Author Topic: Splatoon!! WELCOME - TO DYE!  (Read 131245 times)

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
Re: Splatoon!! WELCOME - TO DYE!
« Reply #450 on: August 10, 2015, 07:41:44 PM »
Where is everyone? I haven't seen anyone from my friendlist online since the update released. Who is going to organize some nwr 4 on 4?

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 18, 2015, 04:33:45 AM »
I'm down to join a squad, although my work hours are wildly inconsistent.

Here's some Rainmaker footage I recorded this weekend. Overall I like the mode, but I still need to get better at it. I love how things can turn in an instant if you leave the person with the rainmaker by himself and give him room to advance. Once again, ranked mode battles offer the best variety in terms of team buildup and weapon choice.

My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 18, 2015, 04:56:27 AM »
Played for a bit last night.

Loved Moray Towers and Rainmaker mode.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 19, 2015, 01:20:43 AM »
EDIT: Naw, you know what, I had an even better game. 34 second knockout. The round was over before the song got to the chorus.

Went very bold tonight and managed to get a knockout in under one minute on Rainmaker.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 02:39:29 AM by Soren »

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 20, 2015, 02:28:34 PM »
I'm going to be honest, Splatoon is starting to pull away from me a bit. The continuous updates are stacking up and I have yet to really try certain content- I've played on the camp map only twice since its release and one of those times was an embarrassing Rainmaker match which disconnected, making my point tally go down even further, which was extremely aggravating. The new leveling system feels awkward and less rewarding than ever because of how long it takes to promote to the next level, whereupon you find an even larger number staring at you. The bonus for inking 400p is ridiculous, as it's easy to obtain, and I hoped there would be a 800p bonus as well but nope, they don't think that's rewarding enough.

Now I see another map being released as I'm crawling through the new level cap and I have been unable to find a single friend to play with since I bought the game, so ranked teams or even custom matches are just completely out of the question since no one even seems available or interested enough in the game to arrange a lobby. With more and more content being added with game modes and maps, I just feel as though I'm becoming less familiar with the game and it's more difficult for me to stay relevant in matches. Plus, the mode cycling in ranked is starting to irk me immensely, as Tower Control can go die in a fire because it's not fun at all, and my personal favorite Splat Zones, never seems to be available anymore and adding Rainmaker isn't going to help that ratio.

I'll also admit that I don't like what they did to Urchin Underpass.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 20, 2015, 07:37:35 PM »
I would try not to be concerned with leveling up if looking at it is starting to depress you. The new level cap is mostly there to give people a thing to do for the sake of it. While you get new gear every five new levels, they don't seem essential.

I suggest attempting to commit short sessions with Splatoon a few times a week so it stays fresh with you. Maybe enough rounds to buy a new piece of gear. If that ends up feeling too much like a chore, then maybe Splatoon's time has truly passed for you.

I don't ever want to go back to the old Urchin Underpass. It was too narrow and limited.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 20, 2015, 08:28:19 PM »
I felt that each map had a personality before. Sure, Urchin Underpass was narrow but there were other levels like Blackbelly Skatepark that were more open. Now, Underpass just feels like a map where you're stuck at the same height all the time.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 21, 2015, 05:17:16 AM »
I disagree when I interpret the renovation of Urchin Underpass adding more over watch points to the central court, more surmountable cover points to the central court (i.e. the double height guard rails), the raised path expansion on the road to the central court, and the tower in the team court pas the spawn point. There are more changes in elevation, more cover points, and more opportunities to flank in the new Urchin Underpass.

While the old Urchin Underpass wasn't awful, the flow of the map wasn't as fluid or interesting as the other four starting maps. From my memory, being pushed back to the team court was one of the worst-feeling choke points of the game. (Granted, I didn't use the left path opening in to the central courts as much as I should have.) The new Urchin Underpass is a bigger, better version of Splatoon's fundamentals that has been expanded to be far more dynamic than its previous self.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 21, 2015, 09:12:49 AM »
Flounder Heights in action.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 25, 2015, 08:49:14 AM »
I guess I have another bone to pick with Splatoon. Namely, the fucking incessant internet connection issues I've been having since the recent update.

I know people have been clamoring for an online Nintendo game, but if they can't do it, they honestly shouldn't even try. I was having smooth games up until the recent update and then Nintendo tried to excuse themselves by saying "oh, we planned for that." No, **** you, Nintendo. You obviously didn't, since you allow me to connect to the lobby but within the first six seconds into the match, or sometimes a minute and a half in, you disconnect me. So you clearly haven't fucking prepared for this ****. The reason I feel like I'm not playing enough Splatoon to keep up with recent updates is because the servers apparently can't handle my presence, since it fucks me over within six minutes of the game and then proceeds to do so every six minutes after that.

Oh hey, and since I keep getting disconnected, Nintendo's inane bullshit disconnetion policy screws me over so that I lose all chance of creating a daily ranking, and that I have to stay away from ranked battle or I'll drop my rank down to a terrible level. Great game design.

All I wanted to do was raise my gear for this weekend's Splatfest, but I can't even do that. So I'm screwed out of a game I actually liked on launch because the servers are too clogged to include me. Screw that. Nintendo obviously doesn't know how to make an online game.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 09:10:34 AM by Evan_B »

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 25, 2015, 11:27:16 AM »
Sorry. Guess I needed to vent.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 25, 2015, 07:03:08 PM »
It's all good. I actually haven't had too much in the way of connection issues.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 31, 2015, 02:50:46 AM »
As a Decepticon Champion, it only makes sense that a game of deception such as Splatoon would be our forte.

Hiding in ink, picking off foes... We were built to win.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 31, 2015, 11:13:43 AM »
New Patch Incoming:

Stage adjustments
Arowana Mall: Adjusted terrain in one place to prevent squids from going through, all modes.
Camp Triggerfish: Terrain adjustments to prevent players from directly jumping to the opponent's side, Turf War and Splat Zones
Main Weapon adjustments
All Rollers: While moving, the movement of the field of view when raising the roller overhead has been fixed. The problem in question was changed in Ver. 2.0.0; this corrects it to be the same movement as in Ver. 1.3.0.
Sub Weapon adjustments
Splash Wall: In the situation a bomb hits the enemy's Splash Wall, players standing on the other side of the Wall would receive damage. This has been corrected.
Ranked rule adjustments
In Tower Control, if both team's counts (goal distances) are extremely close, in spite of differences between the counts, the on-screen display denoting the counts/numbers would show the same numbers. This has been fixed.
In Tower Control, after advancing the tower to the same count, the enemy was unable to take the lead in the situation if the tower was then taken.
In Ver. 2.0.0 it was "the team that takes the lead's count is decreased by 1," while before Ver. 1.3.0 it was "the team who had the lead taken from them's count is increased by 1."
Other
The problem of receiving Error 104-2230 after downloading the Ver. 2.0.0 update to be fixed.
Other adjustments to the game have been made so players may have a more pleasant experience.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 02, 2015, 03:40:27 PM »
I think I broke miiverse...

(A link to the post in question has been embedded into the image, because me am pro forum code user)

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #465 on: September 02, 2015, 07:18:46 PM »
C-? pppffffftt

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 02, 2015, 07:34:05 PM »
I don't play ranked much so...

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 20, 2015, 03:57:56 AM »
And, by a narrow margin, Splatoon has proved to be the artists' game. Oh well, got 5 snails from getting the third rank in Team Science.

Of curious interest, Splatoon got a mini-tournament Youtube stream out of TGS 2015.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sjHg4dqu50

The stream is over now. It is sponsored by Youtube and hosted on Nintendo Co. Ltd.'s channel. This further continues Nintendo's weird, sometimes messy relationship with Youtube.

Man, watching good players be savage with the Krak-On Roller is a scary sight.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #468 on: September 21, 2015, 01:04:52 PM »
Just started playing ranked, and I'm liking this game more and more.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 26, 2015, 12:43:34 AM »

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 26, 2015, 04:00:23 AM »
Gotta go fast.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #471 on: October 26, 2015, 07:15:18 AM »
Edit: damnit, beaten.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 26, 2015, 08:29:41 AM »
You're too slow
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

« Reply #473 on: October 28, 2015, 04:42:21 PM »
I just started playing this game over the weekend. I currently live out in the country with no access to the internet outside of school and work so it kind of sucks as a single player experience. I guess Nintendo didn't think this through entirely.
You can call me Mikey if my username is too long.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,
I own Wii U, PS4, PS3, and PC.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 28, 2015, 04:48:31 PM »
No, they thought of it as primarily as an online multiplayer game.