Author Topic: What game gave you most satisfaction by beating it  (Read 4197 times)

Offline joeamis

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
What game gave you most satisfaction by beating it
« on: October 16, 2003, 07:59:00 PM »
What game in your lifetime gave you the most satisfaction by beating the game?
I don't mean the satisfaction of it being fun, I mean that it was hard and you mastered it and beat it and were very happy in doing so.

let's do it by systems: feel free to add more systems
arcade: double dragon
nes: metal gear 1
snes: super metroid/contra 3 (hard diff/1 player)
ps: ridge racer (white angel)
n64: goldeneye (all gold on hardest difficulty)
ps2: eh none (have yet to beat most games i own due to lack of time)
gc: none (have yet to beat most games i own due to lack of time)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE:What game gave you most satisfaction by beating it
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2003, 08:02:53 PM »
Can't really remember a lot of endings...But beating LttP for the first time made me very happy
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2003, 08:04:58 PM »
arcade: Eh, Soul CAlbiru 2, I guess- I don't play a lot of arcade games
nes: Bubble Bobble- well, technically I never beat it, but I got SO close to defeating that boss!
snes: A Link to the Past- something about seeing that Triforce wiggle around on the screen was really satisfying.
n64: Ocarina of Time, my favorite game of all time. I was just as satisfied the next 5 times as well.
ps2: Ico, easily- it's ending scene is my favorite cut scene in a game ever. I actually had tears streaming down my face the first time I beat that game.
gc: So far, Eternal Darkness (special ending). The game has such an incredible story, and to see it all tie together at the end like that- magnificent.  
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
RE: What game gave you most satisfaction by beating it
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2003, 09:59:24 PM »
Hmmm...

NES: Legend of Zelda or Super Mario Bros. 3

SNES: Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

N64: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, or 1080 Snowboarding(having unlocked every special character, and recieved first place on the hardest level)

GC: I've almost finished Wind Waker, but right now I'd say Wave Race: Blue Storm (1st place in expert). Of course, Viewtiful Joe is going to be a serious contender.

GBA: Metroid Fusion

Genesis: Shining Force II

PS: Final Fantasy Tactics (Currently playing Valkyrie Profile, so you never know... I also enjoyed DQVII, but one hundred hours into it, my brother lost the memory card.)

PS2: I haven't really played anything I wanted to finish. I'll be playing Sly Cooper soon, so it may go here. We'll see.

PC: Kings Quest VI

XBox: Halo (even though the Flood sucked)

"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2003, 03:55:59 AM »
NES: Final Fantasy.  I spent a lot of time playing that game and being aggrevated by the unforgiving difficulty.  I only beat it once on the NES, after that I never bother going all the way again.  I recently playe dit again with the PS Final Fantasy Orgins and was able to relive the game again.

Super NES: Final Fantasy 2.  For me one of the best Final Fantasy games ever, along with Final Fantasy 3.  The ending was long and the final battle was awesome.

PS: Final Fantasy VIII:  I had troubel with Ultimeca so one day I just decided to level up all my characters to level 100 and go and kick her ass.  Also I got Squall's Ultimate Weapon and cast Aura on him so he could do is special attack on her, over and over.

N64: Shadow Man.  I really liked this game.

GB: Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening

GB Color: The Legend of Zelda Oracle series.  I linked both together to get the whole game.

PS2: Metal Gear Solid 2:  The Sons of Liberty.  Just so I could get the POS of out the way.  Can't wait for The Twin Snakes.

GBA:  The Golden Sun series.

Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2003, 04:09:16 AM »
Ocarina of Time.... beating the final boss was extremely difficult, and it gave me a great deal of satisfaction to finally smash him!
Favorite classic games
Space Invaders, Missile Command, Berzerk, Defender, Mario 1.5, Final Fantasy 6

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2003, 06:16:10 AM »
In recent memory, beating Time Crisis on one credit, and then later without taking a single hit.

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2003, 06:41:07 AM »
Venture on the colecovision, the music would drive you mad, especially the egyptian sounding parts
Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2003, 03:53:46 PM »
The only thing that comes to mind is the original Rogue Squadron.  All golds in every level.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2003, 04:05:39 PM »
nes: mike tyson punch out!!  (tyson is so damn hard)
snes: final fantasy 6- such a great game- and it had an amazing 20 minute ending!
         chrono trigger- i took the time to replay that game so much i got all of the different endings (12 in all)
         terranigma- it was one of my favorite action rpgs of all time- and it was very fun to play through the whole thing
         legend of zelda: link to the past: best zelda game period (ocarana so very close)
n64:  legend of zelda: ocarana of time- my favorite game on the n64 and one of the best ever- so much fun
ps1:  castlevania symphony of the night- a great game- i got all 200 % of the map completed
        valkyrie profile- arguably tri-ace's best rpg- it was tons of fun and pretty tough to get the best ending
ps2:  suikoden 3- the game was amazing- arguably the best ps2 rpg thus far- found all 108 stars of destiny
        ico- the game was great- all the puzzles were good- and the ending rocks- nuff' said
gc:    metroid prime- i love metroid prime
        eternal darkness- great game, great story, worth spending the time to get the best ending

thats all i can think of right now- there are probably a lot more- but those are a few
i call the big one bitey.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2003, 05:50:59 PM »
erm...Ocarina of Tyme...I guess...

I haven't beat many games, like....at all.

But I think if I completely master F-Zero GX, it'll take the cake.  That game is insane.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Gup

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2003, 05:55:47 PM »
NES - River City Ransom, still my favourite beat-em-up type game
SNES - Ninja Turtles 4
N64 - Conker's Bad Fur Day
GCN - (will be) Viewtiful Joe, I enjoy having to continue 4 to 5 times an episode/level
PSOne - Final Fantasy VIII, my favourite ending
PS2 - Way of the Samurai
Xbox - Shenmue II
"You can't act like your opinion on something is the way it IS."-m_c

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2003, 06:43:42 PM »

Coleco Vision-Zaxxon, 6 times through.  The game would just repeat when you beat the last level, but the difficulty would be turned up

Arcade-Crime fighters.  I must've spent $25 beating that game.  Kind of a double dragon rip off.

NES-Mike tysons punch out and Zelda.  I only beat tyson once.  And zelda because i beat the first and second adventure.

Snes-FF-2  still the best Final fantasy in my book

N64-Super mario 64 all 120 stars.  Dont think i ever had as much pure fun again with my N64

GC-I've barely beat any of my games.  I'd have to say Timesplitters 2 because i unlocked virtually everything by getting all golds and beating the game on all difficulty levels
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline GoldShadow1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2003, 11:05:45 PM »
oh!  I couldn't think of anything until The Omen's post.  Yes, getting 120 stars in SM64 is very satisfying.  I can't think of any others - most games that I've beaten are fairly easy.  I like hard games, but I rarely beat them - still, it's very satisfying beating some of the levels of Perfect Dark on perfect agent.  Ah, what a great game that was...

Offline Ocarina Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2003, 11:34:20 PM »
Diddy Kong Racing. I played this game so much, but I only really felt I 'beat' it when I got a < 51 second time in Ancient Lake.
Om mani padme hum.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2003, 01:36:37 AM »
SNES - Yoshi's Island and Super Starwars (tie), Yoshi's Island because its my favorite game of all time, its fking awsome and Super Star Wars because i beat it quicker than my friend who allways kicked my ass at games

n64 - Ocarina of Time, nothing else even comes close, the subsiquent 10-20 odd times i finnished it after that were all just as good

GCN - Skies of Arcadia (so far) my first real RPG that ive owned (not i finnished the Chrono Trigger ROM before i finnished this, but it doesn't count because roms are bad)  this had an awsome story, with characters i enjoyed playing along with (figurativly speaking) im definatly looking forward to playing this through again in a year or two.

GBA - Pokemon Ruby, only cause Mario (the forum user) egged me on constantly to finnish it, and when i did it was well worth it, the end music is awsome

Amiga 500 - Secret of Monkey Island, my first game finnished ever, done all by my self, and its one of the best games around (i cant believe your felicity)

486 - X-Wing, never fully finnished it, but i was pretty damn good at it untill i lost the list of codes needed to get past the copy protection, and then the discs, and then the computer later on

p1 233 - Monkey Island 2 LeChuck's Revenge, awsome sequel to an awsome game, this game really made me fall in love with Monkey Island, AND i finnished it before dad, i had some serious gloating todo

out of all of those though i think Yoshi's Island takes the cake, its my favorite game of all time

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2003, 07:39:35 AM »
I can't rememer which one was the most satisfying, but I'm damn sure Yoshi's Island was the least satisfying. See, usually by the time I beat the last boss my heart is racing and I feel the adrenaline slowly decline while watching the credits. YI was te first game which didn't give me this feeling.
The first game that gave me this feeling was either R-Type (first GB game outside of Tetris), Super Mario Land (GB), Mega Man (GB) or Super Mario World (SNES). I'm not sure in which order I played them through.

Hm, now I remember: Out of all Mega Man was the most satisfying, even though I had to resort to an Action Replay to get past the first Wily stage.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2003, 09:32:55 AM »

Hm, now I remember: Out of all Mega Man was the most satisfying, even though I had to resort to an Action Replay to get past the first Wily stage.

Automatic disqualification!

"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Stewpot

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2003, 04:47:25 PM »
Hmm... this could be tough.

Atari- MoonPatrol
NES- The Legend of Zelda/Metroid/MegaMan/Dragon Warrior
SNES-Final Fantasy III
N64-Mario 64/Goldeneye
GCN-hmm...have lots o' games, but haven't beaten many of them!  (Luigi's Mansion was more a demo than a full game--though fun; I was always a fan of Ghostbusters!)  Dang job gets in the way of playing games.
PC-Starcraft and Broodwar
GB-Tetris Game B level 9-5
GBA-Metroid Fusion--well it is the only one I've beaten.

I think that sums it up.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Albert Einstein

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2003, 07:10:18 AM »
"Coleco Vision-Zaxxon, 6 times through. The game would just repeat when you beat the last level, but the difficulty would be turned up"

Zaxxon, god that game was fun, everytime I see the space shuttle I think of that game.

Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2003, 04:29:23 PM »
#1 most satisfying beating-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nes: super mario 3....after having played constant hours and hoping the nes did not quit as i played and with thumbs bleeding i finally defeated king bowser.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jaguar 64: Alien vs Predator: i beat it as both alien an predator but not the marine...the marine was lame.....anyways that game was so fun.

pc: Mario is Missing....sure the game sucks...but it was the first game I EVER BEAT

n64: Zelda Ocarina of time...after a long quest it was bittersweet that it was finally over.

snes: Actaiser....omg was that fun

genises....erm...i beat sonic 1 i think....

playstation: Resident Evil 2(ok it was the n64 version...but their exactly alike..cept the 64 version has better gfx)
if i had beat mgs(damn 2nd disk didn't work) that be #1

Saturn:Vrtua Fighter 2

dreamcast: Tied Shenmue 1 and 2(freaking awesome!!!)

atari 2600 : Donkey Kong

Colecovision: Donkey Kong(if i ever see donkey kong in any form i will beat it and that i did)  
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post