Author Topic: should i get a cube  (Read 3862 times)

Offline camry4me

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
should i get a cube
« on: July 27, 2003, 09:40:15 PM »
For a while now ive been debating on getting a cube.  I have a ps2 and i love it.  BUt there are some games that i like from nintendo that will not come out on ps2 (mario kart, fzero, waverace)  I want to hear your input.  Do you think they will lower the price at all anytime soon?  I checked out the free games that you can choose from and not real interested in any.  Although i would probably get metroid prime, i heard its good.  Overall, is it worth having a cube and a ps2, or should i save my $150 so i can pay rent??

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: should i get a cube
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2003, 09:58:03 PM »
well asking people in the PLANETGAMECUBE forums would lead you to the assumption that yes we will tell you to get a cube (and rightfully so, as its a great console) but you would probably be better off either 1) asking in a mutli platform forum, or 2) waying up the amount of games you are likely to purchase for the console and see if in your eyes its worth it.

Offline penfold

• View Profile
RE:should i get a cube
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2003, 10:01:06 PM »
Nintendo will probably not lower its system prices any time soon, since its the lowest of the three systems out there now. If it does ever plan to lower the prices, you will hear it probably when E3 is held.

You cannot go wrong with getting a GCN and having it connected with your PS2. Combine that with the free GB player and you will have three systems hooked up on the same TV. Go to your local EBGames and you will find many great buys on GCN games. I even found a Wave Race game for the Cube for only 14 bucks there.

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2003, 03:40:34 AM »
At a $149 with a free GameBoy Player, I think Nintendo definitely has the best deal around. You have already stated that there are at least 3 Nintendo exclusive games that you are interested in. I say that those are at least 3 good reasons to purchase a GameCube  
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2003, 04:07:02 AM »
If for some reason you are not interested in one of the free games (Zelda or Metroid Prime) then get the Gameboy Player. Nintendo makes the best games, and they are all exclusively on the Game Cube.
Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!

Offline MagicToenail

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2003, 05:28:44 AM »
Go to walmart and buy a Gamecube with a free gameboy player. In their package they include a free OoT/ Master Quest game and the Bonus Preview disc. Then go to blockbuster and buy Metorid Prime for 20$ and Eternal Darkness for 15$. With all that goodness, for only 185$, you cant go wrong.
Currently playing: Mario 64 DS and Resident Evil 4

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2003, 06:48:56 AM »
Offers like that make me wish that I didnt own a Cube, so that I could buy one all over again. One of these days I'm gonna stop buying Nintendo games/systems at launch so that I can get a good deal later on.

Awe who am I kidding, I cant wait. I guess I have to pay full price.
Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!

Offline Oblivious

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2003, 02:31:09 PM »
As if you haven't gotten the hint already. C'mon dude, buy a Cube. Hey that rhymed.

Offline mjbd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2003, 04:58:53 PM »
If you do pick up a Cube, buy WaveRace B.S. with it.  I bought it at launch, and its the best water racer available on any system.  It really was a sleeper hit, should have sold a million copies world wide.  There are alot af AAA titles out for Cube.  Zelda WW, Metroid Prime, Super Smash Brothers, Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil 0, and so on.  I would say this to anyone, even those who own a PS2 or X-box, but a Cube.  The exclusives will more than make it worth while.  3rd party support may not be the greatest, but if you already own a PS2 or X-box, who cares.  Granted I only own a Cube, but barely have enough time for one system.
Formerly Known As Mike_OPN2000

Offline HiTmaN

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2003, 05:15:15 PM »
It all depends, if you dont have Vice City for your PS2, then I'd get that now. If you just want those games then theres no reason to go and spend $150 for a new system and a few games. I would get the new Grand Turisimo for a racer, Mario Kart looks pretty cool but I'm going to get GT instead, I have Waverace 64 so I dont need the new one
Temptation why wont you leave me alone?

Offline VoodooMerlin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2003, 05:45:21 PM »
I've worked in the game industry for nearly 4 years and have earned a paycheck by playing all of the systems and software extensively.

I've owned all of the systems at home as well as at "work". At home I've owned 2 Cubes, 2 PS2s, 2 GBAs and an XboX....as well as systems from the N64 on back.

I've pared down my home collection to 2 Funtastic Series N64s, an NES, Genesis 1, PSX, GBA, an XboX that my son owns....and one Cube. Reason being that I've kept the Cube is that the Cube has the widest selection of TYPES of games of all of the current major systems.

The PS2 seems to be stuck on "crime" games and the XboX caters heavily to FPS gamers. Nintendo has platformers that the others don't.....and with the advent of the GBA Player it has a ton of great RPGs both available or on the way.

Funny how Nintendo always "wins" in the end.

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2003, 06:55:03 PM »
yeah gc is a good buy right now- you get the free gbp with it which will enhance your game library right off the bat
and there are plenty of good games coming out soon or out now
eternal darkness would be highly recommended and for 15-20 dollars how can you say no?
prime is along with ed as the best game the gc has to offer
i call the big one bitey.

Offline AgentSeven

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2003, 07:00:44 PM »
Man this is a no-brainer.  If you love great games, and your'e tired of the same old crap that is coming out on the PS2 and the X-box, then the GameCube is the system for you.  Not to mention the fact that many, many fantastic titles are now under $30...

Oh and there's this amazing thing called a WaveBird, which is completely superior to ANY other 3rd party wireless control.
"I am not a number, I am a free man"    "$ony=Atari Circa 1984"

Got a Defective ps2?  Go here: http://www.sheller.com/sonyPS2classaction.html

Offline NintendoFanGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2003, 10:30:37 AM »
This is the best time to buy a GC.  Both Target ($50 gift card) and Circuit City (free Wavebird) are running deals this week, so you better head over there now before they expire.

Offline Zelda

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2003, 11:20:35 AM »

Originally posted by: AgentSeven
Man this is a no-brainer.  If you love great games, and your'e tired of the same old crap that is coming out on the PS2 and the X-box, then the GameCube is the system for you. Not to mention the fact that many, many fantastic titles are now under $30...

Oh my god, you're so right! PS2 and Xbox just have the same old crap while Gamecube is wonderful! No Good games on PS2 or xbox! Just the same old crap! and $30 games?! That's so much better than the $20 greatest hits on PS2 and Xbox! Who needs $20 when you can have $30? !

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2003, 03:01:03 PM »
man I hate these kinda threads
LZ 2005

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2003, 04:40:51 PM »
Don't get a GameCube. This is Planet Great Cheese, nobody likes GameCube here, we like cheese. We talk about it. I hate GameCube. I like Atari 2600. You wait, it'll take over the gaming market this year. As well as the cheese market.

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2003, 08:20:30 PM »
Infernal those comics are topnotch man!!! gj, very funny.

Hitman, you're really missing out on a great game by ignoring Wave Race BS because you have WR64.

Wave Race BS was the 2nd GC I bought, and I must say it is HIGHLY UNDERRATED.
mags will tell you Splashdown is better and WRBS isn't that great, but they couldn't be more wrong
I also owned Splashdown and it's good but is in no way close to WRBS at all.

the first time I played WRBS, I was put off by the control, and I wrote it off as sucking.
but I played it again and boy was i ever wrong, this game kicks major A$$!

as far as gettin a cube, that's a no-brainer, who cares about your rent money, you can always steal electricity from your neighbors with concealed extension cables...

(here's my story of GC/PS2... i bought PS2 in March 2001, i bought GC in June 2002, although I've owned as many as 14 PS2 games, I know own 15 GC games, and only 6 PS2 games... if that doesn't indicate GC dominance than well.... go take a shower with the water as cold as possible and see if that changes your mind)

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2003, 08:28:43 PM »
"Should I get a Cube"

Kill the man......NOW!
You came to a Nintendo forums, and you don't have a Gamecube?
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2003, 09:50:34 PM »
if i were to get a system now...it be an atari jaguar
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2003, 01:01:49 AM »
A PC Engine with Dracula X: Rhondo of Blood -- OH MAN!
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline The Doc

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2003, 11:16:45 AM »
In short, yes you should buy a GameCube. In my opinion, I feel that GameCube is the best console of the three. I bought an Xbox back in January and needless to say I hate the console with a passion, and I am looking to sell it on ebay.  The GameCube is a great system with a lot of solid games, and by the middle of 2004 the Gamecube will have well over 400 games for it, and Nintendo makes the best games plain and simple. I currently own two GameCubes (Platium and Indigo) and I am very happy with both. If you want a great console along with great games then Nintendo GameCube's value can not be beat.

The Doc