Community Forums > General Chat

3DMark03

(1/4) > >>

Grey Ninja:
Ok, it's killing me.  Chances that there are many hardcore PC gamers in this forum is pretty slight, but I thought I would post it here anyways, as it's the only forum I visit these days.  (I am not a hardcore PC Gamer myself, I just like to tweak my hardware).

I got over 800 points today when I ran the benchmark for the first time.
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=17049

I promptly started overclocking everything in my computer after that, and got my score a few points shy of 1100, but unfortunately the futuremark servers were too busy for me to upload at that time.    I did save the scores though, thinking I could load them and submit them later.  HAH!  It's a feature that is missing from the free version, although the manual says no such thing.  (Yeah, I am a little ticked off about that).

Anyways, I am also having some huge problems with the demo in this version.  The first test runs fine, but the second part of the demo either crashes at the start or midway through.  It's really bothering me, as I love what I saw so far, and I would like to see the whole thing.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Hell, even if you haven't, post your score, no matter how pathetic.    I am curious what people around here have to show.

EDIT:  Managed to upload a new score.  200 points better than the one above.
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=35529  

manunited4eva22:
Well what are the specs on your rig?

Grey Ninja:
ECS K7S5A
Athlon XP 1800+
GeForce3 Ti200
256MB PC2100 DDR
SB Live!
40GB UDMA 100 7200RPM HDD

Not too shabby of a score for a PC so outdated by the standards imposed by the benchmarks.  

manunited4eva22:
Eh, I need to get my lazy ass done with my rig. Whenever that happens I will post my score.

Grey Ninja:
So what are you building?  Mine is a hybrid of many computers I have had over the years.  It's got pieces from a 286, 486SX, P-120, and my Celeron 600.  Most of the parts come from my Celeron, so they are kind of outdated now...  The only really new thing in my computer right now is the memory.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version