Gaming Forums > General Gaming

Shocktober 2020: Play scary games here.

(1/3) > >>

pokepal148:
Shocktober - A Month-Long Journey Through The Horror Game Genre

Some may say the real world is scary enough in 2020, but I won't let that stop us!

When does this start?

Shocktober begins on October 1st, and will last the entire month of October, ending after Halloween night.

What should I play?

Anything remotely spooky or halloweeny will suffice. If horror isn't your thing than there's plenty of stuff like the Castlevania series or Demon's Crest that will also fit the bill. This is basically a themed Backlaugust but the focus is more on playing games and sharing your experiences than beating them.

Who should participate?

If you:

a. Enjoy horror games
and/or
b. Have at least one horror game in your backlog
and/or
c. Plan on buying a new horror game
d. Have something remotely halloweeny

you should do this!

The purpose of this is a little less about seeing how many games we can beat, but for everyone to share in the experience of playing something scary. A good horror game can be a tough thing to get all of the way through to the end, but with some moral support from the rest of the community that's going through the same thing, maybe we can all make it back into the light by November! That's what it comes down to -- having fun, and being scared shitless. And being scared shitless is a lot more fun when being scared shitless as a group.

pokepal148:
I started up Alien Isolation. I'm about an hour in and I haven't seen a single alien. I feel cheated.

NWR_insanolord:
Of course you didn't see them, they're in isolation. It's the name of the game.

broodwars:

--- Quote from: pokepal148 on October 03, 2020, 06:59:25 PM ---I started up Alien Isolation. I'm about an hour in and I haven't seen a single alien. I feel cheated.

--- End quote ---

Don't worry. For the rest of the game, you never will see a single Alien.  :P

Order.RSS:
Good idea Pokepal! I'm still playing Animal Crossing which I guess has a Halloween theme coming up... But that's not scary obviously, so which of these should I tackle this year: ZombiU or Resident Evil Revelations? Never played either of them.

--- Quote from: NWR_insanolord on October 03, 2020, 08:49:03 PM ---Of course you didn't see them, they're in isolation. It's the name of the game.

--- End quote ---
Even xenomorphs understand they have to self-isolate and quarantine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version