Author Topic: Alright - so I'm now a "Wii60" owner...  (Read 7920 times)

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Alright - so I'm now a "Wii60" owner...
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2007, 04:06:13 AM »
So...Wii60 fans, anybody had their 360 break down on them?  Just curious after reading some complaints from other sources in another thread.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Alright - so I'm now a "Wii60" owner...
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2007, 04:19:25 AM »
I will say this.  On this board I think I'm the minority of regulars who doesn't own at least a 360 as well as a Wii.  I like to get my hands on one but I can't sink the money in it in its current hardware state.  There is rumor of a new version of the 360 coming out for the Christmas season this year.  Considering what the price is and my job situation I'll probably take the plunge then, especially if I can get a deal with IPTV.  On the PS3 maybe next year.  I know I will have one in my house if KH3 is on it.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2007, 05:44:13 AM »

Originally posted by: couchmonkey
So...Wii60 fans, anybody had their 360 break down on them?  Just curious after reading some complaints from other sources in another thread.

Well my harddrive died a month or so ago.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2007, 05:47:52 AM »
I have to say, I've played Resistance:FoM and I enjoy it. I am ready to go all night with it just to beat it. I'd have to cause I can't afford a PS3 and I don't see being able to in a long long long time. So at least my cousin has it. I've also played the Motorstorm demo. And Burnout is more fun, for me. It is just a demo though. But if its the same thing just different tracks then I doubt the depth of gameplay is going to be able to support the game.

From another thread, I've played Loco Roco on the psp. It is entertaining, at least for the 10 minutes I played before dying. But I'm glad I didn't pay for it. The concept is cool and I wish I had a demo on something just to go in a mess around every once in a while. It would be sweet on the Wii, being able to control the world with the wii-mote.

As for my 360, it hasn't stopped working and hasn't given any problems. Knock on wood. I just need Chronicles of Riddick to be made backwards compatible.

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2007, 08:13:16 AM »

Originally posted by: couchmonkey

I've had mine since Dec 29th 2005 and I haven't had any problems with it at all.
"Alright, you know what? I'm just giving in and looking at the breasts."
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2007, 08:34:55 AM »

Originally posted by: capamerica I've had mine since Dec 29th 2005 and I haven't had any problems with it at all.

I'd call "Oblivion" a problem in itself, and I don't just mean because it paused to load every 10 seconds...
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
RE: Alright - so I'm now a "Wii60" owner...
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2007, 10:02:36 AM »
"And seriously Enchanted Arms, Amped 3, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, Oblivion, Test Drive Unlimited, and Viva Pinata all sucked."

Ouch cap, Viva Pinata was pretty damn cool I thought. I seriously think that is my first must have 360 game. Perfect Dark and Kameo weren't terrible, they were just mediocre and ultimately forgetable.

"If you find that MotorStorm is better then Excite Truck, then there is something seriously wrong with you. Excite Truck is FAR better then most of the racing games out there."

So damn true. Excite Truck is awesome. I can't wait for a sequel. I haven't played the full version of Motorstorm, but the demo blows. I doubt the full game will be much better (though Saints Row sucked as a demo and is awesome as a full game). Seriously though, the only reason you would dislike Excite Truck, and like Motorstorm more is if you totally suck at ET.  
Check out PixlBit!

Offline MarioAllStar

• Weird and Wonderful
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2007, 10:27:57 AM »

Originally posted by: Ceric

I will say this.  On this board I think I'm the minority of regulars who doesn't own at least a 360 as well as a Wii.  I like to get my hands on one but I can't sink the money in it in its current hardware state.

I also do not have an Xbox 360. Once I get a job, probably this Summer, I might eventually buy one, but for now I can't justify the purchase. Even if I had the money, I haven't found enough games that really excite me. Maybe I have just been sheltered by Nintendo this whole time, but I just don't get worked up about games on other systems. Some of that is probably due to the fact that I follow Nintendo news far more than I follow Microsoft/Sony news. Plus whenever I visit the PS3/360 sections of sites like IGN, the games seem predominantly sports and FPS, which don't interest me a bit.
Thanks for listening.