Author Topic: Midway Website Gets Redesign  (Read 1324 times)

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
Midway Website Gets Redesign
« on: August 11, 2005, 08:58:04 AM »
Midway's webspace on the Internet gets a nice facelift.

MIDWAY LAUNCHES REDESIGN OF WWW.MIDWAY.COM    

New Corporate Web Site Features the Latest in Design and Technology

CHICAGO, Illinois, August 11, 2005 - Midway Games Inc., a leading developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software, today announced that it has launched a complete redesign of its corporate web site at www.midway.com. The site has been redesigned to better reflect the company's revised product strategy and renewed vision. New features include a customer service knowledge base, a job search engine and forums where fans can post about the latest Midway games.    

"Midway.com provides consumers and partners with integral information concerning the Company's activities and products," said Mona Hamilton, vice president of marketing, Midway Amusement Games.  "Therefore, it is imperative that our web site mirror the same level of innovation, sophistication and creativity that goes into developing our products, particularly as we enter a new era.  We have made a number of new site enhancements that we believe will ultimately ensure a more positive user experience."    

The new www.midway.com offers easy navigation so visitors can obtain the latest information on Midway's upcoming games, as well as learn more about the company.  In addition to viewing individual game web pages and online assets, visitors can also access a variety of fan forums and play classic Midway titles.  The site also boasts improvements to its search, preview and downloading capabilities making it even easier to download video clips, game trailers and information on Midway's latest promotions.

Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Midway Website Gets Redesign
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 09:52:23 AM »
...and it's not compatible with Mozilla browsers!  At least not as far as I can see.  Checked it out on IE, looks nice, but there's nothing really amazing about it...I'd like to see a gaming corporation dare to go for a simplified design.  Practically all mainstream gaming sites, whether publishers, media, or sometimes even developers, seem to have really complex site designs with tons of graphics fighting for my attention.

In other news, I checked out the L.A. Rush page while I was there.  Looks nice, but at the same time it feels like they've turned it into just another street racer.  I don't remember if it's slated to come to GameCube (I don't think so) but I won't miss it as much as I might have thought.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX