Author Topic: Nintendo Announces E3 Plans  (Read 5859 times)

Offline JusDBerube

• King Nintendo Fanboy
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Nintendo Announces E3 Plans
« on: May 13, 2015, 05:15:00 AM »

Digital Event, more Best Buy demos, Nintendo World Championships, and more!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/40235/nintendo-announces-e3-plans

Nintendo has revealed their full E3 plans including a return of the Nintendo World Championship after 25 years.

To start things off, Nintendo will continue their tradition of having a Digital Event in order to make their big game announcements. This event will take place on June 16 at 9 a.m. PT.

Nintendo will also be bringing back their Treehouse Live event during the E3 show floor hours. This year, the live stream will have more games and more developer appearances than ever before.

If you want to try out some of the games at E3, don't fret. Nintendo is once again partnering with Best Buy to let fans play Mario Maker during the week at E3. Participating stores will have the game on hand on June 17 between 4-9 p.m., and again on June 20 between Noon and 5 p.m.

The last bit of news is that Nintendo is bringing back their famous Nintendo World Championships tournament during E3. No details have been given, but the event will happen on June 14 and players can try to enter the competition at participating Best Buys on May 30.

Online broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Announces E3 Plans
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 12:33:10 PM »
Well, assuming I get to watch these conferences live at all (I'll probably be starting a new job around then), I guess I'll be watching Square-Enix's conference live and the Direct at a later time, then. Nintendo could really air their Direct at any time, so I don't see why they couldn't just release it on Sunday or late Monday & have the Treehouse events at their usual time.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 12:48:56 PM »
I think the issue is Nintendo airs just before the show floor opens so they couldn't move back, and there are twice as many conferences this year so Square Enix couldn't move forward. Although I can't think of any reason why Square's announcements couldn't just be made during Sony's conference like they used to be.

Offline KisakiProject

• Score: -8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 12:54:26 PM »
This video is why I love Nintendo.  Made my day.  The championship is definitely a way to promote Splatoon.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 01:39:46 PM »
Remember when everyone thought they were going to announce a new Punch Out? good times...
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 01:45:44 PM »
Does this mean there's going to be a Nintendo World Championship Gold Wii U disc?   Will it be worth $10,000 in a decade?  More importantly, how will the dip-switches fit on the disc?
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 07:31:51 PM »
I hope Luke wins the Championships again. Californaaa...

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 07:44:19 PM »

So what if the last round is "A NEW GAME!" They pull up the screen and its...

VIDEO ARMAGEDDON

!SUPER MARIO GALAXY 3!

Offline Nelson S.

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2015, 08:55:40 PM »
The heck I just see?

*apply holy water*

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2015, 08:58:22 PM »
With Mario Maker being this year's featured Best Buy demo, I expect we'll see Nintendo to throw it's weight in for that game. I hope this means Mario Maker will be bigger than previously indicated.

I don't quite know what to expect out of new announcements from Nintendo for E3 this year. Given the low forecasts for Wii U and 3DS hardware sales, it is not reasonable to expect anything too risky or unproven. Though, maybe we'll see another bolt of inspiration like Splatoon or an experiment-in-between-big-sequels like Code Name: STEAM.

In the interest of low expectations, I suspect we will see a lot more amiibo and DLC content than we would like and precious few surprises.

Online broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2015, 10:24:16 PM »

So what if the last round is "A NEW GAME!" They pull up the screen and its...

VIDEO ARMAGEDDON

!SUPER MARIO GALAXY 3!

In all seriousness, if Nintendo actually did that they'd totally win E3, especially if they actually brought on cast members from The Wizard. But I highly doubt NCL has the sense of humor to allow NoA to actually do that.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2015, 10:40:51 PM »
Why? It had the sense of humor to allow Nintendo of America to enlist both Mega64 and Robot Chicken to help with E3 last year. I find both to be hit or miss. However, it showed Nintendo has some self-awareness.

I could give or take Fred Savage showing up. I rather like Jenny Lewis (and Rilo Kiley) though.

Online broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2015, 10:49:37 PM »
Why? It had the sense of humor to allow Nintendo of America to enlist both Mega64 and Robot Chicken to help with E3 last year. I find both to be hit or miss. However, it showed Nintendo has some self-awareness.

Because Nintendo never talks about their brief foray into movies. Doing that gag would mean acknowledging that The Wizard actually exists. It's like expecting Nintendo to make a joke about the Virtual Boy at one of these things. They just don't talk about certain things from their past.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2015, 11:08:06 PM »
The video today actually included a Virtual Boy reference.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2015, 11:26:06 PM »
There's also this (to the right):

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2015, 12:27:20 AM »
I am really excited about this.  Honestly, this has potential to be one of the greatest game tournaments and publicity stunts ever.

Imagine having gamers sign up for a tournament brackets of Smash Bros, Super Mario Kart, and Splatoon the winner will go on to the real tournament. 

The real tournament will be a mixture of classic game competitions, of varying types.

They could have designers from around the industry use Mario maker to make insidiously hard levels to try to beat. 

They could have the original tournament disc to play again.  They could have a new game to compete in that nobody's played...even if it is just a mini game. 

Though, they could do something amazing and create Legend of Zelda Classic Dungeons game that allows people to compete in randomly generated Zelda dungeons.  You list which items can be available and you go into the game, just playing the dungeons...Oh I want that game tomorrow.

Offline NeoThunder

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2015, 01:07:58 AM »
Given that amiibo is the only reason Nintendo turned a profit recently. I'd say get ready for a whole bunch more amiibo ****
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>Mario Kart# 3178-8705-8094
<BR>
<BR>Faith is the complete surrender and acceptence of total control

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2015, 01:29:05 AM »
Given that amiibo is the only reason Nintendo turned a profit recently. I'd say get ready for a whole bunch more amiibo ****

How'd they make a profit when they only shipped three? :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Mythtendo

• My rims never spin, to the contrary, you'll find that they're quite stationary
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2015, 10:39:24 AM »
I'm not gonna get excited about the Best Buy demos if it's like last year. Remember last year? When lke 50 stores in the country got them and most people would have to drive several hours to get to one that had the demos?

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2015, 11:25:33 AM »

How'd they make a profit when they only shipped three? :D

And you got two of them.

And advised Nintendo to limit production instead of  getting another supplier to produce them, because it's "just that easy!".

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2015, 02:52:28 PM »
The Amiibo situation would be a lot better if Nintendo just sold them on their online store. Do what Amazon does.

And I'm so hyped to finally play Mario Maker at Best Buy! The press release said the demos will be at over 150 Best Buy stores nationwide, but it would be better if they were at ALL Best Buy stores.

Better yet, just let us download these E3 demos on our systems. Why don't game companies ever do that?
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2015, 05:25:23 PM »
The common theories for why we don't get demos are that early E3 demos run on dev kits and could potentially brick systems, limiting it improves their relationship with best buy and the demos can be datamined for spoilers. Although they could atleast throw us a bone, something like Project Giant Robot would have been a nifty little toy to mess around with since it's not really a proper game yet so they don't stand to lose anything by giving it out for free.

Shower thought, what if Giant Robot is the spiritual successor to Chibi Robo and is 2015's big holiday title, you never know with Miyamoto he's as unpredictable as radioactive decay.