Author Topic: Tatsunoko vs Capcom confirmed for Wii  (Read 38784 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Tatsunoko vs Capcom confirmed for Wii
« Reply #175 on: January 27, 2010, 02:22:47 AM »
It seems weird to me that people want a Nintendo vs. Capcom game. Nintendo has too many characters for that, they still haven't come close to cramming them all into a Smash Brothers game. If it were a traditional fighting game, I'd have no interest in it.

Meh, there's no such thing as "too many characters for that". Capcom also has a ton of characters that hasn't been present in a VS game. That's no deal breaker.

Also I'd love to see Konami vs Capcom.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 27, 2010, 06:34:46 AM »
I had a bit of fun playing my roommate in this.  I won a grand total of one match, really, but he's typically better at fighters than I am.  Lately, since he got a PS2, we've been on a Marvel vs Capcom 2 kick, and transitioning to TvC works out pretty well.

I haven't yet picked out a second character, but my first main is going to be Roll, pretty much just for the fun.  Also, I love that she has a healing special.  It's surprisingly incredibly helpful.  That, and he special where she sets the opponent on fire, then douses them with a giant water bucket definitely make her a valid character.

Apparently, some moves can reflect projectiles.  One of Roll's can, so keep your eyes out for that, if you enjoy the game.

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 27, 2010, 12:08:29 PM »
Got it yesterday, and I'm enjoying it so far. I'm not much into fighters, but the promise of streamlined controls sold me, and I'm glad I bought in.

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #178 on: January 27, 2010, 12:51:17 PM »
I'm liking it!  My girlfriend and I are pretty evenly matched, so it's been fun so far.  That said, my hands and wrists hurt like hell today from the Classic Controller.  I need to get an arcade stick stick.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 27, 2010, 03:01:03 PM »
Amazon's selling TvC and the FightStick together with a 15% discount, and they've extended the preorder $10 credit to the end of the month.

Edit: That's just 15% off the FightStick's price, not the combo.  Sorry.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 03:26:36 PM by UltimatePartyBear »

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 28, 2010, 07:58:27 PM »
There are definitely not enough people talking about this game.  My roommate and I are loving it, though he hates Roll and her heal special.

We've played for several hours against each other, though he wants to unlock the rest of the characters first.  Problem is, he won't do anything to unlock them, and I don't care so much about them, since I just about know who I plan to use.

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #181 on: January 28, 2010, 09:43:48 PM »
Unlocking the characters is a little tough.  I mean, it's easy to beat the final boss with a few characters, but super hard with the rest.  I've unlocked Frank West so far.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 28, 2010, 10:43:36 PM »
my copy doesn't ship till Feb 1st.
super saver shipping.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 29, 2010, 12:41:59 AM »
Do you have to play through some sort of single-player mode to unlock characters, or can you unlock them from playing multiplayer?

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 29, 2010, 01:27:50 AM »
Unfortunately, you do.  It takes fourteen play-throughs of Arcade mode in order to unlock everything.  Six w/ Capcom characters dealing the last hit to the boss, and six with Tatsunoko characters doing the same.  That gets you two characters from both sides, and then once you beat it with all the unlockable characters (you can use the first unlockable character for both sides to count towards the second,) you have to beat it with the second character from each side.  Once you've beaten the game with all four of those characters, you unlock a fifth one, from Tatsunoko, I believe.

And unfortunately, it doesn't count if you beat it twice with the same character.  Essentially, the quickest way to go is to ramp down difficulty and ramp up damage.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 29, 2010, 05:02:20 AM »
Just got my copy (from Amazon with free shipping and arrival on release date) and did one run through arcade mode. I got to Yami (that was spoiled in pre-release hype so I don't care) with Ryu and Ken but there was just no way I'd really manage to kill him (even though the hadouken does crazy damage to him), I did that with PTX40 after several tries. Is there any way to avoid that sweeping fire beam on his last form? That thing seems to drag you to the emission point if it hits you and that means instant death.

It was hard to overcome my flashstep and damage cancel reflexes from Bleach DS at first...

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 29, 2010, 05:27:26 AM »
Just block.  Hold the opposite direction of Yami without pressing anything else.  I assume you mean the special that does some sort of rotation, right?  That's all there is to it.

The grab he does, where he picks you up, then fires the beam is a bit more difficult.  I can't tell you the best way to avoid that yet.

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 29, 2010, 12:22:08 PM »
T vs C was released today in the UK, so I would hope to get my copy this weekend. For any other British reader, Zavvi are selling it for £17.95. Not too shabby.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 29, 2010, 12:37:00 PM »
Just block.  Hold the opposite direction of Yami without pressing anything else.  I assume you mean the special that does some sort of rotation, right?  That's all there is to it.

The grab he does, where he picks you up, then fires the beam is a bit more difficult.  I can't tell you the best way to avoid that yet.

Interesting, I thought his big moves were unblockable (certainly got hit by a few when trying to block). So far I used the Mega Crash to escape from the grab, not very efficient but it did the job.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 29, 2010, 01:51:20 PM »
Anyway, I noticed that about one in three reviews complains that the online is laggy as hell (most written pre-release) while the others say it's fine (ran fine for me too in the test matches I fought), my guess is that they ended up with shitty connections or opponents and just decided "it's the Wii so it'll lag more than XBox". I have no idea why people have that prejudice about the Wii though, XBox Live isn't some magical speed enhancer, it's just a matchmaking server. Just because you pay for it doesn't mean it's better. Hell, I get plenty of lagged Modern Warfare 2 matches, should I say the PC is no good for online play?

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 29, 2010, 02:59:28 PM »
Anyway, I noticed that about one in three reviews complains that the online is laggy as hell (most written pre-release) while the others say it's fine (ran fine for me too in the test matches I fought), my guess is that they ended up with shitty connections or opponents and just decided "it's the Wii so it'll lag more than XBox". I have no idea why people have that prejudice about the Wii though, XBox Live isn't some magical speed enhancer, it's just a matchmaking server. Just because you pay for it doesn't mean it's better. Hell, I get plenty of lagged Modern Warfare 2 matches, should I say the PC is no good for online play?

They probably say this because many more developers put effort into their online code for the HD consoles. That's not so much the case for the Wii.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 29, 2010, 04:19:44 PM »

Interesting, I thought his big moves were unblockable (certainly got hit by a few when trying to block). So far I used the Mega Crash to escape from the grab, not very efficient but it did the job.

Nope, different attacks are different types of hits.  There's low, high, and air attacks.  Low attacks can't be blocked while standing.  Air attacks can't be blocked while crouching.  I'm not sure if there's a particular type of attack that gets through an air block, but I don't recall any doing so.

Try crouch-blocking if you haven't, or just stand blocking.  One of those two definitely block it.  I didn't think about using Mega-Crash to escape the grab, I'll have to remember that.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 29, 2010, 04:29:04 PM »
Yeah, I already realized the attacks are all blockable, at first I thought you were supposed to dodge them considering how nasty they look. One you know to block the battle is much easier,blocking these attacks is easier than regular ones even because of the extensive telegraphing.

Offline williamsjj

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 29, 2010, 09:29:54 PM »
my copy doesn't ship till Feb 1st.
super saver shipping.

I hate to be "Mr. Me Too" again, but me too, lol.  The more I read about the game the more excited I get.  I hope that it is good as everyone is saying and I hope that it sells well so that companies are willing to create more "hardcore" games for the Wii.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #194 on: January 29, 2010, 09:57:45 PM »
Anyway, I noticed that about one in three reviews complains that the online is laggy as hell (most written pre-release) while the others say it's fine (ran fine for me too in the test matches I fought), my guess is that they ended up with ****ty connections or opponents and just decided "it's the Wii so it'll lag more than XBox". I have no idea why people have that prejudice about the Wii though, XBox Live isn't some magical speed enhancer, it's just a matchmaking server. Just because you pay for it doesn't mean it's better. Hell, I get plenty of lagged Modern Warfare 2 matches, should I say the PC is no good for online play?

They probably say this because many more developers put effort into their online code for the HD consoles. That's not so much the case for the Wii.

The GameTrailers review said that the stability depended on how far apart you and you opponent are. The closer they are, the less lag there was in online play.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 30, 2010, 03:33:55 AM »
Obviously, that's a fundamental law of physics.

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 30, 2010, 04:53:49 PM »
Anyway, I noticed that about one in three reviews complains that the online is laggy as hell (most written pre-release) while the others say it's fine (ran fine for me too in the test matches I fought), my guess is that they ended up with ****ty connections or opponents and just decided "it's the Wii so it'll lag more than XBox". I have no idea why people have that prejudice about the Wii though, XBox Live isn't some magical speed enhancer, it's just a matchmaking server. Just because you pay for it doesn't mean it's better. Hell, I get plenty of lagged Modern Warfare 2 matches, should I say the PC is no good for online play?

The GameTrailers review said that the stability depended on how far apart you and you opponent are. The closer they are, the less lag there was in online play.

Makes sense. To clarify, I was referring to the part about why the 360's online service is praised, while the Wii's is slammed.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 30, 2010, 09:20:58 PM »
This game is great, we've been playing it for hours :P
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #198 on: January 31, 2010, 12:49:17 AM »
Has anybody tried online? Is it as laggy as some reviews say or do you need to just get your connection as optimised as much as one can?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 31, 2010, 02:43:37 AM »
As I said, my matches were without any lag that I noticed though I only got to play against three different people so far. Sometimes I didn't get a match at all and other times the rankings were extremely mismatched (me at 150 against people around the 1k mark...) but overall the connecting goes much faster than in any other matchmaking-based game I played, both Wii and PC but it only needs one other player after all.

I unlocked All Shooters yesterday, took a few tries but I don't know WTF the Gamespy reviewer was on when he declared it an impossible task (does he think you need to get all the black letters too or something?).