Author Topic: Thomas & Friends Steaming Around Sodor (3DS) Review  (Read 1322 times)

Offline Daan

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Thomas & Friends Steaming Around Sodor (3DS) Review
« on: November 09, 2015, 03:15:00 AM »

Climb on board the hype train and marvel at the wonders of Sodor.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/review/41450/thomas-n-friends-steaming-around-sodor-3ds-review

''It was a beautiful day to look at some video games,'' proclaimed Daan Koopman. Eager to learn about new games, he went to Miiverse and noticed something out of the ordinary. ''Why is this Thomas the Tank Engine game on the front page?'' He found a community filled with train memes and silly jokes, which is normal occurrence in the thriving Nintendo communities. His interest piqued, Daan went to the Nintendo eShop and went deep into a new marvelous world.

He started the game's Story Mode and heard the sweet sounds of the storyteller Mark Moraghan. Mark's wit comes to good use in the various story sequences and should heighten the quality of a Thomas & Friends adventure. ''But it doesn't!,'' said Daan with an annoyed voice. ''Look at these still images. That is not interactive, not interactive at all. Isn't this a video game?'' Daan was naturally right, but wasn't it a kids game? Should the quality really matter in these sort of things? ''I guess... but videos would have been nicer.''

It didn't take long before Daan complained some more. ''These minigames seems rather... bleh. Look at this first game, in which I have keep touching the trains in a never ending loop. You get bored after a few minutes!'' Daan kept playing and playing, but every minigame couldn’t escape the wrath of the reviewer. ''With fantastic inclusions like a Match 3 puzzler and a Connect Four clone, children will be inspired to grow up and make this themselves. '' After 20 minutes, the Story mode was done and our hero looked to the sky. ''Where have I gone wrong? '' Well Daan, you played a Thomas the Tank Engine game!

In Free Play Mode, you could play some of the favorite games over and over again. ''Which favourites? '' Daan proclaimed with a grin. ''This game is expensive and only features nine minigames to choose from. All of them are either action or traditional puzzle games, which all have better versions somewhere out there! '' The sun set and a long day concluded. ''The music was annoying and the minigames deprived of fun. The presentation was decent in places, but I surely wouldn’t want my younger members in the family to play this! '' Daan ended his rant, shut down his Nintendo 3DS and wrote this incredibly stupid review.

Offline xcwarrior

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas & Friends Steaming Around Sodor (3DS) Review
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 11:22:31 AM »
My son loves Thomas & Friends, so this makes me sad.

Choo Choo Choo.
Nintendo ID: XCWarrior
3DS code: 1289-8376-3350. PM me if you want to swap.
Steam and backloggery.com are also: XCWarrior

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 12:33:39 PM »
First look and last look considering it was over in 20 minutes.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 02:40:29 PM »
clearly, you should have played this.

Offline ForgottenPearl

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 02:53:47 PM »