Author Topic: Purchase eShop Games on Nintendo's Website Starting Now  (Read 2744 times)

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Purchase eShop Games on Nintendo's Website Starting Now
« on: October 14, 2014, 09:20:40 AM »

We now welcome the return of gifting.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/38739/purchase-eshop-games-on-nintendos-website-starting-now

You can now go to Nintendo's website to download select Nintendo-published games directly to your system from an Internet browser as long as you connect your Nintendo Network ID. If you don't, you can still buy games, but you will have to redeem a code on the system's eShop.

This new service also brings back the ability to gift your friends games, something that was previously available on Wii. Users can purchase a game on Nintendo's store and then send the download code to a friend's email.

In addition to select Virtual Console games and past Nintendo-published Wii U and 3DS games, some games, including Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and Fantasy Life, are available for pre-order.

Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Leo13

• Score: 13
    • View Profile
Re: Purchase eShop Games on Nintendo's Website Starting Now
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 04:26:17 PM »
If I buy a game for a friend, do I get the Deluxe Digital Promotion points? That would change how I buy my Christmas gifts

Offline nhaines

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 04:32:43 PM »
Just in time for Christmas!  If the download codes include QR codes, this is my favorite feature ever.  <3

If I buy a game for a friend, do I get the Deluxe Digital Promotion points? That would change how I buy my Christmas gifts

No, but the person redeeming the code does.  (This is why you get them for pack in and bonus games that you didn't actually "buy".)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 07:19:25 PM »
I was wondering what would be the point of this as it doesn't really seem easier than just buying a game from the system, but, seeing that you can buy codes to give to others makes this worthwhile.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 07:32:52 PM »
And you can do it on a phone, and have it start downloading via SpotPass immediately (Wii U)/next time you hit wi-fi (3DS).
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 07:41:29 PM »
Now all we need is for Nintendo to play that awesome Eshop music in your browser.   I'm sure SOMEONE at Nintendo had a Geocities page in 1998.   Or at least a Lycos site.  Ooh, and they can add little star trails to my cursor.  Ooh Ooh and FRAMES!
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 08:23:39 PM »
These are the games you can buy on Nintendo.com right now:

3DS retail
Ocarina 3D, Pokemon Rumble Blast, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus Uprising, Mario Tennis Open, New Super Mario Bros 2, Fire Emblem Awakening, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Lego City Undercover; The Chase Begins, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Mario and Luigi Dream Team, Pokemon XY, Mario Party Island Tour, The Legend of Zelda Link Between Worlds, Bravely Default, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, Yoshi's New Island, Disney Magical World, Mario Golf World Tour, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Tomodachi Life, Professor Layton v Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney, Super Smash Bros

3DS eShop Original
3D Classic Kirby's Adventure, Pushmo, Pokemon Dream Radar, Crashmo, Kersploosh!, Dillon's Rolling Western The Last Ranger, Mario and Donkey Kong Minis On The Move, Pokemon Battle Trozei, Kirby Fighters Deluxe, Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe

3DS VC
Super Mario Land, Link's Awakening DX, Kirby's Dream Land, Super Mario Land 2 6 Golden Coins, Metroid II: Return of Samus, Super Mario Bros, Metroid, Punch-Out Featuring Mr Dream, Legend of Zelda, Wario Land Super Mario Land 3, Dr. Mario, Mario Golf, Zelda II, Wario Land II, Lost Levels, Oracle of Seasons/Ages, Super Mario Bros 2, Kirby's Dream Land 2, Donkey Kong (NES), Wario Land 3, Mario Tennis, Super Mario Bros 3

Wii U Retail
New Super Mario Bros U, Lego City Undercover, Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, Wii Party U, Mario and Sonic Sochi Olympics, Super Mario 3D World, DKC Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors

Wii U eShop
Art Academy Sketchpad, Pokemon Rumble U, NES Remix, Dr Luigi, NES Remix 2, Pushmo World

Wii U VC
Earthbound, Metroid Fusion, Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, Advance Wars, Wario Ware Mega Microgames, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, F-Zero Maximum Velocity, Golden Sun, Yoshi's Island: SMA3, Wario Land 4, Zelda: The Minish Cap, Mario Tennis Power Tour
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 08:25:03 PM »
About damn time. I was just complaining the other day on Twitter that Nintendo didn't let me just buy games on an online store and push them to my Wii U/3DS when Sony & MS have been doing it for years. Now I don't have to even bother turning on my Wii U once a month to download the 2 worthwhile games the Wii U eShop gets every other month. Nice. Seriously, this was long overdue.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Chariblaze

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 11:38:48 PM »
It only took 2 years! :D

Download sizes are in MB, even for 3DS games.

Offline Nemo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 03:55:20 PM »
So, they don't have all games available for purchase. Just Nintendo published titles? I wonder why.

We used to be able to gift all games, right?
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net