Gaming Forums > General Gaming

Deadline December 2021!

(1/9) > >>

Khushrenada:
Much better than Indie-cember! It's Deadline December!  ;)

With the end of the year almost here, what games are you hoping or trying to complete and wrap-up before the end of this year? Combining the fun of having to get an assignment in on time along with the stress of the holidays, it's the best Community Gaming Event yet!

Sort of like Backlaugust, just list off what is you would like to wrap up on this side of 2021 and post in here how it's going through the month of December. Simple!

Khushrenada:
For myself, I'd like to finish the following games:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Stated playing this in November after wrapping up Metroid Dread. After playing quite a bit of it on the Wii U, I hadn't really bothered to do much with this game on Switch. In fact, I hardly did much with 200cc mode when that came out. However, coming back to this game now, I've come to appreciate just how good this package. A lot of really great courses. And I've ended up getting 3 Stars for all the Cups on all Modes including 200cc. I'm just trying to unlock the last gold kart pieces now. As such, I'm now going the 150cc Time Trials. Much nicer as well is that only 5,000 coins are required to unlock one of the parts unlike MK7 and its 10,000 coin requirement for one of the parts. I'm over 4300 currently just from racing and getting all those 3 Star Cups and Time Trials will surely get me much closer to that as well. Should have this wrapped up pretty soon.

Shantae GBC - Have this on the 3DS VC. Have also been playing it here and there. Am currently on the hunt for the 4th Labyrinth. Would like to get back to it this month and wrap it up.

Part Time UFO - Another game I've been playing off and on with MK8. I've beaten the game but there's still a bunch of other tasks to accomplish in it. I'd like to get those extra things done to put a bow on it and wrap it up.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Remember me talking about this back at the end of Backlaugust and into September? Guess what? I still haven't wrapped it up!  :-[ When I last left this game, I had gotten to the final stage of the last boss and proceeded to completely choke and play it poorly. I know I should be able to get it done but it's just the time it takes of having to get through all of that Phaaze planet and the Dark Samus / Aurora Unit fights that has kept me from loading this game up again for the past few months. However, I definitely want to finish 2021 with this finally done.

Hello Kitty Roller Rescue - Another leftover from Backlaugust. Beat the game but there were a few collectables/unlockables that I've meant to get so as to mark this game complete and wrapped up. Want to get that done also.

Luigi's Mansion GC - The first time I played Luigi's Mansion, I was about 5,000,000 short of getting the A rank mansion. Which isn't that much based on the game's currency. I was very close. I started doing the Hidden Mansion 2nd Quest but my interest petered out at some point and I never got around to finishing it. Then I did the Luigi's Mansion Mafia game and thought about getting back to it in order to give me some more inspiration for that game but the game started before that happened. I know it's a shorter game so I'd like to finally go back and replay it again after 4 years or so since first playing it and also get that final goal accomplished.

Pikmin GC - I've played this a game a lot because, for awhile, it was one of only five GC games I owned in the early GC days. But then, I got an income and suddenly it was easy to start getting all the games I wanted. Now, I've still got GameCube games to this day I have yet to play! What a time to be alive! About 10 years ago, I had some data on one of my GameCube memory cards get corrupted and I lost my Pikmin save data. I figured it be easy enough to pop this in at some point and beat it again. So easy that I've yet to do so. With my next Mafia game being Pikmin themed, I'd like to replay this now also and refresh my memory of the Pikmin franchise. Again, it's short enough that I think there's a good chance of squeezing it in when holiday time comes around at the end of the month.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - And now we come to the big one. The game that dominated my first half of 2021. This was pretty much all I was playing through the first 4 months of the year although there were also periods where I wasn't playing it because of having to move and other life tasks. I had gotten to the point of getting flight for my Skell and then my interest in the game crashed because there wasn't that many new and exciting things to see after getting flight and all it seemed to do was show me a bunch of high level creatures meaning I had more grinding ahead of me. I was not in the mood for more grinding after all the time I had spent up to that point. Yet, now enough time has passed that I'm ready to get back in that cycle. While I don't expect to fully complete XCX in December, I do think I can get through the rest of the story and at least beat the game for this month. We'll see how much more I stick at it afterwards. Having been such a large part of my 2021, I do think I should at least beat it before this year is up.

8 games. That's my December Deadline Mission.

Although maybe I can get to 10. I'd also like to finish Mario's Super Picross on the Switch SNES app and I suppose I should just look up a FAQ to figure out where the few bonuses are in some DKC levels that I've forgotten about and just cannot find to also wrap that game up.

TOPHATANT123:
If I can finish 3 more games I'll hit 52 completed games for the year. Mostly on account of not really playing many JRPGs this year and playing a lot more story games.

In December I'd like to finish with...

Horizon Zero Dawn - Been playing this on and off all year, about 70 hours in. I like the combat and the story is getting pretty cool, but I think the game has room for improvement with things like side quests and progression.

Robotics;Notes Elite - So far I'm enjoying this visual novel, having finished the first chapter. The writing is funny and cute, but like Stein's;Gate there is something mysterious lurking beneath the surface. They've already played with some clever twists on tropes and I'm interested to see where it goes next. It's also got some neat features I really appreciate like an in-game calendar and map, to help immerse you in the world.

Shin Megami Tensei 5 - Loving every moment with this. A master class in game design. For me it's always "one more boss battle" or "one more demon fusion". The game is so addictive and even on hard the level of challenge has been perfect.

M.K.Ultra:
I have been in the middle of two big games for a while now and hope to have both finished by the end of the month/year.
Fallout 4 - I am about halfway through the main campaign but usually do a few side quests between each main mission. I think I have spent about 50 hours on it, maybe 50 to go. I am hoping to get this completed before I get a PS5 (which is taking forever).

Astral Chain - I played this when it first came out on casual. It was fun but I did not bother with getting collectibles, side quests, or S+ ranks. Well I am back replaying on the standard difficulty and doing all those things. Also about halfway done. It really is a great game with a lot of content. I want to finish this before starting SMT5.

BeautifulShy:
Khushrenada with Metroid Prime 3 is it that you are trying to finish it on Hyper Mode like I was or is it the normal difficulty?

TopHatAnt123 with Horizon Zero Dawn what is your fave aspect of the game?

MKBungle Astrial Chain is so fun and I really need to finish it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version