NWR Interactive > TalkBack

Wii U System Update Released; Yes, in 2021

(1/2) > >>

Grimace the Minace:
The Wii U is approaching maximum stability.http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/56457/wii-u-system-update-released-yes-in-2021After two and a half years, the Wii U has received a system update.We're only two days away from its successor's fourth anniversary, but Nintendo seems to still remember the Wii U enough to make small changes after all these years. A new firmware update was quietly released today, bringing the system up to version 5.5.5 (skipping 5.5.4 for unknown reasons). Unsurprisingly, the update's official patch notes merely say that "improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience."It's not clear why Nintendo chose to push out an update to the Wii U now, but the patch comes only four weeks before the day of reckoning where several of their limited-edition games will be delisted from the Switch eShop. Alongside the removal of these titles, the online features for the Wii U version of Super Mario Maker will be reduced on the same day, permanently disabling the ability for players to upload new levels to the game's online collection.

Spak-Spang:
Honestly this is cool Nintendo keeps updating...but I kinda hoping one day Nintendo will update the Switch to allow the Wii U controller to be a Switch Stream So you can leave it docked.  That would be cool.

BlackNMild2k1:

--- Quote from: Spak-Spang on March 02, 2021, 12:23:31 AM ---Honestly this is cool Nintendo keeps updating...but I kinda hoping one day Nintendo will update the Switch to allow the Wii U controller to be a Switch Stream So you can leave it docked.  That would be cool.

--- End quote ---

That's a neat idea. is the WiiU controller hardware compatible?

Woody:
I’m seeing a lot of Wii U on eBay with a hard drive and 60 top games. Most of which Nintendo are trying to sell on switch.

Spak-Spang:
Woody:  A fully Stocked Virtual Console Harddrive Wii U would be a total steal if the price was right. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version