Author Topic: Chance for another Zelda at E3?  (Read 7199 times)

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Chance for another Zelda at E3?
« on: April 23, 2003, 11:07:12 AM »
  I think the chances are pretty good for both a new Zelda and Mario this year. I think they've been working on these games since they started the others.   I hope that they DON'T scale down the difficulty of Mario.  I enjoyed the challenge, but for some reason, people complain and Nintendo is listening.  D'oh!  And Zelda, cell shaded or not, will be great as we all know...

This is topic 667(had to get rid of the number of the beast)
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline SSJBonacci2

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2003, 11:18:11 AM »
I would love to see a new Zelda at E3!! There was 2 Zeldas for N64 why the hell cant there be 2 (or more) for the Cube? I also read a post that said something about the nintendo power mag having a weird picture in it that said something about E3 and the pic looked like Link soo... there is a good chance!!

LOL the number of the beast... good job getting rid of it your a good man  
I am the prince of all Sayains once again!!!!

THE DAY IS SOON WHEN CHRIST WILL RETURN!!!! WILL YOU BE WITH HIM?!? GET READY!!!

Offline SSJBonacci2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2003, 11:27:24 AM »
Here i found the post about the Nintendo power mag...

Originally posted by: ThePerm
i got my new nintendo power mag yesterday...it shows a sillouette of something on the last page...it says here is the shape of whats to come at e3....the shape is the hero of time.

Im sure you already read it but here it is anyways.

THE DAY IS SOON WHEN CHRIST WILL RETURN!!!! WILL YOU BE WITH HIM?!? GET READY!!!

Offline XBR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2003, 11:36:20 AM »
I bet that Link is their for Soul Caliber 2, but that doesnt mean that i dont hope it is a new Zelda!
Rocko's Modern Life....
       ...the good ole days

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2003, 11:49:26 AM »
i really doubt it...it would be nice though.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2003, 12:19:47 PM »
No its not Soul Calibur becuase they have already done an E3 article about it...plus I saw the picture, looks round and smooth (Cel-Shaded?)

This could be the real deal.

*passes out*
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline dmcollin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2003, 12:55:33 PM »
I think i new zelda is very possible, shiggy said there would be another zelda and mario.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2003, 01:18:49 PM »
At most they would be tech demos, so don't get too excited.

Offline "Sky"

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2003, 01:20:41 PM »
Miyamoto has confirmed another Zelda will be done for the GCN.

However, I HOPE that this isn't another Zelda and hope it's just Soul Calibur II Link.

It is way too early to announce another Zelda. Plus I want Nintendo to work on new and original titles rather than rely on sequels all the way. Hopefully Miyamoto will focus on NEW franchises as he said last E3.

Offline Smadte

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2003, 01:35:07 PM »
There's a new Zelda for GBA. That's probably it.

Offline SSJBonacci2

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2003, 01:36:38 PM »
Why would link from soul caliber II be at E3? Didnt it already get released? I hope it is a new zelda but we'll just have to wait till E3. Hell it could even be a new SSB for all we know! I didnt get my Nintendo power yet either so....ya.. Im just waiting to see that

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2003, 01:40:27 PM »
I was just checking out my NP and so since all of you don't get it, I'll take some time to explain the Link picture to you.  At the back of the magazine, they preview the next issue, this time there was that picture of Link shadowed so you can't see what he looks like.  Just above it, the headline reads "E3 preview: Massive Surprises."  Now to my thoughts, it looks like the same model that appeared in Soul Caliber2, so that was my first thought; however, SC2 isn't a surprise, it's already been confirmed by both Nintendo and Namco that Link was in the title.  However, I think it is a terrible idea to unveil a new Zelda this early,  with Zelda: WW just having been released and not yet released in PAL territories (I may be wrong about that), a new one this early would hurt sales.  Well, that's all I've got to say, any questions about the picture, feel free to ask.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline "Sky"

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2003, 01:50:05 PM »

Originally posted by: Smadte
There's a new Zelda for GBA. That's probably it.

Hmm... well... it has been confirmed that Capcom is developing the next Zelda for the GBA.

Offline StRaNgE

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2003, 01:57:53 PM »
why would it hurt sales? I'd buy both and I assume most  of you would as well.
It might help sales of the system to push even farther forward.

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2003, 02:04:11 PM »

why would it hurt sales? I'd buy both and I assume most of you would as well.
It would hurt sales because of the people who are "boycotting" the new Zelda because of the style, now there is even less of a chance for them to break down and buy WW, no matter how many perfect scores it has gotten.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2003, 02:10:18 PM »
"It would hurt sales because of the people who are 'boycotting' the new Zelda because of the style"

I seriously doubt anyone that idiotic and immature is ever going to buy Wind Waker anyway.  Why should the rest of us, the REAL Zelda fans, have to wait longer for a new title just because a few jerks might "break down" and buy a game they're not interested in for all the wrong reasons?

Offline GoHuskers

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2003, 02:21:25 PM »
It would be really cool if it was a preview for a new GCN Zelda game or a new Smash Bros game, but the chances are it's just the new GBA Zelda game.

Offline alexsktbrdng

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2003, 04:24:24 PM »
is there anything wrong with a new zelda for gba?  

Answer: No

wait, also, when is E3?

Offline Ninja X

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2003, 04:31:38 PM »
I think Zelda's getting milked if they announce another one at E3.
I got some killaz on my payroll.

Offline Smadte

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2003, 04:37:00 PM »
I prefer A Link To The Past to any other Zelda game. The new GBA game should be somewhat like it, I'm hoping. I hope they use the old SNES look for the new game.  

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2003, 04:49:09 PM »
Is it that much of a shock? there were 2 zeldas on the NES 2 on the super famicon, 2 on the N64 and 3 on the GB, and 2 on the GBA so it wouldnt shock me to see one more before the Gamecube goes away

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2003, 04:49:11 PM »
It wouldn't hurt sales at all.  If it was announced, Nintendo wouldn't release it until christmas anyway.  And that would be fine by me.  

Just announcing it, or showing an early build of the game doesn't mean it comes out soon.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2003, 06:30:20 PM »
i personally would love to see another zelda come about now
it could be interesting to see which system it would come out for- i'd prefer gc but gba suits me well
i call the big one bitey.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2003, 04:46:46 AM »
hrm 2003.. wait till atleast 2004 before a new zelda is out, i dont know about you lot but i play my zelda games to death rather wait a bit between them

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2003, 05:09:31 AM »
Metroid Prime 2 and possibly Mario 128 will be released in 2004, so  there is a gap in the 2003 christmass for the Big N, while i love Mario Kart, thats not enough of a Killer App, especially against Socom 2 of Sony.... maybe nintendo wants a killer app for 2003 christmass, since GTA 4 and Halo 2 wont be released in 2003, so the other 2 dont have a legitimate Killer App,