Author Topic: Metroid Prime: Federation Force, featuring Blast Ball  (Read 10751 times)

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force, featuring Blast Ball
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2015, 08:14:31 PM »
Where is the rage over Mario Kart or Mario Party or Mario Tennis?
Mario games get enough 2D and 3D platforming games.

I just feel sad for this game and for Next Level Games because it is attached to a series that fans feel has been abandoned.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2015, 08:40:12 PM »
I don't know why people are signing a petition to have this game cancelled for. So far all we've had is a 1 min trailer and to be brutally honest looks pretty bad-ass so WHY?
Made you look ****.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2015, 12:52:17 AM »
I don't know why people are signing a petition to have this game cancelled for. So far all we've had is a 1 min trailer and to be brutally honest looks pretty bad-ass so WHY?

From my observations on the Internet, a large portion of video game enthusiasts have mental and emotional health issues.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2015, 11:32:14 AM »
The Treehouse gameplay does look much better than the mind-bogglingly bad trailer from the Digital Event, but it still doesn't look that great. The main game looks like something that should be part of a multiplayer mode from the full game. I don't see any reason for the Skylanders-inspired look of the game. It could easily look as good as the original Metroid Prime. The blocky, stubby nature of the characters and enemies in the game makes it look like it doesn't play as well as it could.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2015, 01:00:43 PM »
I see no reason to cancel the game.  I would just suggest that Nintendo create a new IP for it rather than pass it off as a Metroid game.

Battalion Wars was originally announced with the Advance Wars name.  Since it wasn't a "real" Advance Wars game there was a bit of flack about that so Nintendo rebranded it as something more distinct.  That same approach could be good damage control here.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2015, 06:18:17 AM »
Just call it "Metroid's Galactic Federation Force".
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2015, 07:59:00 PM »
Good day all, I was looking at some HQ trailers on the EU eshop and saw that federation forces has a pegi 16 provisional rating, assuming it sticks this would be the second Metroid game to get a 16 rating after Other M (Prime trilogy got a 12). Make of that as you will but this game clearly isn't an attempt to make the series appeal to children, I think it's more of a way to appeal to a japanese audience with wacky minigames, chibi characters and local multiplayer.

On a side note Project Zero Maiden of Black Water will recieve a pegi 18, the only other nintendo published games I can think of like this are the 1st Bayonetta and Geist, also Fire Emblem Fates will still get a pegi 12 even though it got bumped up to 15 in japan and Genei Ibun Roku #FE will get a 16, for comparison Shin Megami Tensei 4 got a 12.

Offline sudoshuff

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2015, 11:59:22 PM »
As many have noted, the game may actually be quite good.  It seems that the style and marketing were just way off.  That name, Federation Force, it is just terrible.  Not only does it look like Skylanders, it SOUNDS like a Skylanders game.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2015, 12:00:30 AM »
angry uncle bob in 3...2...1...
Made you look ****.

Offline MrPhishfood

• Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2015, 07:29:39 AM »
Nintendo said Federation Force was about expanding the Metroid universe but this looks way too goofy to look like it could be canon.

Offline MDG94

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2015, 09:57:48 AM »
I don't really know why everyone is going crazy over this game. It looks fun and if they are using the Metroid name on it then it probably means that they still believe in the franchise.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2015, 07:15:10 PM »
I don't really know why everyone is going crazy over this game. It looks fun and if they are using the Metroid name on it then it probably means that they still believe in the franchise.
my point exactly! thank you
Made you look ****.