NWR Interactive > TalkBack

Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack To Also Include Otherwise Paid DLC Beginning With AC: New Horizons Pack

(1/5) > >>

Shaymin:
...this might be cliche, but now how much would you pay?http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/58670/nintendo-switch-online-expansion-pack-to-also-include-otherwise-paid-dlc-beginning-with-ac-new-horizons-packIt's not just going to be WinBack and M.U.S.H.A. in the Expansion Pack for Nintendo Switch Online.During the Animal Crossing: New Horizons presentation, it was announced that the Expansion Pack would grant access to the "Happy Home Paradise" DLC. This would be included along with the previously announced Nintendo 64 and Sega Genesis libraries.The pricing for the Expansion Pack with included Nintendo Switch Online was also revealed to be $49.99 US for an individual plan or $79.99 for a family plan, and it will be available October 25. No other information was provided for other DLC offers.

broodwars:

Yeah no. I'm not paying an extra $30 a year for a bunch of random N64 & Genesis ROMs for games I probably already own.

Kairon:
I wonder how much the Animal Crossing DLC will cost standalone.

EDIT: OMG Happy Home Paradise costs $24.99 STANDALONE?!?!?!? That's ALMOST the price of the ENTIRE YEAR of the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pak upgrade!!!

On subsequent examination Nintendo is obviously sacrificing the Animal Crossing DLC as a price anchor to make the Online Subscription seem like a steal.

Kairon:

--- Quote from: broodwars on October 15, 2021, 11:15:51 AM ---

Yeah no. I'm not paying an extra $30 a year for a bunch of random N64 & Genesis ROMs for games I probably already own.

--- End quote ---

If there are enough people like you (and fewer people like me) I hope that either puts a negative price pressure on this product when Nintendo revisits it (probably in a year's time when everyone will be thinking about up/down-grading) or encourages them to add in more and better features for the Expansion Pak.

However, the family plan is still an absolutely amazing deal. I've got 5 people on mine so if we all shared the cost that comes to only $16 a year for each of us for everything listed.

pokepal148:
As someone who doesn't own many N64 games, this is still not a bad deal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version