Author Topic: IMPRESSIONS: WarioWare: Smooth Moves  (Read 1894 times)

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
IMPRESSIONS: WarioWare: Smooth Moves
« on: December 06, 2006, 11:17:34 AM »
Smack your friends right in the face!

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, or as we call it out here, Odoru! Made in   Wario, follows the exact same formula as the other Wario Ware games,   except, of course, for the motion sensor controller and the bizarre stuff   that entails. You will totally smack your friend in the face by   complete accident during the Balloon Fight mini-game.    

Start the game, pick a character (all of the cool ones are back, as well as   some new ones), and hit up the rapid-fire mini-games. Initially, the player   uses only basic remote-pointing methods of holding the controller, but as   the game progresses through each character's mini-game set, the game shows   you more and more ways to hold the controller and integrates them into the  mini-games. Before each mini-game, the game tells you in which position to   hold the controller (like gripping both ends like a steering wheel, holding   it at your waist like a sheathed sword, or even setting it down in front of   you). Some of these are pretty fun to watch people try to do.    

After cruising through the primary mini-game sets, some more interesting sets   open up. The alien dude has his own unique set using the nunchaku setup.   These mini-games generally rely on manipulating two objects, like opening box   flaps, or doing a swimming motion. These don't come up in the all-game   megamix, so you don't have to keep plugging in and removing the controller   extension.    

There's another set that's limited to only the more physical games and   counts calories burned. They go on for a longer amount of time so you can   really feel the burn. Yeah.    

Is it worth like fifty bucks? I'm not sure yet, since I've only played the   single player so far. But it's definitely fun and gets new players familiar   with the controller. I'll definitely get my buddies together for some   serious multiplayer before the full review, so stay tuned, Internet!