Author Topic: Star Wars Fanhouse, Chewie, we're home!  (Read 160622 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Fanhouse, Chewie, we're home!
« Reply #500 on: December 18, 2015, 11:02:38 PM »
Though, I think you could probably Edit the prequel trilogy into 2 movies and have a much better experience...maybe even 1 really long movie. 

I'm pretty sure somebody already did that.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 18, 2015, 11:38:28 PM »
Saw seven last night.

Episode One was better.  Seven needed more Jar Jar.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 19, 2015, 12:28:49 AM »
Saw seven, wont post spoilers but its GREAT! Not ready to rank it till I see it again but its...wow!

For the record and context: 5,3,4,6,1....2

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 19, 2015, 08:50:41 AM »
That's a strange ordering (Phantom Menage not being last), but you've got the first half with what most would say. My ranking:

5 > 7 > 6 > 4 > 3 > 2 > 1
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 19, 2015, 10:53:04 AM »
4 >5>7>3>6>1>2
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 19, 2015, 12:05:20 PM »
Read the stuff on Reddit about Darth Jar Jar. Trust me, using that head cannon the prequels are truly amazing.

I'll try to see star wars Monday when I return.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Funhouse, A wretched hive of vum and scilliany.
« Reply #506 on: December 19, 2015, 03:16:58 PM »
Rey Skywalker (still Han's kid but took her mothers name since she hates her dad)

Fin (where's jake?) Calrissian

That's all for now!

Well just leaving this here for you know analysis

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 19, 2015, 03:22:17 PM »
Reading about Darth Jar Jar that makes a lot sense.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

« Reply #508 on: December 22, 2015, 09:29:23 AM »
I read that Darth Jar Jar and was seriously hoping Disney embraces the funny man because he is the most Disney out of all things Star Wars.
You can call me Mikey if my username is too long.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,
I own Wii U, PS4, PS3, and PC.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 16, 2016, 12:18:13 AM »
wouldn't Jar Jar as a Sith lord be Darth Rage Rage?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: February 15, 2016, 06:42:56 PM »
Benicio Del Torro and Laura Dern will be in Episode VIII

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 02, 2016, 04:12:55 AM »
This post points out that Anakin and Rey have a "gift" for languages: "There is even a deleted scene in the original trilogy DVD’s that shows Anakin speaking droid, something unheard of in the Star Wars universe."

Has anyone noticed that Anakin's and Rey's first line of dialogue is in another language:

WATTO: (subtitled) Coona tee-tocky malia? (What took you so long?)
ANAKIN: (subtitled) Mel tassa cho-passa... (I was cleaning the bin like you...)

REY: Tal'ama parqual!

[The Teedo and BB-8 STOP, GO SILENT, turn to her.]

REY: Parqual zatana!

A half beat and the Teedo YELLS SOMETHING BACK, threatening. BB-8's head swivels to him, then back to Rey, like watching a tennis match. Rey angrily moves to them, pulling a knife from her pouch. Rey starts CUTTING BB-8 out of the netting. The Teedo freaks out, YELLING. Rey suddenly stands, turns to the Teedo and says, fiercely:

REY: NOMA.

The Teedo barks a sort of "AHHHHH!" (As if to say, "GO TO  HELL!"), Then heads off on his beast. This prompts BB-8 to start BEEP-YELLING at the departing bully, provocatively.

Watto is always going AHHH every other line. Did JJ crib that bit as an homage parallel or as a hint about Rey's lineage?
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 14, 2017, 12:13:14 PM »
Some dumbass posted a lame poster and trailer for the Last Jedi, FYI.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 14, 2017, 11:40:37 PM »
This trailer didn't do much for me.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #514 on: April 15, 2017, 12:33:06 AM »
I liked the trailer. :(
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 15, 2017, 01:52:48 AM »
I kinda rolled my eyes when I first heard the "punch line" from Luke. Though I do kinda hope that means he found Ahsoka and they formed a but of a new post-Jedi order of non-aligned force users.
My Game Collection

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 18, 2017, 07:00:49 AM »
To me it sounds as if it's two completely seperate lines stuck together.  I think it's a complete red herring.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 18, 2019, 08:03:39 PM »
The real Star Wars thing that's worth getting excited for is the TCW finale, the seige of Mandalore being brought to the big screen. I have a rough idea of the plotline for this one and holy ****, based on this scene they released for it it's going to be absolutely incredible.

Disney seems to be referring to the new season as season 6 which would mean they're technically part of the same season as the Lost Missions. A big part of the lost missions stuff was some of the Order 66 stuff starting to come to light through various circumstances so it honestly makes a lot more sense to end the series at that point in time than to have the Jedi council just twiddling their thumbs even though they know there's something up with the clones for another two seasons which was the original plan before Disney bought star wars. It's also incredibly fitting that the seige of Mandalore will now be a part of season 6 instead of season 8 because the Seige of Mandalore ends with Order 66 being enacted against Ahsoka because as we know from the Ahsoka novel, Seige of Mandalore takes place during Revenge of the Sith.

Either way I am massively hyped for the return of TCW.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 18, 2019, 10:30:43 PM »
I don't care what the seasons are called, as the "show order" is not even in chronological order. I just want all of the remaining episodes that were planned to release now. It may not quite be all of them since this is being called seaspn 6. Also, it makes me wonder what will be happening to the "lost" S6 episodes that Netflix partially funded after the show was cancelled. Hopefully that just means all of the episodes drop on D+.
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 18, 2019, 11:39:18 PM »
The new batch of 12 episodes and the 13 lost missions ones form 25 episodes total which isn't too far from the other seasons which had 22 episodes each so I suspect they'll just all be considered part of season 6.

The thing with these 12 episodes is that they focus mainly on Rex, Ahsoka, and to a lesser extent Anakin who are basically the three main characters for TCW (or the closest thing TCW has to main characters anyways.) This feels like more wrapping up the main storyline than anything but I could see a few extra batches of "Lost Missions" type storylines coming along to wrap up some of the other loose ends TCW left behind but a lot of those stories were released as Comics or Novels so it's hard to say for sure if they'll be willing to redo them as animation, especially considering how expensive TCW was getting to produce. Than again Bad Batch was released already as a story reel and that's a part of the new set of episodes (although that also means they only have to finish it's animation.)

The issue that TCW has is it's budget. As I mentioned in the other thread George Lucas was basically personally bankrolling TCW and he was willing to put more than a million dollars per episode for the animation alone towards the end. Lucas apparently saw TCW as a bit of a pet project more than anything and was more than happy to lose a ton of money on it but Disney doesn't exactly share that willingness. They might be willing to hemorrhage some money to get some people on the Disney+ bandwagon and win some much needed goodwill with the more hardcore Star Wars fanbase but Disney is pretty much only here for the money.

We might see a few storylines released basically standalone (probably even using the lost missions banner) but I suspect this will be the last time Disney will be willing to do a full series of any kind.

I believe the Lost Missions were just finished episodes that Netflix got the streaming rights for. They might have financed a bit of touch up work but that's about it.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 05, 2020, 07:56:18 PM »
Just finished watching the Clone Wars for the first time last night (thank you Disney+).  Holy Damn.  I had no idea it was so good.  So much attention to detail, so many interesting stories, and they actually got Liam Neeson back to voice Qui-Gon.  I do love me some Mr Neeson so I was ecstatic when he turned up completely unexpectedly.

I genuinely felt my heart breaking when Ahsoka was being framed for the bombing, poor girl just trying to prove her innocence when more and more "evidence" keeps piling up against her.  Then when she walked away from the Jedi order.  *sniff*  It was far more emotional than I expected it to be. 

Conveniently enough season seven is just over one month away, available on D+ from the 17/02/19.  I am most excited. 

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 06, 2020, 01:54:26 PM »
Yeah, that is one of the most powerful arcs in the series. I'm re-watching the series in chronological order myself in anticipation for the new season. Then I'll move on to Rebels so I can close out that part of Ahsoka's story. I highly encourage people who enjoyed TCW to Rebels. Even just the highlights involving Ahsoka. It has a lot of good moments.
My Game Collection

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 06, 2020, 03:17:23 PM »
Finishing off the Clone Wars series was the #1 reason my kids wanted D+, as it had been pulled from Netflix before they could see the (so far) final season. They loved it, and I agree that it was a solid series.

Since then they've moved on to watch Rebels, and I watched a bunch with them. Gotta say, though... it just hasn't captured our interest in the same way. Still good and worth watching, even if a little bit less compelling for whatever reason.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 07, 2020, 12:17:30 AM »
Yeah, I blame Disney wanting to "DisneyXD" the show for the drop all around quality in Rebels, but it still has merit. It gives us more Hondo too which I will always appreciate (despite him not quite being his former self).
My Game Collection

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 08, 2020, 03:13:30 AM »
Started watching Rebels.

Not about ten episodes in and enjoying it quite a bit thus far. Ezra is quite annoying but he looks like he's starting to sort himself out.  Hopefully that continues.

I very much like the whole crew.  But MVP for me without a doubt is Chopper.  He is probably my favourite droid, equal to BD-1 from Fallen Order. Such sass and attitude is most enjoyable to watch.