Author Topic: Nintendo UK, Green Man Gaming Enter Partnership  (Read 1576 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Nintendo UK, Green Man Gaming Enter Partnership
« on: September 18, 2015, 09:27:57 AM »

eShop titles will now be available on a major independent code retailer.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/41181/nintendo-uk-green-man-gaming-enter-partnership

Nintendo fans in the UK have a new option for eShop titles as PC game seller GreenManGaming has added Nintendo titles to the catalogue.

The agreement, announced today with the help of Charles Martinet, will cover the UK for now but could apply to other territories eventually. Games are sold at standard UK eShop prices and the site's percentage-off vouchers do not work, but existing store credit will. Currently, 24 titles are on the store with more to come "in the next few weeks".

The following games are on the site currently:

• 3DS Retail: Ocarina of Time 3D, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, New Super Mario Bros 2, Animal Crossing New Leaf*, Bravely Default, Tomodachi Life*, Super Smash Bros, Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, Majora's Mask 3D, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (* titles are £34.99, all others £39.99)
  • Wii U Retail: New Super Mario Bros U, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, Yoshi's Woolly World (£39.99), Super Mario Maker (£34.99; all others £49.99)
  • Wii U Virtual Console: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda (NES: £3.49), Super Mario World, F-Zero, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Mario Kart (SNES: £5.49)
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline moon

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo UK, Green Man Gaming Enter Partnership
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 05:04:04 PM »
Sorry to be negative, but I can't see this making them any more money. Never even heard of Green Man Gaming... but why would you not just use the eShop? Especially if they're the same price. I guess it's handy if you want to gift someone...

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 05:11:26 PM »
Why? The only people I can see using this service are suckers that try buying the games for their pcs only to find out they don't work. If I wanted to trust someone with my credit card information it would be with Nintendo, not some random 3rd party vendor. Or you could even just buy the eshop cards with cash.

Offline Bnuyen

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 05:17:27 PM »
wow pretty nice discounts there.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 09:04:07 PM »
GMG hands out account credit quite regularly, according to PC users. And it's an added convenience since you don't always have access to the eShop.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 02:24:33 AM »
Pretty sweet for those that are frequent customers and have credit to use.

Offline Neifirst

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2015, 04:17:51 AM »
That Nintendo mobile/universal ID system roll out must be getting close between this arrangement and the new Amazon store.

Offline Mythtendo

• My rims never spin, to the contrary, you'll find that they're quite stationary
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 12:21:44 PM »
Having more options to buy eShop games is never a bad thing. Like if you are at work and decide you want to buy a game, you can just go to Amazon or Green Man Gaming and buy it. I've never used GMG myself, but i'm aware of it and it's one of the bigger digital game stores out there  (they have over 5,200 games).