> Announcements

Major Forum Reorganization - April 4, 2019

<< < (2/8) > >>

UncleBob:
Where does all my Patreon money go anyway? 🤣🤣🤣

Order.RSS:
Looks much better already!
I like how Reader Reviews are more spotlighted this way, should in theory lead to more eyeballs on this type of content people work very hard on (one day I'll read Evan_B's Xenoblade treatise).

Same goes for the movie/TV stuff. Those will probably be most useful to test the use of child boards, since they're high-traffic topics. If their engagement significantly drops over the coming weeks, then we'll know for sure if child boards get less visits. At the moment I mainly see potential for expansion towards several smaller topics, rather than keeping everything in a few giant threads.

I still think the Announcements and NWR Feedback forums could work as a single strand too, "Forum Rules, Announcements & Feedback" or something like that. But this'll do for now.
Is it possible to shift the order of boards around on the main forum page? I think it'd make more sense like this: Announcements - Gaming Section (2 boards) - Community Section (3 boards) - NWR Interactive (3 boards). The General Chat board is much more consistently active than NWR Interactive, and I imagine those topics mostly receive comments through the main site anyway? Just a thought, not sure if possible.

Every single board had new posts today!!! That hasn't happened since the Great Cattank Parade. Thanks a lot Insanolord and whoever's arm you twisted to make this happen, I think it'll lead to a greatly improved user experience.

BeautifulShy:
To add to one of the things Steefosaurus said maybe instead of having a set order like he described maybe it can be something where it is changeable in the lock and layout portion of folks profile and change it that was for each user. 

Mop it up:
Change is scary! But nice job.

NWR_insanolord:
Okay, so looking into the software upgrade thing it actually doesn't seem that complicated, so I'm going to do my best to get it done. There's a new major version of the software coming out soon (we're on 2.0.8, the current one is 2.0.15, and 2.1 is apparently getting really close), and once that's ready I hope to be able to get us upgraded to that one. Based on the description on the site, it sounds like it adds a lot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version