Author Topic: Mafia LXXXVI: Luigi's Mafia Mansion. Day 6 - The Panic Room and The End  (Read 10238 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Story Post. What story?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 10:29:49 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LXXXVI: Luigi's Mafia Mansion. Day 6 - The Panic Room
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 11:12:27 AM »
Announcement Post

DEAD

RABicle - Ghost (Killed by Day Vote)
BeautifulShy - Ghost (Killed by Luigi)
Crimm - Luigi (Killed by King Boo Mafia)

That means there are 4 Mafia Members and 3 Townie members left in the game. Wait a minute.....

Win Conditions

Mafia:Must have the Dark Moon crystal in their possession and Luigi and Gooigi must be eliminated from the game. They do not need to eliminate all the townies but can win by equaling or exceeding the amount of townies left in the game provided they meet the above win conditions. 

Equaling or exceeding the amount of townies? That's a checkmark.
Eliminating Luigi and Gooigi? King Boo has taken out both. That's two checkmarks.
Having the Dark Moon crystal in their possession? That's..... also a checkmark! nickmitch was the ghost in control of the Dark Moon and the Mafia acquired it when they took him out.

That means THIS GAME IS OVER!! It's a

KING BOO MAFIA WIN!!

The King Boo Mafia has gotten the win and done so with a perfect Mafia victory losing no members in the process. Congratulations to:

Luigi Dude - King Boo
Mr. Bungle - Kung Boo
Mop it up - Boogie Woogie
TOPHATANT123 - Boo B. Trap

The remaining players were:

pokepal148 - Grouchy Possessor
ShyGuy - Ug
Stratos - Ghost

Well, I hope you were able to have some fun out of this game after a long absence since out last Mafia game. If not, well, the good news is you may not have to wait too long for the next game. I'll have sign-ups for it in a few days as I hope to have it start for Nov. 15 next month. In the meantime, everyone is now free to say all they want to about this game good and bad and what they were thinking as it happened.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 11:17:25 AM »
WELP! I think it's safe to say that I'm getting bandwagon'd day one in the next game. I'm toast, nice knowing you folks.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2021, 11:19:54 AM »
We know what items are tied to the players with roles. For the record, here is the list of items tied to the Ghost players for this game:

BeautifulShy - Suction Shot
MASB - Ice Elemental Medal
nickmitch - Dark Moon crystal
Order.RSS - Polterpup
RABicle - Strobulb
Stratos - Fire Elemental Medal
TheFleece - Thieving Slinker

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 12:15:17 PM »
Good game everyone!

That was really tense at the end there. If that last vote had gone differently then we would be down our godfather right about now.

Crimm really flew under our radar, but fortunately only ever took out people from the townie faction.

Looking forward to the next game

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2021, 12:51:28 PM »
Honestly, I'm just happy some of the mafia players were actually active players. That would have stunk if the game was won by inactivity.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2021, 01:06:28 PM »
Crimm really flew under our radar, but fortunately only ever took out people from the townie faction.

This was due to me misunderstanding the rules. I had a pretty good read on Mop and had sent "alternate" kills on mafia because I was really ONLY looking for the crystal. I wrongly thought once the townie that had it dropped we'd know.

Therefore I assumed townies without roles were my targets. Very unlikely the killer survives as the last stand. I had known Pokepal's role since night 2 or 3 but figured "eh whatever." Losing the detective sucked but I had a lot of the info I needed...except the rules.

Sending a kill on a day I didn't even log into the message boards was a fun trick though.

...not the cause i posted in the thread though, that was legit.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2021, 01:26:06 PM »
We know what items are tied to the players with roles. For the record, here is the list of items tied to the Ghost players for this game:

BeautifulShy - Suction Shot
MASB - Ice Elemental Medal
nickmitch - Dark Moon crystal
Order.RSS - Polterpup
RABicle - Strobulb
Stratos - Fire Elemental Medal
TheFleece - Thieving Slinker

So essentually the game went how I thought it would with the Mafia Killing Nickmitch and obtaining the DMC and not only that but there was not one but two moles in the alliance.    I knew I should have gone with the Chaotic route that last day.    Pokepal you are the worst judge of character and just because you let two players in your townie discord server before me it does not mean they are townies.

Vendeta Mop it up, Pokepal and Mr. Bungle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also Khushrenada I was never told I had a suction shot.   I guess that was your way of preventing other townies from PMing each other with their items. 
Announcement Post

DEAD

RABicle - Ghost (Killed by Day Vote)
BeautifulShy - Ghost (Killed by Luigi)
Crimm - Luigi (Killed by King Boo Mafia)

That means there are 4 Mafia Members and 3 Townie members left in the game. Wait a minute.....

Win Conditions

Mafia:Must have the Dark Moon crystal in their possession and Luigi and Gooigi must be eliminated from the game. They do not need to eliminate all the townies but can win by equaling or exceeding the amount of townies left in the game provided they meet the above win conditions. 

Equaling or exceeding the amount of townies? That's a checkmark.
Eliminating Luigi and Gooigi? King Boo has taken out both. That's two checkmarks.
Having the Dark Moon crystal in their possession? That's..... also a checkmark! nickmitch was the ghost in control of the Dark Moon and the Mafia acquired it when they took him out.

That means THIS GAME IS OVER!! It's a

KING BOO MAFIA WIN!!

The King Boo Mafia has gotten the win and done so with a perfect Mafia victory losing no members in the process. Congratulations to:

Luigi Dude - King Boo
Mr. Bungle - Kung Boo
Mop it up - Boogie Woogie
TOPHATANT123 - Boo B. Trap

The remaining players were:

pokepal148 - Grouchy Possessor
ShyGuy - Ug
Stratos - Ghost

Well, I hope you were able to have some fun out of this game after a long absence since out last Mafia game. If not, well, the good news is you may not have to wait too long for the next game. I'll have sign-ups for it in a few days as I hope to have it start for Nov. 15 next month. In the meantime, everyone is now free to say all they want to about this game good and bad and what they were thinking as it happened.

Moral of the story. Always listen to Nickmitch and me when it comes to Mafia Members( Nickmitch, moles(BShy)

You know in a wierd twist I went from vendetaing Nickmitch from my first game to giving him his roses on what he can do in these games. 
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2021, 01:28:53 PM »
Technically Steefosaurus was the one who let Mr. Bungle in.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2021, 01:34:06 PM »
and you let Mop it up in first.  The inciting incident.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2021, 01:34:59 PM »
It's also just hard to be a judge of character when half the players are inactive but whatever. It's a game. There's no use getting mad at eachother over it.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2021, 01:38:55 PM »
Therefore I assumed townies without roles were my targets. Very unlikely the killer survives as the last stand. I had known Pokepal's role since night 2 or 3 but figured "eh whatever." Losing the detective sucked but I had a lot of the info I needed...except the rules.

I figured that was your strategy after not bothering to go after pokepal for the vote manipulation power and you targeted another townie instead. You took out 4 of the 7 townies in the game but the one townie the Mafia hit turned out to be the one with the Dark Moon. Targeting the townies is a high risk / high reward strategy though. Two of the townies had negative items. As well, losing regular townies makes it harder for the killer to conceal themselves as role townies can usually group together easier since people rarely claim to be a townie with a role and then be caught in a lie. Getting the Kung Boo treasure of being able to find out which player has the Dark Moon crystal in their possession might be the best route if it can be pulled off.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2021, 01:40:58 PM »

Or as I now call him Steeposau.RSS

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2021, 01:43:06 PM »
I was also under the impression that it would be announced if the Dark Moon Crystal had changed hands. I'm pretty sure that's how it was handled in the Metroid game as well.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2021, 01:44:21 PM »
It's also just hard to be a judge of character when half the players are inactive.

Hoonestly not really.  There must be some reason they were inactive. Look at Crimm being active enough to play his role but not overly so.  Was the Killer.  Shyguy was the same way although there was more risk involved since he couldn't hit townies so likely not going after players.   Now I get all the PMs he sent me and some of the comments about what players were mafia.  Just looking for targets.   In one of the PMs he asked me if Mr. Bungle was Mafia and I thought at the time he was a townie and told him that but never really followed up on that when I joined the "alliance" Maybe if I sent targets of Mop it up or Mr. Bungle in some sort of mass PM there would have been fireworks of at least making it another day. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2021, 01:45:22 PM »
I was also under the impression that it would be announced if the Dark Moon Crystal had changed hands. I'm pretty sure that's how it was handled in the Metroid game as well.

Only if the killer got it.  Mafia that was not the case.  Read the rules!!!
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2021, 01:51:31 PM »
Mr. Bungle was Steef's choice and I went along with it. Mop it Up, as I said several times before, knew I was the vote manipulator before day 4 and I was still alive so we were inclined to believe her. I had a small doubt about Mr. Bungle because he'd apparently told Steef that he was the vigilante but never came to me about it but since nobody else came forward claiming to be the vigilante I chose to stay silent on the matter because he apparently didn't want Mop it Up to know about it.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 01:55:18 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2021, 01:53:30 PM »
It's also just hard to be a judge of character when half the players are inactive.

Hoonestly not really.  There must be some reason they were inactive. Look at Crimm being active enough to play his role but not overly so.  Was the Killer.  Shyguy was the same way although there was more risk involved since he couldn't hit townies so likely not going after players.
RABicle and Stratos were also extremely inactive and they wound up being townies. You seem to have forgotten that detail.

Not everyone has the time or desire to creep on people's online status to determine their role in this game.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 02:00:06 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2021, 02:00:28 PM »

Hoonestly not really.  There must be some reason they were inactive. Look at Crimm being active enough to play his role but not overly so.  Was the Killer.  Shyguy was the same way although there was more risk involved since he couldn't hit townies so likely not going after players.
RABicle and Stratos were also extremely inactive and they wound up being townies. You seem to have forgotten that detail.
Yeah because Stratos was dealing with lots of IRL stuff which I will not speak more on since it is personal. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2021, 02:01:36 PM »
And Crimm wasn't allegedly dealing with IRL stuff? He kind of had a whole live show to plan out during this game.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2021, 02:03:32 PM »

Not everyone has the time or desire to creep on people's online status to determine their role in this game.

There is reasonable absences and reasons to be absent.   Rab and Stratos falls into the former and Crimm and Shyguy fall into the latter.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2021, 02:04:54 PM »
RAB was literally just playing Cities Skylines on Steam the whole time, among other IRL stuff apparently.

This was just a difficult game for the townies because of how the rules played out and how luck basically turned against us on day 2 with both the ice medal in the killer's hands and the loss of the detective. I really didn't expect to come out of this on top and honestly the whole thing was just kind of frustrating considering that half the players seemingly weren't even participating.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 02:10:19 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2021, 02:10:48 PM »
RAB was literally just playing Cities Skylines on Steam the whole time, among other IRL stuff apparently.

Says the person who doesn't have the time to creep on what other players are doing.

Also literally that checking profiles for time stamps and days of activity and when took about 30 minutes just going into the signup thread and checking profiles and comparing previous PMs and what times and looking for differences.   

That dip I did on Crimm and Rabicle took about 30 minutes to do. researching votes.   It just took longer to type out because I am not the fastest typer..
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2021, 02:12:13 PM »
I literally got steam notifications on my laptop saying he was online playing Cities Skylines whenever I booted it up. That's a completely different matter.

But apparently allying with BeautifulShy just ends with me either getting voted out in a fit of paranoia or getting blamed when things don't go her way for not going along with her fits of paranoia that she was unable to prove any form of validity to so I guess I won't be doing that again.

I really wonder why nobody reached out to you for most of the game?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 02:16:55 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2021, 02:22:55 PM »
It comes down to this: I've learned the hard way that bringing people into an alliance and not trusting them and second guessing everything they do is fucking awful for my mental health so I decided not to do that anymore. Sometimes it means I get screwed over but I have to put my mental health before this game so that's what I've decided to do. If you have a problem with that then don't ally with me. Frankly, between the Zelda game and how this one ended up I don't want to ally with you anyways.

These are just stupid forum games. Outside of memey vedettas there's no use holding grudges over them.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 02:25:22 PM by pokepal148 »