Author Topic: Castlevania SOTN remake by Silicon Knights  (Read 13827 times)

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
Castlevania SOTN remake by Silicon Knights
« on: October 31, 2003, 10:58:12 AM »
Dyack said that after MGS just watch out because Silicon Knights has some incredible work on the way. He said that he’s learned so much from the creator of Metal Gear and Miyamoto that their next project is going to be a killer. He wouldn’t comment if it would be on the next generation of consoles or this generation.

I found this at xengamers.com

I think that they should make a Castlevania game since Konami has neglected the Cube once again with a major franchise.  I think SK could do an original or remake Castlevania.  Of course the next project could be ED2, Too Human, MGS2 and/or 3, or Kid Icarus.
Life is like a hurricane-- here in Duckburg

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Castlevania SOTN remake by Silicon Knights
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2003, 11:30:28 AM »
No sir, I don't like it.  
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2003, 11:46:08 AM »
No more using SK for remakes!  These guys have great ideas and using them for existing franchises is a real waste of potential.  I don't mind them working on Metal Gear but to have them do this on a regular basis would be a great misuse of their talent.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:Castlevania SOTN remake by Silicon Knights
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2003, 11:59:00 AM »
While that would be cool, I don't want Silicon Knights wasting their talents on remakes this whole time- besides, they've got Too Human to work on!
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2003, 12:14:50 PM »
Too Monkey.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2003, 12:19:19 PM »
If Dyack and the rest of the SK team doesn't want to make the game, then yes, it would be a waste of their talent.  But when Dyack outright says that he was incredibly excited to be working on the MGS remake, then I disagree with your view.  Talent is hardly wasted when the team wants to do the remake...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Rob91883

• (Bro Dude)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2003, 12:33:57 PM »
  Im still mad because Silicon Knights is making a Metal Gear Solid remake.  I think Too Human would have been best, seeing it would have been a "new" product.  But Twin Snakes is still a good piece of software, its just that it could have been better based on Silicon Knights reputation in making good games.  But then again, Dyack wanted to make the remake, and he's the genius.
MINKA would say," Whooo iz numba wan!!!??"

Im from California, sorry if I say dude a lot.

Offline the_zombie_luke

• Baron of Game On
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2003, 01:29:03 PM »
Have you played Symphony of the Night? The GameCube controller would be horrible for it. But I agree, with the other posters here. SK should develop original content and so should Retro.

Offline Armed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2003, 02:30:09 PM »
Yes i also rather play too human than those remakes!!!
If you like to read comics click below
**My cousin made it, pretty cool**
"Bilaran Wars"-Click Me

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2003, 03:44:33 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill
If Dyack and the rest of the SK team doesn't want to make the game, then yes, it would be a waste of their talent.  But when Dyack outright says that he was incredibly excited to be working on the MGS remake, then I disagree with your view.  Talent is hardly wasted when the team wants to do the remake...

What he said.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline animex

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2003, 03:47:55 PM »
too remake
http://SONY.PS(hit)2.PS(hit)P.MICROSOCKS.G(ay)BOX.HA(b)LO.HA(b)LO2.BILL.G(ay)TES

Offline Gup

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2003, 04:52:01 PM »
I'd play a remake of Symphony of the Night over Too Human any day of the week.  
"You can't act like your opinion on something is the way it IS."-m_c

Offline Rob91883

• (Bro Dude)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2003, 05:38:39 PM »
Who knows, Too Human could be a more enjoyabole game.    
MINKA would say," Whooo iz numba wan!!!??"

Im from California, sorry if I say dude a lot.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2003, 06:45:40 PM »
agreed rob....too human looks to be a killer.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2003, 06:46:14 PM »
Gup tends to favor games he has played over ones he hasn't.  It's just something that you have to understand about him.  Personally, I think he would be more happier playing the same game repeatedly for the rest of eternity.

Offline Odin

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2003, 08:10:42 PM »
In this case... I would much rather play a game that I know to be incredible, then one that just has potential.
This has been a post by ODIN.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2003, 08:50:17 PM »
why not have konami get off their asses and develope for the cube themselves rather than have one of nintendo's greatest potentials go to waste on another remake.

Offline the_zombie_luke

• Baron of Game On
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2003, 11:17:09 PM »

Originally posted by: PIAC
why not have konami get off their asses and develope for the cube themselves rather than have one of nintendo's greatest potentials go to waste on another remake.

Agreed. They could port Contra and Lament of Innonence at the very least.

Offline Gup

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2003, 06:12:50 AM »

Originally posted by: Grey Ninja
Gup tends to favor games he has played over ones he hasn't.  It's just something that you have to understand about him.  Personally, I think he would be more happier playing the same game repeatedly for the rest of eternity.

Umm. . . yeah.  So now you're psychic.  Just for the record, I've never touched a Castlevania game.

Edit: Whoops, I've rented Castlevania 64 before and I LIKED IT!
"You can't act like your opinion on something is the way it IS."-m_c

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2003, 06:45:51 AM »
I thought you were the psychic one who knew that a remake of an existing game was far superior to game that nobody knows anything about.  I was just commenting on that.  No psychic abilities involved.

Offline Oldskool

• Maker of Fine Straitjackets since 1997
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2003, 08:33:38 AM »
WTF? No Too Human anytime soon!? Wait till I get my +3 rod of ouchies...  
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. Smells like victory!"

Proudly using my Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo D laptop.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2003, 08:54:57 AM »

If Dyack and the rest of the SK team doesn't want to make the game, then yes, it would be a waste of their talent. But when Dyack outright says that he was incredibly excited to be working on the MGS remake, then I disagree with your view. Talent is hardly wasted when the team wants to do the remake...

But I'd rather see something original out of Silicon Knights- maybe wasting talent was the wrong way to put it, but if all Silicon Knights ever did was remake old Konami games, even if they put all their heart into it, they'd never be doing something of their own, which is what I want them to do. It's great their remaking Metal Gear Solid, and there's no doubt in my mind that they're going to make that game the best it can be, but I think Silicon Knights really shines when they're creating their own world and their own game, rather than basing it off of an older one, and I think Blood Omen and Eternal Darkness are excellent examples of this.  

Gup: So you'd prefer one game you've never played before over another game you've never played before. Fair enough. At least there's no bias involved.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2003, 09:42:29 AM »
Mouse, Metal Gear Solid was a game that held true to much of what Silicon Knights stands for, and I have always felt that it served as a "template" of what their games should play and feel like.  By remaking Metal Gear Solid, they are working hand in hand with 2 of the oldest game developers, and they can't help but learn some of the greatest tricks of the trade.  They aren't just making a fantastic game this time around, but they are learning scads of information on how to make their own games better.  Blood Omen and Eternal Darkness are both excellent games, but they still felt very rough around the edges, and I think that collaborating with Konami and Nintendo so closely on this game will really help smooth out their own games.

That, and I think that the remake of Metal Gear Solid will go down in history as one of the finest games ever made.  Silicon Knights really needs that boost to their name.  Sure, we all know and love them, but the casual gamer doesn't.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2003, 09:58:39 AM »
Oh, I'm completely all for the MGS remake- I've seen Denis Dyack state numerous times that it was a very influential game for them and one of his favorites. I have absolutely no problems about that, especially for the reasons you stated, that it's not simply a remake. But I'd like it to be the only remake Silicon Knights does for some time because I'd like to see more of their own creativity in their games. If they do remake Castlevania, I'm sure it would be a great game, but it would still be a Konami game with a Silicon Knights touch rather than a Silicon Knights game.

And there's other ways to build up a name than just doing remakes for another company- Eternal Darkness would have made them a name had Nintendo advertised it more (ie at all).  

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2003, 10:06:09 AM »
*sigh*  Yes yes, it's all Nintendo's fault Eternal Darkness didn't sell well.