Author Topic: Just for Kicks...  (Read 8099 times)

Offline temjin11

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Just for Kicks...
« on: April 22, 2003, 07:00:10 PM »
What do you do in any of the zelda games thats pointless but fun?

Ex: In OoT I liked to hit the skulltula people in the back.  Also in WW, I like to see what I can do to miniblins (the little annoying rat like things that go "Nah-Nah" with my hammer, or making link fall in the ice on ice ring isle.

what pointless things do you do?
If we could only look at things we could afford we'd all be looking at crap.

Except video games...

Offline BoB007

• Secret undercover Bob or something
    • View Profile
Just for Kicks...
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2003, 07:33:06 PM »
I enjoy beating innocent civilians with my sword. I also like to see how far i can get by backflipping

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Just for Kicks...
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2003, 09:15:40 AM »
drown pigs in ww
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BoB007

• Secret undercover Bob or something
    • View Profile
Just for Kicks...
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2003, 09:42:50 AM »
I also like to drown the pigs in WW. Especially the really fat one in Outset.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Just for Kicks...
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2003, 10:08:00 AM »
I like to fight chickens.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
Just for Kicks...
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2003, 10:13:47 AM »
i like to have the chickens attack me and try to see how long i can last without getting hit.
Money for war but not enough to feed the poor - TuPac

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Just for Kicks...
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2003, 11:48:55 AM »
Checkout the chicks.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Ninja X

• View Profile
Just for Kicks...
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2003, 12:23:29 PM »
Drown pigs.  That and threaten people with my sword.
I got some killaz on my payroll.

Offline temjin11

• View Profile
Just for Kicks...
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2003, 01:18:48 PM »
yeah, pigs are fun.  Heres a weird glitch: If you throw all three pigs on windfall island into the water and give the guy that says hes good with money 3 skull necklaces,  then you can easily catch the pigs because they're swimming on land in their usual spots. Try it. You'll get 50 rupees.

you know, why did they replace cuccoos with pigs? If you make them mad, they try to kill you, and if you make a big one made, it's like being hit by an Iron Knuckle.

Hey, just to add to the first post, anyone got any weird glitches?  once in OoT, there was a gold slultilla in kakriko village that was gliched out and acting strangely.  and in MM you can play as the feirce diety on day 3 after 8pm in sakkons hideout. make link wear the bunny hood and when you play as the other person in the small puzzle, you switch it to the fierce diety mask in the pase screen and when you turn back to link he'll put it on.

so, glitches anyone?

Except video games...

Offline Kimchi

• View Profile
Just for Kicks...
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2003, 07:05:02 AM »
Wind Waker:

I like to break Sue-Bell's pots by chucking another pot at her face.
I also like to bust out the Wind Waker and randomly move around both the control sticks; It looks hilarious.  If you haven't tried it, do so next time you happen to have it out.
Sometimes, when sailing, I like to jump and then try to jump again as soon as I hit the water; If you time it just right, you just barely land before you go up again.  It's fun...
Oh, and I also like to snipe the other people in the Windfall Island auction... I mean, sure it's evil, but it's a good way to win.

Link's Awakening:

Stealing stuff from the Mabe Village store is always fun... The only problem is what happens when you come back to the store.  The shopkeeper for some reason has magical laser beams at his command and kills you in an instant.  Of course, I always got a big kick out of everyone calling me "THIEF."  
AC name: Kimchi
AC town: Kakariko

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Just for Kicks...
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2003, 03:24:16 PM »
OoT:
Chickens, of course.  I like to chop em up then run to Epona before they can get to me.
Put on masks and make up alternate storylines, usually after I beat the game.  My imagination is overactive.
I did tons of other stuff in this game, too, but God knows what. . .

WW: Recently I've been trying pigs, but more often I like to get as high as I can and try to jump into my boat from that height.  I usually can't but it's fun (without the deku leaf, of course).  I also like to dodge enemies and make them hit each other.  I can sometimes win battles with one sword slash.  My last thing I can think of off hand is target practice with my bow and arrows.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
Just for Kicks...
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2003, 05:41:54 PM »

Hey, just to add to the first post, anyone got any weird glitches? once in OoT, there was a gold slultilla in kakriko village that was gliched out and acting strangely. and in MM you can play as the feirce diety on day 3 after 8pm in sakkons hideout. make link wear the bunny hood and when you play as the other person in the small puzzle, you switch it to the fierce diety mask in the pase screen and when you turn back to link he'll put it on.

Once, when I was stand right on the edge of a step, I swung my sword, which made me backup ever so slightly, I then fell through the ground and into the ocean. It was cool, only happened once though.
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline Gonmon

• View Profile
Just for Kicks...
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2003, 11:02:32 AM »
Heh...

WW:

Sometimes, just for kicks, I crawl around in first person view and act like I'm sneaking up and spying on people. I dunno exactly why I do this, but heck, it's fun.
Here's a glitch I noticed: While crawling around in FPV on WindFall, I tried crawling up the stairs, and for some reason, the sword icon flashed on the B button. It was kind of strange, and it only happens if you are going up or down a stair case while crawling. Unfortunately, you can't pull your sword out, but you might be able to.... hmmm...

OoT:
I like playing around when I start a game over, by walking everywhere instead of running, actually roleplaying, making myself take naps and such to regain energy.. that sort of wierd stuff.

Offline temjin11

• View Profile
Just for Kicks...
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2003, 05:18:49 PM »
to add to koopa troopas post, in MM youre able to roll into the right side of sakkon's door.  It takes a few tries, but roll into the little crack on the right side.  Eventually you will jump into the ocean and oblivion, but you can also enter the hideout before it opens at 8pm on the third day.

Except video games...

Offline Locke Cole

• View Profile
Just for Kicks...
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2003, 05:28:47 PM »
I like to just sail around... its relaxing for me, and i like the sound of the ocean, the only thing that sucks is when im attacked.

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
Just for Kicks...
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2003, 04:04:29 PM »
I like to sail around and jump.......but while i'm jumping I twirl the camera so it kinda looks lilke the matrix. Pointless....

I like to lay bombs, becuase I am a bomberman at heart.

"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline Joey

• View Profile
Just for Kicks...
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2003, 08:35:14 PM »
One thing I like to do is to make Ocra(sp) man. If you hit him enough times with the sword when you are not deuling he will get mad and yell at you. It will be so loud that Link gets scared and flies backwards.

Also in LA I like to press the arrow and bomb buttons together because that combines the items forming an exploding arrow.  

Offline Black Knight

• View Profile
Just for Kicks...
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2003, 10:39:59 AM »
I like to get the giant pig in Outset Isle, climb all the way to the top, and toss him off. Just try it once, it's the funniest thing in the world to see him spinning in almost slow motion as he falls...sadly he doesn't become a giant spot when he hits the ground...oh well...
If we're in the Matrix, Microsoft would be the machines, Sony the mindless masses, and Nintendo would be Neo before he realizes his true potential. I've been watching too much god damned tv...

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
Just for Kicks...
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2003, 12:43:59 PM »
I like your sig, black knight

I like using up all my ammo in games, too.  Just now I laid all 99 of my bombs (3 at a time) and attacked them, practically killing myself.  Twas fun.  Going around the empty forsaken fortress is also fun for a while.
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
RE: Just for Kicks...
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2003, 12:59:37 PM »
I would love to stop playing Wind Waker and draw it.  I want to draw the people, I want to draw the islands, I want to draw the monsters, I want to draw Tetra's room.  I want to draw everything!  But sadly I have too many things to draw and too many games to play, so I will never realize my dream.

I like to just wander around and look at everything - in every game!  I hate it when 3D games don't include a "look around" view, and I love it if the game includes an item with a telescopic viewer.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Sir Kero

• View Profile
Just for Kicks...
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2003, 05:01:01 PM »
I have this problem of experimenting with baddies, just to see what I can and can't do with them.
In WW it's really great to see them kill eachother, or fall off platforms to drown in the ocean.

I also spent alot of time making my own sea chart, with platforms, giant squid, almost everything actually... that wasn't entirely useless thouigh, it helped me keep track of what I'd accomplished already.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
Just for Kicks...
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2003, 06:38:27 PM »
Yeah, I love to cut the ropes on bridges and make the baddies fall into the lava/whatever below and die.  I've found that bombs are the safest method, since you have time to get off, and it makes it fall down instantly.

Offline GoHuskers

• View Profile
Just for Kicks...
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2003, 09:37:42 AM »

Hey, just to add to the first post, anyone got any weird glitches?  once in OoT, there was a gold slultilla in kakriko village that was gliched out and acting strangely.  and in MM you can play as the feirce diety on day 3 after 8pm in sakkons hideout. make link wear the bunny hood and when you play as the other person in the small puzzle, you switch it to the fierce diety mask in the pase screen and when you turn back to link he'll put it on.

so, glitches anyone?

Once I was playing Majora's Mask and I went into the building where you play Bombachu bowling or whatever it was and once I was done with that I came out of the building and my sword had turned into an ocarina. I kid you not. I'd hit b and he'd just whip out his ocarina. Luckily, I hadn't saved so I wasn't stuck with the ocarina in place of my sword. I really wish I had taken a picture of it though.

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2003, 11:00:31 AM »
In Ocarina of Time there was a glitch that let you get 100 gold skulltullas easily. There was a hidden hold somewhere near a lone tree in north Hyrule Field near the Castle. Go inside as Young Link, and stand in from of the teleporting pad. Kill the skulltulla. Then, throw the boomerang to get the Token. Once the boomerang has the token, backflip onto the pad before the boomerang reaches you. If done correctly you'll get the token but the Skulltulla will still be there! Rinse and Repeat.

In Wind Waker, I like to whip out the Wind Waker, and move the analog sticks around in crazy, erratic, and random patters to make Link "dance". It's funny as heck.  

Oh, and I go into the Savage Labyrinth and see what kind of crazy things I can do to the enemies. Hurricane Spinning in the room with like 50 ChuChus of different colors is great. Did you know that you can hit an electric ChuChu with a Hurricane Spin? As long as they don't touch Link's body you won't get hurt. So what I like to do is "trim" them by spinning along the edges of their groups.
And the harder, funner, and much more manly way to get armor off of the Darknuts is to simply hit the armor (it will Ding and vibrate if you get a hit, doesn't count if you hit the gauntlets or shield) several times to destroy it. If you have a group of Darknuts (read: last floor), do Hurrican Spins to break through and kill their armor. It's easy as heck to charge one up, since the Darknut you are targeting will put his sword behind him as if he's about to break into a Hurrican Spin as well...
On and in big battles, I like to throw bombs and fire arrows EVERYWHERE. It's madness.

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2003, 11:53:40 AM »
Like Locke Cole, I enjoy just sailing around, or get in the middle of the ocean and watch the sun rise and set...

I've also arranged the camera as I sail such that when the sun rises it is right behind the boat so the glare is right in your face, but it has one of those "epic traveling" feelings so it all.

Oh, and controlling seaguls is a national pasttime for me as well.  Oh so much fun!!
Gaming is more than entertainment, it's a lifestyle.

USA Allied Wallpaper