Author Topic: Why do nintendo fans hate Xbox so much?  (Read 79717 times)

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Why do nintendo fans hate Xbox so much?
« Reply #200 on: April 23, 2003, 09:34:19 AM »

has ANYONE heard of Elderscrolls here??

Yep.  And it resides on my PC.

As for the other inane comments, i'll just say that the GC userbase is alot older than people think.  I'll let someone else pick apart the rest...  
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 25, 2003, 11:03:14 PM »
all hail Scorpianldr (even though reptile > scorpian) the supreme being of everything its a forum, its designed for convaying messages and arguments, so yes we can argue with you, the Gamecube has a mixed bag of kids and adult games, which suits me just fine.

Offline Mistress

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 26, 2003, 06:30:44 AM »
Personally, I am not interested in buying an X Box, mainly because most of the games I would play on it, are on other systems, including the PC, and I don't see the point in paying for a system which at the end of the day, I may use for one or two games exclusively available for that system. The PS2 has the advantage of more games I would play, and also being able to play PS1 games so I can trade in or sell my PS and still play my old favourites.

The GameCube wins for me because I prefer the type of games..in a lot of ways, many of the games on Nintendo systems, are just much more fun...

Offline Jedi Master Yoda

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 27, 2003, 12:25:28 PM »
I have all three consoles. The first console I bought was GameCube, because I've always loved Nintendo. I don't have any regrets, especially since right now I have more GCN games than I ever had N64 games, and I have more GCN games than Xbox and PS1/2 games combined. Over that 1st winter (after the release of the GCN), I was only playing SSBM (I had beaten Pikmin and played Star Wars Rogue Squadron a trillion times), and I was thinking how great I'd be to get an Xbox. So that February I had finally saved up enough money to buy a Xbox. Bad choice. I bought it with Halo, and Halo was the only Xbox game I owned for almost the rest of that year. The next games I picked up were Unreal Championship and MechAssault with Xbox Live (both are great games, but nothing spectacular), followed by Metal Gear Solid 2, Splinter Cell, and DOA: Xtreme Beach Volleyball (all three of which I'm going to sell because they suck). This past Christmas I got a PS2, and I am happily in Squaresoft bliss (I never owned a PS1).
Now that you've heard my story, I have to say I don't like Xbox. I don't hate it; it does have it's good points (Halo and Xbox Live, especially when put together), but I don't like it as much or play it as much as my PS2 and GCN (of course, you could say the reason I play so much PS2 is because of all the RPGs). GameCube is my near-perfect console; all it needs is more Square and it needs to loose its kiddy image. My PS2 makes up for all the GameCube's short-commings (lots of Square and I don't get made fun of at school for owning one). And my Xbox... sits there.
Check out the games I own!

Currently Playing:
1) Final Fantasy VIII - PSX

Jedi Master Yoda

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 29, 2003, 10:38:03 AM »
Originally posted by: Jirachi

As for the People who hate M$, why, don't be mad because a bigger company can produce better hardware, and use its money to bring together the worlds most technologicaly advanced games ever, and you can't. How did M$ take over Nintendo's teritory. Who said it was Nintendo's in the first place. Didn't Nintendo invade Atari, and those other ancient consoles space. As for why I think GCN fans dislike xbox, maybe its because when they both were release their main compition was each other, not PS2. All I have to say is Xbox > GCN > PS2

------------------------------------------------------------------------
LEARN YOUR GAMING HISTORY YOUNG ONE!
Atari had flopped in the marketplace before the Nintendo came out,
Nintendo never "invaded" Atari or any other old consoles

Nintendo saved the gaming industry and carved itself a space in it, I think that's why
people said Microsoft was taking over their territory

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 29, 2003, 11:09:14 AM »
I think I might go buy an Xbox and not buy any games for it, thus making M$ lose another hundred dollars or so

although the xbox is outselling the gamecube worldwide....in hardware
more software (games) have sold for the gamecube than for the xbox...

we all know hardware=losing money and software=making money
seems to me M$ is just losing tons of cash HAHAAHAHA

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 29, 2003, 11:28:09 AM »

we all know hardware=losing money and software=making money
seems to me M$ is just losing tons of cash HAHAAHAHA

Problem is, MS doesn't care if they lose money.  They just figure the more you spend the more you'll make in the long run.  Their whole attitude just annoys me.   How about spending some of that cash on my windows XP?  Its a big heap of shat....windows 95 was better!
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 29, 2003, 01:02:25 PM »
i think nintendo fans get pissed off at xbox because they dont
want Microsoft invading the gaming industry and ruining it

I mean theyre already buying out developers, and they could buy out
more and more and continue to make bad games that only fall into
a few different genres...
basically all the xbox games are about killing something to death

they can also monopolize the gaming industry with bad controllers
i dont care what u say even the s controller is pathetic

ive played the xbox and its so so, i thought DOA3 was decent, but not anything better than virtua fighter 4
played dead to rights and it was average
played wreckless sure good graphics but thats about it
played dave mirra 2, surprisingly liked it more than thp3 but still average

one thing thats funny, ps2 is so underpowered yet its racing games are better than xbox

one thing i don't understand... if xbox hardware is so much more powerful
than gamecubes than why do the games only look marginally better?

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 29, 2003, 01:33:03 PM »
People have to realize that MS is losing money for a REASON- they needed to get a foothold in the industry so they could make money down the line. Believe me- you almost NEVER make a profit on your first foray into an industry. Even Nintendo was dipping a bit when they got into arcade games. Just a reminder that MS doesn't need to make money now- they just need to get the XBox out there, which they ARE doing, and very well I might add.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 29, 2003, 02:27:23 PM »
Bah, I don't even want to think about Microsoft buying out game studios, the thought is too scary. They are so large they can effectively run a monopoly and no one can do anything about it, just scary.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: April 30, 2003, 07:29:25 AM »

Bah, I don't even want to think about Microsoft buying out game studios, the thought is too scary. They are so large they can effectively run a monopoly and no one can do anything about it, just scary.

Thats what their history suggests will happen, though.  Thats why a lot of people are concerned, myself included.  I for one, do not want to be a part of it...

Offline KatDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 01, 2003, 11:20:28 AM »
Joeamis...you really picked the cream of the crap ala Xbox titles to choose to play...Next time you get a chance to play, let me know and I'll let you in on the real deal.

BTW...for the racing fan, have you played World Racing or PGR??  Just curious...
Dyslexic man sells soul to Santa--film at 11.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 01, 2003, 11:29:17 AM »
in replying to the name of the thread...

its like applejacks...we just do.

actually i wanna get an xbox and fable.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 01, 2003, 12:54:48 PM »

Originally posted by: KatDaddy
Joeamis...you really picked the cream of the crap ala Xbox titles to choose to play...Next time you get a chance to play, let me know and I'll let you in on the real deal.

BTW...for the racing fan, have you played World Racing or PGR??  Just curious...

I didn't "pick" those games, those are the games my friend owns for his xbox...
he also owns halo but never wants to play it so...

and last summer everyone ever born was ranting about dead or alive being an xbox must have...so I guess xbox must haves aren't good games in your opinion either haha
and DOA was touted as the best looking xbox game made, and the gameplay was supposed to be equal to vf4 and t4

um I haven't played either of those racing games, but I've read mediocre reviews for both of them,
why would I trade off Gran Turismo 3 for those games lol?  plus Need for Speed on ps2 is better than the xbox version and WR and PGR as well... and Midnight Club 2 is also better than those games, Xbox will merely equal that with their version of MC2...  

Offline KatDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 02, 2003, 04:33:06 AM »
Yeah, DOA3 was decent...not great, but not bad at all.

However, there is better on the Xbox than that.  It's the other titles that are craptacular that you mentioned.

Joeamis, Need for Speed on PS2 is better than PGR and WR?  You are smoking serious crack.  That statement is laughable.  If you're so knowledgeable about PGR and WR, what are their drawbacks in your opinion?  Just curious of your "hands-on" opinion.
Dyslexic man sells soul to Santa--film at 11.

Offline codyy

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 05, 2003, 11:11:48 AM »
Here let's end this with a little showing from this website:
www.discomedia.com

Highly entertaining Super Console Wars movies. Why can't we all just, get along?
"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream to dream before
But the silence was unbroken, and the darkness gave no token..."
--Edgar Allen Poe, The Raven, 1845.

To liberals everywhere: HA!

Offline AERO

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 05, 2003, 02:55:07 PM »
I don't understand how microsoft is destroying the gaming industry by entering it. Its intruduced many new elements to the console gaming world, that are now being recognized by the other companies who are now playing catch-up in those areas. Online gaming, support of new console features such as customized game music, lan gaming, voice recognition technology, ms power point esque technology, hardrives, to name a few.

Some of those features are being released with a kareoke style game from ms studios that gives you ALOT more functionality with your xbox dash. If you havent heard about it yet, pick up the june issue of oxm, becuase the story was broken their first. Although I'm sure its being covered on the net now to. I'm glad I'll finally be able to send mp3s strait from my pc hardrive to my xbox's. I'm buying it just for that, even though I have absolutely no interest in a kareoke game.  

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 06, 2003, 05:05:31 AM »

Online gaming, support of new console features such as customized game music, lan gaming, voice recognition technology, ms power point esque technology, hardrives, to name a few.

Sega started online gaming, and LAN has been available for years.   The music and the hard drive i'll give ya.  Although you could always have that on your PC.  Lets stop making M$ out to be some massive innovators.  They're doing fine, but they didn't 'invent' anything.  They do what they always do-rip existing ideas from other companys and make them their own.

Offline The Doc

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 06, 2003, 06:27:10 AM »
Hey everyone. First of all, let me start out by saying that I am a Nintendo fan who also wanted to own another console in addition to my GCN. I choose Xbox over PS2 due to the Xbox's having more powerful hardware then Sony's console and it had what appeared to be  some exciting games that I was not able to find for the PS2 or GCN. After a few months I began to tire of my Xbox and now the console sits at my gf's house while it waits for a new home. I think I began to tire of the console becuase I am not finding enough games I want or the games for the Xbox I do want are either not out yet or are for the PC. The Xbox is a fine console it just depends wether it will fit your needs or not. Nintendo will always be my first tier console and then it is usually a coin flip between Xbox/PS2 being my second tier console. Did anyone else have high hopes for the xbox and then soon after you bought it the console was just not what you were looking for ?

The Doc

Offline penfold

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 06, 2003, 09:35:24 AM »
I am one that has all of the major three systems. I have no negative attitudes towards Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft. All three consoles are excellent, IMHO. I basically use the GameCube for my Sonic, Mario, and Link games; the Playstation 2 for Twisted Metal, Grand Theft Auto Vice City, World Series Baseball 2K3, and XBOX for Halo, Jet Set Radio Future, Splinter Cell, and MechAssault. Those are just a few of the games I have for the systems. However, they are the ones that I play the most of right now.

My suggestion is always to get all of the major systems, but that is a utopian dream for many, especially for those who cannot afford to get more than a few games for a system as it is in today's economy.

The GameCube may be a"kiddy" system for some, but it has some excellent games, such as Zelda, Mario Sunshine, and Metroid Prime. However, you may have some gripes with Microsoft and those are legit, for you. Afterall, what if you had major setbacks with Windows XP? Your experiences would definitely make purchasing a XBOX a lose situation for you. That is your right not to buy an XBOX. Its your money and your decision.

Offline AERO

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 06, 2003, 11:57:36 AM »

Sega started online gaming, and LAN has been available for years.

By online gaming with consoles, sega had it, but not on the level that xbox has done online gaming. Lan gaming, as in multi console hook-up. What other sytem has done that becuase if it does exist, where?  

Offline Exclusive

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 06, 2003, 12:05:57 PM »
In response to agent's remark about xbox not having any decent exclusive games

1) Brute Force
2) Dead or Alive
3) Dead to Rights
4) Fuzion Frenzy
5) Kung Fu Chaos
6) Halo
7) Inside Pitch
8) NFL Fever 2003
9) Mech Assault
10) NBA Inside Drive
11) Project Gotham Racing
12) The Elders Scrolls 3: Morrowind

Not to mention Halo 2, Fable, and Project Gotham 2

Sorry

Maybe not

www.xbox.com
www.bungie.net
www.bungie.org

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Why do nintendo fans hate Xbox so much?
« Reply #222 on: May 06, 2003, 12:07:36 PM »
Some of those games aren't exclusive, as they're available on PC as well.  And someone's definition of the word "decent" might be different than yours.
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Why do nintendo fans hate Xbox so much?
« Reply #223 on: May 06, 2003, 12:11:32 PM »
Dead to Rights is on all consoles...

Offline Exclusive

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 07, 2003, 10:05:49 AM »
My definition of an exclusive game is a game that is not availible on any other gaming console seeing that all the games that are for xbox and PC are made by microsoft.  I did not mean to list Dead to Rights I apologize for the inconvenience.  All I did was list the Exclusive games...  however if you do not think they are decent, then so be it, you probably don't like them because you don't like xbox and are stereotyping them.  The point of the list is to prove to whoever it was that said that x-box didn't have five exclusive games.  There are eleven on that list.