Author Topic: Shantae 5 Announced For 2019 Release  (Read 903 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Shantae 5 Announced For 2019 Release
« on: March 25, 2019, 03:01:27 PM »

Next, Zach and TYP will summon a Lost Vikings remaster.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/50101/shantae-5-announced-for-2019-release

Get RET-2-GO again, as Shantae is making her third Switch appearance this year.

WayForward announced the game in a Twitter post earlier this evening, showing off the game's logo and confirming a 2019 release.

No other details were given in the tweet, though the replies confirm that unlike Shantae: Half-Genie Hero the game is not being crowdfunded.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Re: Shantae 5 Announced For 2019 Release
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 05:59:31 AM »
I kinda want a Cell-Shaded 3D platformer in the vein of Super Mario 3D World where it less exploration and more getting from point A to point B.  Though a 3D Platformer with Metroidvania elements would be fun too.  That is probably not going to happen though.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 08:38:54 AM »
I’m in favor of any significant departure from 1/2 Genie Hero. It was fine, just worse than it’s predecessor, Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse, in every way.

A 3D Shantae platformer would be interesting though I’m not sure WayForward Technologies has the expertise to make such a game.

Offline ForgottenPearl

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 05:23:56 PM »
I thought Half-Genie Hero was lame, mostly due to its lack of dungeons.  I hope the puzzle and exploration elements of the previous games make it into this one.