Author Topic: Amazing Deals!  (Read 1042587 times)

Offline NintendoFanGirl

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Amazing Deals!
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2003, 10:28:12 AM »

Originally posted by: dafunkk12
"Summer Sizzler Sale!" EBGames flyer, lavender and B&W.  Dunno if it applies to the other EB-chain stores.

Among other deals...  
$10 mail-in gift voucher w/ preorder of BIlly Hatcher, must be postmarked by 8/15.  

$10 off instantly preorder of RE: Code Veronica X or PN03.  Valid until 8/3.  Super hot deal!  This means I need to take a 5+hour roundtrip down to Orlando (my future college locale) just to put down preorder cash.

Is this in-store only?  I just purchased Billy Hatcher from ebgames.com and it said nothing about a gift voucher.

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2003, 11:46:52 AM »
I found Turok:evolution for 9.99 EB and madden 2002 for 4.99 at best buy.  Turok may not be great, but I found it more than worth the 9.99 I paid for it.

Offline mjbd

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2003, 05:33:22 PM »
Resident Evil 0 is now a players choice title.  I didnt know it was added until I was at Wal-Mart, and noticed the sticker on it.  It probably varies between 19.99 and 29.99.  Either way, its a good buy.  Scary as hell, and a good one to show off to your X-box or PS2 buddies.  
Formerly Known As Mike_OPN2000

Offline dafunkk12

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2003, 06:37:38 PM »
c

Originally posted by: NintendoFanGirl

Originally posted by: dafunkk12
"Summer Sizzler Sale!" EBGames flyer, lavender and B&W.  Dunno if it applies to the other EB-chain stores.

Among other deals...  
$10 mail-in gift voucher w/ preorder of BIlly Hatcher, must be postmarked by 8/15.  

$10 off instantly preorder of RE: Code Veronica X or PN03.  Valid until 8/3.  Super hot deal!  This means I need to take a 5+hour roundtrip down to Orlando (my future college locale) just to put down preorder cash.

Is this in-store only?  I just purchased Billy Hatcher from ebgames.com and it said nothing about a gift voucher.

I think it is in-store only.  And if no one's mentioned it earlier, I guess it may even be just at EBGames stores and not regular Electronics Boutiques (haven't been to the one at the mall in forever since the EBGames opened up less than a mile from my house).

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2003, 07:22:53 PM »
Hey all, i got another amazing deal for you:

I just purchased Resident Evil 0, Lord of the Rings 2 Towers (GC), and Medal of Honor Frontline (PS2)
for a grand total [AFTER TAX] of: $47.68!!!

all were used, but all were in prestine mint condition.
how did i get this deal? here's how it works...

Buy two used games at any Gamestop store (which includes funcolands, EB's, Software Etc's, etc)
and get one game of equal or lesser value free!

So I bought Resident Evil 0 ($24.99), Lord OTRings2T ($24.99), and got MOH Frontline ($24.99) free.
after using my gamestop card, the price went from $50 to $45, and then a 6% sales tax was applied thanks to Connecticut law.

I was really surprised by Lord of the Rings2T, it's better than reviews say.  
As far as Canadian deals, try Gamestop.com

btw get yourself a copy of Tactics Ogre: the knight of lodis for GBA, it may be hard to find since it's rare and it is my favorite game right now, beating out GC, PS2, PC, and other GBA games.  

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: Amazing Deals!
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2003, 12:58:34 AM »
EB is not part of GameStop.

Do game publishers make any money off used games? or is it just the retailers that do?  For the sake of supporting game companies (and acquiring a fresh, unopened/unscratched product), I prefer to buy new copies of games.  It's not rare to find discounted games at prices lower than their used counterparts.

(RE Zero is $19.99 at EBgames.com)
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2003, 12:28:16 PM »
oops my bad, EB is not part of Gamestop despite their many similarities

funcoland, babbages, software etc, and planet x are part of gamestop

game publishers do not make money off used games, just retailers.  the used games sold from gamestop do not have scratches.  by buying used games, you are still supporting game companies despite them not making money directly from such purchases.  when gamestop and other stores make money off used games, they acquire more products from the corresponding publishers in the form of new products.  

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2003, 12:44:04 PM »
I see, fair enough.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2003, 12:31:15 PM »
Free 3-day shipping on orders over $25 at EBgames.com:
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/default-assets/daily_deal/promoDetails.asp

Offer expires Aug. 4.  It's a nice deal for those pre-orders you haven't made yet, or that $29.99 copy of Super Monkey Ball 2 you still want but never got (for people like me).

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2003, 12:47:04 PM »
Here's a pricing update for EBgames.com:

Mario Sunshine went back up to $49.99 from $29.99

Eternal Darkness went back up to $29.99 from $19.99

Resident Evil Zero also went up to $29.99 from $19.99

The lesson here:  take advantage of deals/discounts while they're still in effect.  The above games held their lower prices for several weeks, then suddenly/recently went up without warning.

Oh well, at least they qualify for free shipping mentioned above.

Offline Sir Pinch-a-Loaf

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2003, 05:17:26 PM »
If anyone has one near them, you should really check out Sams Club or BJs Wholesale Club.  BJs seems to routinely liquidate their stock of video games (as they get so little new stuff).  Right now, the one by me has Enter the Matrix and The Hulk for GC for about $32 each.  They also have Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue and White for $19 each and DKC for $20, both for GBA.

Sams Club seems to be notorious for marking games down, but I got a real steal.  They had their last copy of Zelda: Wind Waker for $9.50!  I already had one, but I still bought it and traded it in (it was the unsealed floor copy).  They also had a last copy of Star Fox Adventures for $7.50, but I didn't think I could do much with it.

Anyway, check those wholesale clubs people!
What, you thought you wasn't gonna see me?  I'm the Osiris of this s**t.

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2003, 08:38:00 PM »
if i had picked up zelda so cheap, i wouldn't have traded it in, i would've kept it sealed, in my closet until i become an old man and then sell it on ebay as a collectors item lol, but thats just me.

he's right about these wholesale stores, i got xenosaga there for 26.99 back around april there.

unfortunately the wholesale clubs tend to have stock of greatest hits games or cheap below average titles, but if you search well enough often you will find a steal.

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2003, 09:44:15 PM »
At the local Toy Works, I picked up Time Splitters 2 for 14.99USD.  This is in Batavia, a rather small city, not sure if it is nation-wide.  Also, I am pretty sure Toy Works is a small time K.B. toys.

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2003, 10:01:26 PM »
what state do you live in?  we have both kbtoys and toy works in connecticut

Offline Sir Pinch-a-Loaf

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2003, 04:23:31 PM »
Well, unfortunately, the copy of Zelda was the last one, and it was the unwrapped floor copy that used to have a 'display box, see counter' sticker on it.  But since it was the last one, they just stuck the disc in and left it unsealed.  Oh well, I ended up getting $30 in credit from EB, so that's gonna go towards F-Zero
What, you thought you wasn't gonna see me?  I'm the Osiris of this s**t.

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2003, 07:11:41 PM »
$30 wow, that's not bad at all, kudos sir pinchie

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2003, 03:44:17 AM »
Free 3-day shipping on orders over $25 at EBgames.com:
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/default-assets/daily_deal/promoDetails.asp

Other GCN offers and pricing:
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/groups/hotdeals/gamecube.asp

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2003, 12:26:36 AM »
$19.99 Beach Spikers at TRU/Amazon.com:
click

EBgames.com:

FREE STUFFED COW (very KAWAII!) with pre-order of Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
click

Free 3-day shipping on pre-order of Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
click

Free XIII Soundtrack with pre-order of XIII
click

Free 1-day shipping on pre-order of XIII
click

Free 3-day shipping on pre-order of Billy Hatcher
click

Free 3-day shipping on pre-order of Wrestlemania X9
click

Free 3-day shipping on pre-order of P.N. 03
click

Free 3-day shipping on pre-order Viewtiful Joe
click

Free 3-day shipping for GC-GB Player
click

Offline NintendoFanGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2003, 09:26:49 AM »
Free overnight shipping on F-Zero for GC $49.99 and Mario & Luigi for GBA $29.99 at both gamestop.com (use code 1SLCTD) and ebgames.com (use code FREE818).  The ign gamestore at gamestop.com has free overnight shipping for P.N. 03 $39.99 (use code IGNPN03 and this link http://gamestore.ign.com/product.asp?product_id=220313)

Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets for GBA is only $9.99 ($20 off) at Best Buy or bestbuy.com with free shipping:  http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051806831599&skuId=4787868&type=product

Toys R Us is running a buy 1 get 1 free game promo this week, in-store and online.  Games include Hulk, Splinter Cell, NBA Street 2, Finding Nemo, Enter the Matrix and Def Jam Vandetta.  All games are $49.99 except Finding Nemo which is $39.99.

The gamestop and ebgames deal ends tomorrow morning (8-19), the TRU and BB deal ends on Saturday (8-23).

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2003, 11:04:22 AM »
Target has Splinter Cell for $29.99
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline NintendoFanGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2003, 01:54:47 PM »
Target also has Animal Crossing for $29.99.  That price ends 9-5.  Definitely call before going in because most Target's are out and they won't give rainchecks.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2003, 02:43:33 PM »
Free 3-day shipping on orders $49.99 and up at EBgames.com:
click

Offline Bartman3010

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2003, 04:34:11 PM »
I recently went to an Academy (Sports store, dont know if its in places other than Texas) amazingly enough, they sell video games. Not a lot, but some. But guess what? They were literally liquidating their games. They have games like Mario Sunshine and Mario Party 4 for $30. And a bunch of $10 games like Dakar 2 and Dr. Muto. Oh yeah, and the GCNs were going for $80.
- Bartman

Mario Kart DS - 111728-668174
Metroid Prime Hunters - 3866-1460-2555
Tetris DS - 105680-429364

(Send PM if interested, you probably arent)
Better yet, check out #mariokartds on Esper.net, featuring the FriendCodeBot!

Offline NintendoFanGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2003, 08:00:03 AM »
the ign gamestore at gamestop.com has SSX Tricky w/free overnight shipping.  Deal ends tomorrow morning (8-22).
GC $49.99 avail 10-14 http://gamestore.ign.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=220333
GBA $29.99 avail 11-4 http://gamestore.ign.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=160384

Use code IGNSSX3 and make sure to check overnight shipping at checkout to have discount applied.

Offline NintendoFanGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2003, 07:49:58 AM »
Today's deal (8-28) that ends tomorrow morning:

Preorder Prince of Persia and get $10 off plus free overnight shipping:
http://gamestore.ign.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=220354

Avail 11-4.  Make sure to check overnight shipping at checkout for discount to be applied.  Use code  IGNPERSIA