Author Topic: Super Smash Bros Melee  (Read 6448 times)

Offline T-Tiger

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Super Smash Bros Melee
« on: March 16, 2003, 01:17:30 PM »
I was just wondering...has ANYONE beaten the whole game? That is...gotten all the secret characters, stages, events AND all the trophies...its quite an exhausting task to accomplish...

be honest here people!

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Super Smash Bros Melee
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2003, 01:24:33 PM »
Nope. I've got 253 trophies, all characters and all but three stages, but I've only opened 29 of the 51 event stages. I know I will never get all the trophies, since one involves getting through the entire game without getting hit ONCE.

Offline CrYpTiC

• View Profile
Super Smash Bros Melee
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2003, 01:25:11 PM »
I've gotten everything except all the trophies. I am currently playing NFL2K3 and OoT so I dont have much time to play SSBM unless its multiplayer.
Best Browser Available
http://www.mozilla.org
Download Phoenix today!
Screw IE!

Offline Rogue

• View Profile
Super Smash Bros Melee
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2003, 01:38:15 PM »
I have everything and 283 trophies.

Offline GoHuskers

• View Profile
Super Smash Bros Melee
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2003, 01:51:45 PM »

since one involves getting through the entire game without getting hit ONCE.

Is this true?!! I think I only need 1-2 more and if that quote is true I might as well give up trying. I was never that great at adventure, classic or all-star anyway. Multiplayer is the mode for me.

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
Super Smash Bros Melee
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2003, 01:54:08 PM »
I've gotten sound test which means I've unlocked and beaten everything. So the only thing I don't have is all the trophies...

That getting through the game without getting hit is bull. Whoever told you that is lying. Anyone can get all the trophies. If you screw up, you can always try again. The only ones you might not be able to get are the ones that require a saved game on the memory card. For example, if you have a pikmin save file on your mem. card you can get some pikmin trophies...

Offline cubehead

• View Profile
Super Smash Bros Melee
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2003, 01:54:11 PM »
took like 4 months of no-play any other game but I did it, IĀ“ve gotten everithing in the game, incluiding the 290 trophies, ... one month only trying to get diskun but it was worth it, as far as im concerned I am the only in this city to have everything(Quito-Ecuador) this is because here there was a contest and no one of the participants could do it
Wanna make your own games?
try Mark Overmars Game Maker
http://www.cs.uu.nl/people/markov/gmaker

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Super Smash Bros Melee
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2003, 02:34:36 PM »
I've gotten all the trophies, characters, stages, and bonuses- the only thing left is to get all of those little messages that appear when you do something cool (like beating Event Match 51 without losing a life). That could take a while.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Super Smash Bros Melee
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2003, 03:45:55 PM »

That getting through the game without getting hit is bull.

What are you talking about? You have to get the "no damage" clear bonus so you can get all the bonuses to get the trophy that you get for getting all the bonuses. Thats the only trophy i need to get, i got sooooo close once with DK, but i got hit by the giant hand at the last second Oh, and one of the messages is when you play in over 9,999,999 vs matches, not too hard if you ask me.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Super Smash Bros Melee
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2003, 03:47:59 PM »
Yeah, that "No Damage Clear" was a bitch to get, but you have to in order to get Diskun (which requires getting all 249 bonuses). I think I did it with a combination of persistance and luck.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
Super Smash Bros Melee
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2003, 04:25:47 PM »
Oh, I thought you meant not getting hit EVER as in EVER. Of course I know about the no damage but that is not getting through the game, just that one mode...

Offline Jonk

• View Profile
Super Smash Bros Melee
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2003, 05:20:09 PM »
I have everthing EXCEPT that diskun trophy. What is the best way to get all the bonuses in the game to get the diskun trophy? I have had massive multiplayer games, numerous times and I know which bonuses I need, but its hard to get them and I am not fully aware of all the settings you have to have to get such bonuses. Anyone here know what to do or where to go?  
A Zealous Imagineer

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
Super Smash Bros Melee
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2003, 07:44:48 AM »
I have everything, all the trophies and what-not.  I just wish Nintendo would've carried out that rumor about the trophies from the saves in SMS and Metroid Prime....
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Super Smash Bros Melee
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2003, 08:00:02 AM »
All I'm missing is a few trophies and the ones remaining are generally so ridiculously hard to get that I don't really feel like ever putting in the effort to get them.  There comes a point where something just isn't fun any more.  Still unlocking the sound test is quite a feat for my brother and I.  It's very rare that we'll find a game that both of us are interested in enough to try to unlock everything.  With most other games we would have gotten sick of some of the events a long time ago.  I think the fact that SSBM was released right before a game drought really helped.  If we had something else to play we likely would have given up.

Hopefully my save will never get deleted and I won't have to start over again.  There are some events that were beaten by complete fluke as the computer killed itself at the last minute.  I think we all have encountered an event like that.

Offline SriramSiv

• View Profile
Super Smash Bros Melee
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2003, 08:37:50 AM »
Ive completed the game 2 and a half times now. I completed it then corrupted my mem card. Then it gotwiped again once i had about 150 trophies,  then i completed it one last time.
Only stuff i dont have are some of the messages like "you have played 1,000,000 vs games" which would require you to play over 2000 games a day since its release

Offline GoldShadow1

• View Profile
Super Smash Bros Melee
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2003, 12:21:10 PM »
I have everything except a few stages, not counting trophies.  I'm not gonna bother getting all the trophies.  

The best (single-player) part in the entire game is Event 50.  That is insanely fun!  I can just see the designers of the game motion-capturing their hands as they do all sorts of crazy stuff.  

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
Super Smash Bros Melee
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2003, 02:32:23 PM »
You know..as fluid as the animations are...some look way too wacky to be motion captured. (i'm talking about the fighters). I'm not saying they were hand animated...but look at how some of them move...
Of course if it is hand animated...they did a lot better than some of the stuff SK did in Eternal Darkness. It had great animation, but a few goofs here and there. Like the opening cutscene with the detective. Look at how they move...totally unrealistic..

Offline Uglyness

• View Profile
Super Smash Bros Melee
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2003, 03:28:21 PM »
Okay, I've got everything but all the messages and trophies (around 275).  I just wanted to work for all the things that mattered in the game, such as stages, characters, events et cetera.  The trophies I really didn't try to get all of 'em it's just that SSBM was like the only game I played for 5 months and I just happened to come across a load of trophies on the way.  But I've got what question; What/who/where is Diskun???
I got polygons. . .

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Super Smash Bros Melee
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2003, 03:33:44 PM »
There's actually 290 trophies, not 275. You'll have to work a bit harder, uglyness.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Super Smash Bros Melee
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2003, 06:01:50 PM »
Take a second, careful look at Uglyness' first sentence, mouse-clicker, then rethink your 290 statement.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Super Smash Bros Melee
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2003, 09:38:26 PM »
Gotcha, my mistake. Thanks professional.