Gaming Forums > General Gaming

The Winter of 2cold4gamez! (community event)

<< < (2/8) > >>

lolmonade:
I've dubbed 2021 my year of the backlog, too.  In an effort to save $$ and feel less shame about buying games moving forward, I'm taking a sabbatical on buying anything new until 2022.

All that to say - I like your idea and i'm in.

Order.RSS:
Interested to join in too if y'all don't mind having a boat anchor around. Fear my score will mostly bring everyone down, as I'm probably gonna nab that Capcom Arcade Collection while it has 2 free games on there. But hey maybe it'll motivate to at least actually play them!

M.K.Ultra:
Games Completed

* Super Mario Galaxy - finished 2/22, 25 hours, 100% run, replay, played on Switch
* Rhythm Heaven Fever - finished 3/8, 17 hours, 49/50 medals, first play, played on Wii
* Mega Man 9 - finished 3/10, 3.3 hours, any%, re-play, played on Switch
* The Last of Us Part II - finished 3/12, 29 hours, 33% of Trophies, first play, played on PS4
* Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Games - finished 3/15, 14.5 hours, Gold Medal in all events and completed all other modes (153/248 Challenges), first play, played on Wii U
* State of Decay 2 - finished 3/16, 32 hours, Main Campaign, first play, played on XB1
* Light Fall - finished 3/19, 5-10 hours, 100% run, first play, played on Switch
* Silver Falls Undertakers - finished 3/11, 4.5 hours, any%, first play, played on 3DS
Games Bought

* Learn Japanese to Survive! Kanji Combat - purchased 2/24, $1, Steam
* Quest of Dungeons - purchased 3/18, $2.69, Wii U
* Metroid: Zero Mission - purchased 3/18, $7.99, Wii U
* Mega Man Battle Network - purchased 3/18, $7.99, Wii U

TOPHATANT123:
Bought a couple of vouchers on the eShop for Bravely Default 2 and TBD, so that sets me back to 0 points.

However +1 point for finishing Yakuza 3 Remastered. I really enjoyed this. I'm playing the series in order and I would say this is my favourite game since Yakuza Zero, which is one of the best games of all time.

3 as a remastered PS3 game managed to exceed my expectations. Whereas 1 & 2 which were ground-up remakes, fell below expectations having been blown away with Zero. The game introduces some quirky new features, tons of side quests and the main story feels like the next big step in Kiryu's journey.

My main complaint would be all the hostess dating, which are required to finish all the substories. There's decent writing and some chuckle worthy jokes but why is there so much of it? Thousands and thousands of words, essentially a visual novel worth of text in this minigame. 84 trips to the hostess club and millions of yen later, I finally completed all the substories. Weirdly addictive but not very satisfying.

pokepal148:
I'm working through Xenoblade 2 myself. It'll be a massive timesink but I hope to work through it soon.

I downloaded the f2p multiplayer shooter Valorant for a multiplayer night that a streamer I follow did so once Monster Hunter Rise's preload goes through I'll be breaking even as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version