Author Topic: The Orka Challenge  (Read 5602 times)

Offline telaris

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
The Orka Challenge
« on: April 05, 2003, 04:37:49 PM »
Okay let me start off by saying WW has been the most enjoyable experience for me ever on a single player game. Just so much to do, never have I played a game for 5 straight hours before. Anyway about that minigame where you fight Orka ive hit him 500 times and he gave me a piece of heart. If i hit him a thousand times will anything happen like money or something?  

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
The Orka Challenge
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2003, 06:55:53 PM »
I've read that the only thing that happens is that Orca will stop the fight and that he will then give you the title "Master". Seems like a pretty sh!tty reward for all of that trouble. I mean I haven't even been able to get 500 yet and the few times I have tried it gets very boring very quick. I can't imagine going all the way to a 1,000 and on top of it just getting the title "Master" for all that hard work would suck.

Anyway if you have any tips for getting 500 would you mind sharing them.  
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
The Orka Challenge
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2003, 07:09:52 PM »
You are only supposed to get to 500 for your reward - a piece of heart. If you want to you fight him more, but he will call of the match if you get to 1000...

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
The Orka Challenge
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2003, 07:17:39 PM »
Yes, but he will also give you the title "Master" for getting a 1,000. At least that's what I have read at multiple places.
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
The Orka Challenge
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2003, 07:05:53 AM »
I got up to 442 hits one time and then the asshole hit me while I was rolling to the side for a parry move... It's just so annoying.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Kimchi

• View Profile
The Orka Challenge
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2003, 08:43:16 AM »
*frustrated*

I got 999.  It took me a damn long time, and he finally knocked me down the third time right after I got 999.
AC name: Kimchi
AC town: Kakariko

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
The Orka Challenge
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2003, 09:03:24 AM »
Ouch- that really sucks, Kimchi.

Anyway, what I did was attack Orca with 1 or maybe 2, if you can fit it in, of Link's combos. Then I stop and wait for the A-activated parry to come up, hit A, then repeat. When I finall figured that out, I got several hundred before he hit me once.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline GoHuskers

• View Profile
The Orka Challenge
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2003, 01:38:13 PM »
It's all about patience. The parry attack may look cool and it counts as two hits, but I would not recommend using it. For one thing it seems like the only way he hits me is if I've used the parry attack. Secondly, it's just too dangerous. If you mess up the timing you're dead. The method I used was to L-target him (of course) and just hit him with a simple vertical slice. You can get around 3-4 hits in before he tries to hit you. As he begins his swing simply backflip away and continue vertically slicing him. It takes a LONG time, but it's very efficient. I got to around 650 or so before I let him kill me. He didn't mention anything special about 1000 so I didn't care to try it again. Remember it's all about patience.

Offline Chris150

• View Profile
The Orka Challenge
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2003, 02:59:49 PM »
I found that if i perform a parry attack faster than when it makes the noise then i don't get hit. I really wish the area in which you fight was a lot bigger, i always mess up when i back orca into a wall.
AC Info:
Town: PsiWater
Name: Chris(space before the C)

The Orka Challenge
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2003, 05:08:04 PM »
I don't see what was so hard about Master Orca's challenge...  I got up to the 600 mark easily, and only took one hit getting there.  I had to let him hit me a couple more times in order to end the match and get the heart piece.

It's all in the shield...
"Get yer stinkin hand off me ya damn dirty floormaster!"

--Me in the Earth Temple

Offline Chris150

• View Profile
The Orka Challenge
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2003, 05:22:16 PM »

It's all in the shield...

I like to show off to much to use a shield...
AC Info:
Town: PsiWater
Name: Chris(space before the C)

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
The Orka Challenge
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2003, 08:11:07 PM »
He gives up at 1000. I had my brother do it once I made it to 499 and failed (he gets nasty at that point.) My brother said after that you can just use the defensive parry attacks to take him down. Nothing really special though.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
The Orka Challenge
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2003, 09:43:45 PM »
I got him 712 times.  I am much too impatient to press further.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline ArmchairAthlete

• View Profile
The Orka Challenge
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2003, 09:57:03 PM »
Here's the easy way to get maxed out hits (1000) without needing almost any timing skills. The "cheap" way if you will.

Target him, and just press B repeatedly but slowly enough so that you won't start doing that whirly twirly crap that'll let you get hit by him. Now whenever he tries to hit you just press R to raise your shield, it is the quickest and safest way to defend against him. You can tell he's gonna attack pretty easy... he'll raise his spear, you can hear your sword hit his spear (the sound), the rumble letting you know you could parry (don't parry), sword turning green, "A" button flash, sound Orca makes, etc. And try to keep him in the open so your sword doesn't smack a wall or an object messing you up, you're safest in the middle.

Eventually he says "enough" and tells you he lost count of how many times he got hit. He calls you his master and gives you a piece of heart.

One last thing is that you should use the Master Sword since that Hero Sword has shorter range I believe. So it is best to try this after Tower of Gods.  
-------------------------------
http://armchair.8m.com

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
Wind Waker: The Orca Challenge
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2003, 03:50:41 PM »
my friend got 1000 hits on his 3rd try (ever)

he recieved the title of "master"

thats it =/.

Offline TheGlueBubble

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2003, 04:39:25 PM »
On my fifth try I got to 1000 without getting hit once. My advice until 800: Do a 4 hit combo, parry, jump slash, sheild. Repeat. Once you get to 800 he gets really nasty so I would hit him about 3 times then back away with your sheild.

GC games: Wind Waker, OOT/MQ, Ikaruga, Mario Sunshine, SSBM,  Resident Evil, Timesplitters 2, Animal Crossing

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2003, 07:33:40 AM »
yeah i got to 715 easily with just l-targeting and shield blocking
you just keep slicing at him untill you hear a clank, then you hold r to block (works like a charm)
the a button parry move gives you 2 hits instead of 1 but he can still hit you when you do it
i would just suggest hitting him untill you hear a clank and then immediately hold r to block
i call the big one bitey.