Author Topic: New Star Fox 64 3D Game Play Videos Released  (Read 3879 times)

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
New Star Fox 64 3D Game Play Videos Released
« on: July 05, 2011, 01:33:43 AM »

Nintendo's new videos show off various locations, bosses, and controls.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/video/27093

A number of new game play videos, commercials, and trailers for Star Fox 64 3D are available for viewing. Nintendo has been updating its Japanese Star Fox 64 3D website ahead of the game's July 14 launch in Japan.

The videos include footage from a number of different stages, and show off the 3DS game's graphical and musical upgrades. You can check them out below.

Star Fox 64 3D arrives in North America on September 11 and in Europe on September 9.

Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Scatt-Man

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
Re: New Star Fox 64 3D Game Play Videos Released
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 02:01:46 AM »
Keep shooting. We've got lots of torpedos.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 04:50:07 AM »
I've never played thoroughly or owned Star Fox 64. After hearing that there are problems or snags with the N64 and Wii VC versions, this port looks like the best way to experience it. Once I pick up a 3DS, I'll be sure to snag this along with Ace Combat 3DS. That way I will be a portable WING LEADER!

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 05:26:09 AM »
For old time's sake, they should call this Lylat Wars 3D in Europe. Nah, I'm kidding. It's great that this, like Ocarina of Time 3D, is receiving the necessary amount of care to make this worth dipping into again. With the online multiplayer present, the value proposition of Star Fox 64 on my 3DS doesn't look so crazy any more.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline Scatt-Man

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 06:44:15 AM »
Ah, memories of a faulty battery in mah Lylats.

Are you sure there's online, bud? I haven't gone through every trailer, but a couple of months ago I remember reading that there wouldn't be online at all. "But hey, you can look at your friends' faces ON THE SCREEN so long as they're in the same room as you."

The music sounds like it's been redone with better quality samples, but the overall output quality sounds absolute shite. Here's hoping it's only for the trailers.

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 07:56:07 AM »
That's a good question. I simply assumed that the presence of video chat indicated online, as I couldn't fathom its purpose when playing local multiplayer.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 09:57:00 AM »
Yeah,
They have already stated their is no online Multiplayer unless they've changed their minds.  Which is one of the reason I won't be picking this game up.  Well one of a couple:

1.  None of the Graphical improvements have been enough to make me really want the game at the $40 Price point
2.  No Online Multiplayer.  I enjoyed the multiplayer a lot and being able to face off to random people like on SSF:IV I would really like.
3.  Lack of new content. (At one point it was indicated that this might happen.)
4. Price tag.  I wouldn't bat an eyelash to pay $20-25 for this package.  Now $30-40 I'll probably eventually buy it used since Nintendo doesn't price drop.

If you have never played the game then this version looks to be the best and I definitely take the plunge at $40.  I've just played it a lot over the years and I remember most of it.  Also why do all the videos seem to want to insist on showing the first area and the space area... I was tired of seeing those in the N64 days.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline mr_lakitu

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • mfgamers
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 11:22:28 AM »
Your 1st and 4th points are the same :S

I'll be getting it because I haven't played through it for many years and yeh, it's worth top dollar. There's a lot of content and replay value. I got it on VC but the controls don't fit the classic controller. I found most N64 games don't. Probably just my spaz hands. I don't get on with the PS3 controller either.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 11:24:51 AM by mr_lakitu »
Bread makes you fat? 0,0

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 11:47:29 AM »
Your 1st and 4th points are the same :S
That's on Purpose.  The first one is just more specific.  I mean the main thing is the price on this one.  I have to much money already into this game, between the original N64(Release price) and the VC.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 01:30:28 AM »
Just to play devil's advocate for a moment, isn't this game the very definition of a "3D Classic", one that should be sold for $15-20 on the eShop?
Yes some work was put into this remake, but it's an N64 game and available on the Wii VC for $10.

Online play and extra levels make this a $40 game, that's what a real modern 'remake' is, remaking it with modern features. (3D is a given, motion controls and video chat are unnecessary)
Just sprucing up the game makes it feel like a downloadable title for me.

If you disagree with me, would you rebuy any other N64 games for $40 if it got the same barebones treatment? Mario 64?
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 01:52:16 AM »
wait theres video chat, and no online? wtf is the point?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 01:54:22 AM »
Considering that Super Mario 64 DS sold millions (despite the so-so controls) tells me many people would. Hell, I would consider it too.

Killer Man, don't forget that Nintendo put local video chat in Pokemon Black and Pokemon White despite that being pretty much pointless.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 06:48:38 AM »
Considering that Super Mario 64 DS sold millions (despite the so-so controls) tells me many people would. Hell, I would consider it too.

Killer Man, don't forget that Nintendo put local video chat in Pokemon Black and Pokemon White despite that being pretty much pointless.
To be honest Super Mario 64 DS was more of a Remake then OoT and Cheaper to boot.  The addition of the new characters and ability made Mario 64 playable for me.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 06:57:49 AM »
Wow...I had assumed that it was online.  Even Starfox Command had online multiplayer.  If this truly only supports local multiplayer, it makes one wonder why they couldn't bother to implement a barebones system like that. 
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 08:03:25 PM »
I didn't think it was possible, but Slippy's Japanese voice is even more annoying.  I played the expletive of your choice out of the N64 version, so I can't be convinced to buy a minor face lift.  Now a true sequel in this style, that would be something to get excited about.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 11:00:30 PM »
I would pay whatever I'd have to pay for a portable Star Fox 64. I would also pay $40 for just Super Mario 64 DS but with analog control. And since I've never played Majora, I'd rather play it on 3DS than Wii. And if we'd expand this to GameCube games, I'd certainly pay $40 for Rogue Squadron 2 and the original Super Monkey Ball, and both Pikmins (again).
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 09:33:17 AM »
I would pay whatever I'd have to pay for a portable Star Fox 64. I would also pay $40 for just Super Mario 64 DS but with analog control. And since I've never played Majora, I'd rather play it on 3DS than Wii. And if we'd expand this to GameCube games, I'd certainly pay $40 for Rogue Squadron 2 and the original Super Monkey Ball, and both Pikmins (again).
I pay $20 for Super Mario 64 DS with the use of the analog stick.  I don't think its worth $40 but I did like it a lot more than Mario 64.  Shame my copy got lost somewhere.

I pay $40 for a port of Super Monkey Ball 1.  That's what they really should have done instead of making a new Monkey Ball game.  Though I think everyone knows my thoughts on that by now.  I pay $40 for either ExciteTruck or ExciteBot to be portable with a traditional control scheme as well so that I could have a 3D option.

I also pay $40 for Super Princess Peach 2.  Though I like them to flesh out the story portion a little more.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 09:37:48 AM by Ceric »