Community Forums > NWR Mafia Games

Mafia LXXXV: Metroid Dread. Game Over! Postgame Breakdown and Analysis Thread.

<< < (3/8) > >>

Mop it up:

--- Quote from: MASB on April 06, 2020, 11:27:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: Lucario on April 06, 2020, 11:15:34 PM ---The members where:
Me
MASB
isanolord
Bshy
Steef
nickmitch
shyguy
and on the last 2 days
rabicle

--- End quote ---

Don't forget Mop It Up! :)

--- End quote ---
I'm used to being under-appreciated, hee hee. I even took a bullet for Steefosaurus so Dark Samus wouldn't get the Metroid!

NWR_insanolord:
I had the option of taking Stratos or Luigi Dude to kill with my power and I chose the wrong one. It's like Mafia crossed with Safe Words.

Khushrenada:
Day 4 - A turning point

Players turn up to vote and they are after townie blood! End of the day vote is:

Lucario - 4 votes (Townie Doctor)
NWR_insanolord - 4 votes (Townie Vigilante)
Luigi Dude - 3 votes (Regular Townie)

Surprisingly, the players are cool with letting the vote go to another tiebreak which means Kraid doesn't have to use a vote manipulation to target whomever he'd like. Out of nowhere, Kraid targets stevey. Steef said to me later near the end it was a lucky guess but I'm surprised he went for it when he could have chose to eliminate no one.

As for the Mafia, they are feeling very good at this point about their chances of victory. I was included in their conversations (thank you so much for that) so I know what I'm saying there. Although the loss of players has been slow, I guess they felt they were slowly but surely working towards victory. They decide to do another recon. Mr. Bungle investigates Steefosaurus and Stevey has the smarts to investigate GK. Unfortunately, because Steefosaurus makes stevey the Day's target, Stevey can not complete his recon and the Mafia never learn GK's identity.

Dark Samus, however, has a big hit on TheFleece and gets a Power Bomb. For the first time this game, a Samus has an item. Just like that, the Mafia is dealt a crippling blow.

As for MASB, he decides to use his investigation and the one he saved from yesterday to investigate Lucario and Mop it up. Lucario is Ridley and Mop it up is a townie. Since the Godfather is dead and no Samus has acquired a morph ball, the MASB can trust the Mop it up investigation and a townie alliance begins. I don't know the extant of it but somehow the townie alliance grows to include Steefosaurus, Insanolord, and ShyGuy. At this point, the townie roles all seem to know each other.

Lucario (or someone) mentions that there have been screenshots of players showing their roles to each other. I'll be darned if I let one of my games come undone by that strategy. Although I sent out role messages to everyone including the townies, I also knew they were all individually crafted so there was no form letter to compare. Yet, a lot of the players in the game right now would not be from past games and know that I'd be willing to create and fake a role message for them if they desired. So, I make sure that option is known to the Mafia and Dark Samus as well as in the Day Thread in case anyone takes advantage of it so that no can claim to be unaware of this trickery later. I'm not sure it will make much difference but I later hear that it did create some doubt which is as it should be.

Day 4 also started the bizarre trend of issues with editing votes. BeautifulShy made a comment about it in the Dead Thread but I didn't really care that much how it was going. Still, I had a feeling that the old rule I used of editing was probably there in the rules I copied and pasted from an old game. It was and so I brought it up in the thread. This annoyed some players at having to get things just so but I still think it is for the best to make sure that it is clear how votes are tallied at the end and not the host deciding which votes to count and which are obsolete. For whatever reason, it would continue to be a point of contention this game so I may have to rethink how to handle it but I did not think it was that difficult to edit an old post so that the letters un are added to the front of a vote and the bolding is removed. Not just one part of that equation but both parts: un and no bold.

In any case, the townies are looking like this will be their game to lose at the start of Day 5.

Khushrenada:

--- Quote from: NWR_insanolord on April 06, 2020, 11:37:30 PM ---I had the option of taking Stratos or Luigi Dude to kill with my power and I chose the wrong one. It's like Mafia crossed with Safe Words.

--- End quote ---

I think you mean GK instead of Stratos but the point still stands. You and 50/50 choices are a recipe for disaster.

NWR_insanolord:

--- Quote from: Khushrenada on April 06, 2020, 11:40:13 PM ---
--- Quote from: NWR_insanolord on April 06, 2020, 11:37:30 PM ---I had the option of taking Stratos or Luigi Dude to kill with my power and I chose the wrong one. It's like Mafia crossed with Safe Words.

--- End quote ---

I think you mean GK instead of Stratos but the point still stands. You and 50/50 choices are a recipe for disaster.

--- End quote ---

No, the townie alliance had decided on the second to last day that we were going to kill Stratos and Luigi Dude, and I had the choice of which one I wanted to use my ability on and which one we'd use the vote for. If I'd went the other way I'd have survived until the end.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version