Author Topic: BurgerTime World Tour Leaving Wii Shop  (Read 2286 times)

Offline Aaron Brown

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
BurgerTime World Tour Leaving Wii Shop
« on: April 16, 2014, 10:55:00 PM »

Expiring licenses means no more Peter Pepper.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/37179/burgertime-world-tour-leaving-wii-shop

BurgerTime World Tour, the WiiWare sequel to the classic game, will soon be removed from the Wii Shop Channel due to expiring licensing agreements, according to publisher MonkeyPaw Games.

Unlike other versions of the game, World Tour will not be discounted on the Wii. The publisher stated that owners of World Tour "should still" be able to download the game even after it is removed from the shop.

You can check out our interview with the makers of the game back in 2011 if you want to know some more details about BurgerTime World Tour on WiiWare.

We first reported that BurgerTime World Tour would be discounted on WiiWare. However, according to Monkey Paw Games, it will not be. Sorry for the confusion.

Aaron R. Brown
Previews Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Mythtendo

• My rims never spin, to the contrary, you'll find that they're quite stationary
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: BurgerTime World Tour Leaving Wii Shop, Price Reduced
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 12:29:10 AM »
I'm glad they are letting people know ahead of time (and reducing the price on top of that) so people have one last chance to buy it. I hate when a game is just removed with no warning and no explanation.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 01:42:42 AM »
I would take MonkeyPaw's word about being able to redownload with an entire salt lick, for what it's worth. Their games have fallen off services to the point of being unable to redownload previously.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Chariblaze

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 03:15:15 AM »

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 10:17:52 AM »
Has there ever been a WiiWare game discounted? Can the Wii Shop Channel even do that?
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Chariblaze

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 06:17:56 PM »
Has there ever been a WiiWare game discounted? Can the Wii Shop Channel even do that?

The only time I remember something being discounted was December 2009, when the four Sonic Genesis games were docked from 800 points to 500 points.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: BurgerTime World Tour Leaving Wii Shop
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 12:54:23 AM »
I picked this game up...  wow, it's a hot mess.  I mean, there's potential with the idea they tried, but geesh...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 04:25:40 PM »
On a completely unrelated note, I watched Good Burger with my kids on the weekend. That movie is terrible. And awesome. And has Abe Vigoda.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 04:55:05 PM »
Oh man. Good Burger. That used to play a bunch on TV 12 years ago. I remember watching it a couple times. Had completely forgotten about it.

And back on topic, here we see another problem with Super Mario Bros. 3. No sooner does it show up on Virtual Console when suddenly BurgerTime has to leave the Wii Shop channel. Sure, they're using the cover story that "licences" are "expiring" but anyone can see that it's just a front to hide the fact that SMB3 requires so much room in the Wii Shop Channel it is shoving out other games for enough virtual space. And the worst thing is, you can get SMB3 in many different forms already. It didn't need to take up E-Shop space like this. How many other places can you get BurgerTime World Tour? Exactly.

#BlameSMB3
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 12:51:39 PM »
Oui, Mon Gars!