Author Topic: Nintendo Newsletter: DreamRift's Triumphant Return  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Nintendo Newsletter: DreamRift's Triumphant Return
« on: March 29, 2015, 04:05:26 PM »

The return of a lost DS classic headlines the weekend's Nintendo news, as well as a look ahead to the coming week.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/39948/nintendo-newsletter-dreamrifts-triumphant-return

DreamRift Announces Monster Tale Ultimate

An enhanced version of 2011's Monster Tale will be coming to the 3DS eShop this spring.

As first revealed by our own Neal Ronaghan in the most recent issue of Nintendo Force magazine (volume 14), the remake will feature stereoscopic 3D, changes to approximately half of the levels, and a new orchestral version of the musical score. The option will be available to switch to the old soundtrack as well.

The original game released in March 2011 (the same month as the 3DS), and features a combination of exploration platforming on the top screen and a pet-raising game on the bottom screen.

Our Take: "I missed this one the first time for a combination of 3DS and Pokemon-related reasons, so I'll be looking into this re-release." - Donald Theriault

Wii U eShop Lineup Takes Shape

Nintendo's lineup is taking shape for the Thursday eShop update, with four different games showing April 2 release dates on Nintendo.com.

The games are:

• psyscrolr, a platformer which puts you in control of the voices in the head of a young boy with unwanted psychic powers ($3.99)
  • Underground, an overhead view action game which promises to train laproscopic skills ($20.99)
  • Bubble Gum Popper, a match-many puzzle game ($1.99)
  • and Mon Premier Karaoké, a singing game that has you singing 20 children's songs... en francais ($9.99)

These games join the previously confirmed Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures in coming out Thursday.

Our Take: "I've never understood why the first eShop release day of the quarter is always so busy." - Donald Theriault

The Week Ahead:

The biggest story of the last week came late Friday, as Nintendo announced the delay of The Legend of Zelda Wii U. In case you missed it, the announcement video is available here, and our live reaction from Neal, Addison and Curtis is here.

There has been a lot of chatter about a potential Nintendo Direct, and Neal added a little bit of fuel to the fire on Friday:

Obviously, Nintendo World Report will be right on top of any Nintendo Direct announcements as soon as they are available.

Also this week, the last day for Club Nintendo game registration for NA is Tuesday, and we may see the final Elite Status rewards as soon as Wednesday. Nintendo has promised the Elite Status download codes will be available "between April 1 and April 30". What might those codes be? A very brave Donald tried to take a wild guess.

And finally, Justin has gone into extensive detail on what the DeNA deal and NX means for Nintendo, and you'll see the fruits of that research this week. Please be excited.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Newsletter: DreamRift's Triumphant Return
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 11:09:29 PM »
Hoping they will release Monster Tale on PAL eShop...
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 11:40:02 PM »
Wow, I had an interest in Monster Tale back when it was first released but never got around to buying it.  I had no idea it was coming to the eShop.  I guess I'll now get a second chance to finally play it. :)
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 11:55:10 PM »
Nice, Henry Hatsworth was my favorite game from my brief DS tenure, but never got to Monster Tale, which as I recall had a bit of a mixed reception. I'm definitely down for a tuned-up release on 3DS.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 01:21:16 AM »
Conception on sale too!
$12!
Imagine the only R18+ game on eshop plus etrian odyssey + Mass efect +hentai = conception
Made you look ****.