Author Topic: Splatoon!! WELCOME - TO DYE!  (Read 131786 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: Splatoon!! WELCOME - TO DYE!
« Reply #425 on: July 19, 2015, 02:23:25 AM »
Good. Now maybe people will shut the **** up about Dogs winning the last Splatfest in spite of losing slightly more matches.
let me put it this way, both splatfests I played on the team that deserved to win. :smug:

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 19, 2015, 02:27:03 AM »
I played with some pretty damn incompetent Water Slide teams, which was frustrating, especially after going hard and winning a number of games.

The results don't surprise me.

They surprise me. I had some pretty damn incompetent Roller Coaster teams as well. I lost probably my first 7/8 matches earlier in the day. I didn't really start winning until I came back in the evening. I also thought Roller Coasters would win the popularity vote by a huge margin, considering at every theme park I've ever been to you could practically walk onto the Water Slides but had 20-60 minute wait times at best for the Roller Coasters.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 19, 2015, 03:43:07 AM »
I didn't get around to playing much due to watching EVO and playing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate with friends. Nice to see roller coasters taking the win. I guess the summer heat gave water slides the edge in popularity?

I've been having frequent hard locks playing Splatoon. I'm starting to wonder if my Rocket Fish Wii LAN Adapter is the culprit.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 19, 2015, 03:54:05 AM »
I was pretty sure I could get some decent wins if my team followed me and pushed hard enough. I had a handful of absolutely ruthless wins where I darted into enemy territory and did a solid Inkstrike that held the other team at bay while mine caught up and filled in the blanks. But I found a lot of level 15-under players weren't used to such aggressive play and hung back too much.

You can't play Splatfest like normal turf wars.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline MrPhishfood

• Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 19, 2015, 10:41:21 AM »
The stability of the games has been pretty good this time round. Out of my 152 games, I've been diconnected 2 times and have been put on a 3v4 game 4 times.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 19, 2015, 03:22:14 PM »
Why do you count Splatfest games?

I think the servers focusing only on people from a specific region makes connection issues easier. I had three uneven matches, myself.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 19, 2015, 07:20:09 PM »
Why do you count Splatfest games?

I think the servers focusing only on people from a specific region makes connection issues easier. I had three uneven matches, myself.
when I pulled out it was the worst i'd ever seen this game get, and on a very consistent basis.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 20, 2015, 01:18:42 PM »
It's a trade-off, playing exclusively with players in the same region nets me more disconnects and connection problems. Play with Euros and Japanese players and you get lag. I've learned to live with it.

RE: Splatfest. I was terrible, I played really bad and could only get Champion again after almost 5 hours total play. The teams were also very uncompetitive and conservative in their approach, which was not the case of the first splatfest, at least for me.

Still, I'm 2-0. Just win, baby.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 20, 2015, 02:22:48 PM »
I'm in Japan playing with NA servers and my connection has never dropped. How strange.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 24, 2015, 10:14:39 PM »

Offline MrPhishfood

• View Profile
« Reply #435 on: July 24, 2015, 11:07:23 PM »
Camp Triggerfish. I was a bit miffed that out of the 10 games I had, I randomly got Black Belly Skate Park 8 times.

Anyway, when Splatoon gets party matchmaking, this will be the map that decides who has the better team work. At the start you need a good balance of 2 on offense and 2 on defense. Once the clock runs down to 1 minute the defenders become attackers. I love it.

UPDATE NEW WEAPONS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuJENO8M23I
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 11:16:48 PM by MrPhishfood »

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 28, 2015, 12:05:53 PM »
Urchin Underpass is getting a makeover.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 29, 2015, 07:34:39 PM »

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 03, 2015, 02:32:24 PM »
Unlike Smash Bros, Splatooners get patch notes.

Ver. 2.0.0 [8/5/2015 distribution plans] – 610MB download

Adding Tag Match mode.
Adding a mode where you, together with a group of friends, can join and play ranked matches with other groups in "Tag Match" mode.
As for ranked battles, you must be level 10+ to participate.
After linking up with friends, you can then link up with your friends' friends.
In the case you join only with specific friends, please use the option to set a password.
Regarding opponents in Tag Match mode, you will only be matched with similarly-playing opponents in Tag Match mode.
Players playing ranked battles, you may not compete with players playing Tag Match mode.
You may play Tag Match mode with 4, 3, or 2 players.Groups of 3 may play against groups of 4. In this situation, the group of 3 will respawn faster, as the side with only three is at a disadvantage.
In the situation you are playing in a group of 2, you can be matched with three other groups of 2 to play a "2 group of 2 vs. 2 groups of 2″ battle.

Adding Private Match mode.
Adding a Private Match mode where you can play with your friends using whatever rules, stages, and team divisions you like.
After linking up with friends, you can then link up with your friends' friends.
In the times you want to participate only with specific friends, please use the option to set a password.

Changes regarding level:
You may now level up to level 50.
Once you have reached level 20 and have listened to the explanation in the lobby, the level cap will be raised.

Changes regarding rank:
You are now able to rank up to the S and S+ ranks.You may raise your rank to S and S+ in Ranked Match (you may not do so in Tag Matches).
Once reaching rank S or S+, victories or defeats in Tag Matches will not affect your rank.
The method for calculating rank points (+/- 10, 8, 12, etc.) has been modified.
If your rank changes while in the middle of playing ranked battles, you will be sent back to the lobby.

Adding gear.
New gear will be added, which can be bought from the shops at random.

Adding BGM.
New BGM (background music) will be added, which can be heard at random while in battle.

Splatfest changes.
In calculating the final results, the winning percentage points (weight) has been changed from 2x to 4x.

Stage adjustments.
Urchin Underpass: All modes (i.e. Turf War, Splat Zones, Tower Control), large-scale terrain changes.
Saltspray Rig: Tower Control mode, adjusting certain stage elements.
Arowana Mall: Splat Zones mode, adjusting certain stage elements.
Kelp Dome: Splat Zones and Tower Control modes, adjusting certain stage elements.
Moray Towers: Splat Zones and Tower Control modes, adjusting certain stage elements.

Special Weapon adjustments.
Inkzooka: Increased the points of turf inked needed to fill the special gauge from 180p to 220p.
Echolocator: Increased the points of turf inked needed to fill the special gauge from 180p to 200p.
Killer Wail (the Japanese name for this one is megaphone laser. oh my god.) : Decreased the points of turf inked needed to fill the special gauge from 180p to 160p.
In both cases these are the numbers without the "Special Charge Up" gear ability.

Sub Weapon adjustments.
Splash Wall: The problem of a bomb directly hitting Splash Wall and the damage range not being calculated correctly has been fixed.

Gear Ability adjustments.
Tenacity: Special Gauge will now start filling at the start of a match even before the player starts to ink ground if there is a disparity between the number of players on teams.
Special Charge Up: When wearing a lot of Special Charge Up gear, there is a more consistent increase when inking ground. There was a slight difference in the special gauge increase when inking ground little by little versus inking ground a lot at a time. It now increases an amount proportional to the area inked regardless to the method of inking.

Match-related sound effect adjustments.
The Inkstrike can now be better heard from the left, right, and behind.
Some of the long-ranged weapons' hit sounds will now be easier to hear from farther away.

Other
Other adjustments to the game have been made so players may have a more pleasant experience.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 06, 2015, 12:04:51 AM »
Due to what I assume is some leveling bug (I went from 20 to 24 in one Tower Control win), I got to Level 25 an hour after. I got the Armor Helmet from Hero Mode. I assume you get the other pieces as you progress every 5 levels.

The bucket (Sloosher) is a very cool and unique weapon type. It's arching shot, big coverage, and decent range looks good. It's a two-shot splat and the fire rate isn't that fast. It's like a focused version of the fling from a Dynamo roller.

The Splatling is so interesting for Splatoon because it's a rapid-firing weapon that has great range and accuracy. For those frustrated by Splatoon not having a weapon that performs similarly to reliable assault rifles of other shooter games may find some solace in the Splatling. Granted the Splatling operates on a charging mechanic similar to the Charger, but the charge time is much quicker. Also, a quarter or third charge will produce enough fast-firing ink to splat a bad guy under your sights.

One of my Tower Control losses featured a tower of Splatlings shooting out so much accurate ink. Scary.

EDIT: The new Urchin Underpass is fantastic. So much more open, new lanes, and new sight lines.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 01:15:07 AM by Enner »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 06, 2015, 01:58:14 AM »
The bucket is weird, I'm having a hard time being accurate with it.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 06, 2015, 03:31:50 AM »
The bucket is weird, I'm having a hard time being accurate with it.

If you have little experience with judicious use of the Roller's fling, I can see how it might be difficult. It's useful to spend some time in the testing range to become familiar with the bucket's arc and hit box. As with all the other weapons in the game, you shouldn't need to arc your shot if you have direct line of sight. Just put the targeting cursor over the bad guy and let the bucket sloosh.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 06, 2015, 04:09:45 AM »
https://splatoon.nintendo.net

Online stats, but currently only in Japanese. One section also appears to show the current stages plus the next two sets in the rotation.

My top 5 weapons used:

Offline sudoshuff

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 06, 2015, 08:36:46 AM »
I played about an hour of the update last night.  Overall, I'm super impressed. I love the two new weapon types --they seem to add more strategy for everyone and feel good to use.  The Urchin Underpass redesign is significantly more open feeling (a good thing).  I also appreciate the little touches, like new music during the stage battles.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 06, 2015, 04:22:50 PM »
Hey guys, just got my capture card and I'm testing it out. Here's a short video of me trying out the Splatling during a game of Tower Control. 21-4 but we lost.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 07, 2015, 12:28:09 AM »
Nice work with the Splatling. Shame your team couldn't capitalize on the openings you gave them.

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/126019434189/these-guys-are-the-chirpy-chips-with-their-sea

The new music is great, but what I wanted to talk about is the change in naming. In Japan, the band name is ABXY and the song is called "Friend List." You can sorta hear the lyric "Friend List! Friend List!" in the Inkling-language lyrics. However, the Splatoon tumblr changed it to "Shellfie" by the Chirpy Chips. It strikes me as unnecessary and potentially confusing.

Offline MrPhishfood

• View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 08, 2015, 09:57:48 PM »
Hey guys, just got my capture card and I'm testing it out. Here's a short video of me trying out the Splatling during a game of Tower Control. 21-4 but we lost.

Nice and smooth 60fps capture. The splatling is actually at its most powerful while its on the tower, it can easily hold off choke points this is because you can't move very fast while you're charging but the tower changes that.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #447 on: August 09, 2015, 01:09:36 AM »
Splatfest III: Ring of Fire Results

Popularity: 64-36 Marshmallows
Victories: 52-48 Hot Dogs
Final score (new weighting): 256-244 Marshmallows. Hot Dogs had to make up a 28 point deficit and couldn't get it done. (Also, as a Marshmallow I'd say 40-45% of my matches were civil wars.)
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline sudoshuff

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 09, 2015, 10:55:33 AM »
(Also, as a Marshmallow I'd say 40-45% of my matches were civil wars.)

I'd say I played other Marhmallow teams 75-80% of the time.  Hopefully, next splatfest they choose something a little more even in popularity.  Actually, I wonder if they could pull off a three team choice splatfest.  That could make things interesting. 

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 09, 2015, 01:02:47 PM »
Guys...Tenacity + Inkbrush is insane. I'm going to stick with it from now on because being able to drop 5-6 Inkstrikes per match on a consistent basis is a game changer. We managed to pull quite a few matches out of our asses. I can't wait to try it with the Last Ditch Effort perk.

Nice and smooth 60fps capture. The splatling is actually at its most powerful while its on the tower, it can easily hold off choke points this is because you can't move very fast while you're charging but the tower changes that.

I'm naturally a defensive player when it comes to Tower Control because I mostly use the eLiter 3K, but the Splatling is very much a hybrid weapon in that you can't really bring the same approach you do with a ranged weapon. I want to try and be a little bit more on the offensive end next time because it has plenty of potential.

Splatfest III: Ring of Fire Results

Popularity: 64-36 Marshmallows
Victories: 52-48 Hot Dogs
Final score (new weighting): 256-244 Marshmallows. Hot Dogs had to make up a 28 point deficit and couldn't get it done. (Also, as a Marshmallow I'd say 40-45% of my matches were civil wars.)

I played some of my best Turf War matches yesterday for Team Hot Dog. Ended up something like +15 on vibes after it was all over.