Author Topic: Episode 175: Regeneration  (Read 1884 times)

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
Episode 175: Regeneration
« on: April 18, 2015, 06:37:00 AM »

It's Scott's last show behind the wheel, so enjoy this extra-long and extra-special episode of Connectivity!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/connectivity/40111/episode-175-regeneration

Hey guys! Scott here, and the abstract up there is correct: this is the last episode of Connectivity I'll be producing and appearing on regularly. I'll still be here at Nintendo World Report writing and publishing video, but my time at the helm of this show has come to an end. Nicholas Bray will be taking over my duties and is currently working with Neal to reboot the show, so be on the look out for that in a few weeks. For now, let's get to this week's super-sized show. I decided to go out with a bang, so this episode features some of my favorite segments from the past four years.

First up, I'm joined by Donald and J.P. to break down the first round of the NHL playoffs. That's right; it's my last show, so we're starting with hockey! The guys review the 2014-15 season that was and share their predictions for each first-round match up.

After that, I crack open some listener mail with Neal, Nick and Zach. You wanted to know how we'd run Nintendo if we were given the keys, what we think about gaming in Brazil, what the deal is with Rosalina's name in Japan, and a whole lot more. Plus, in this segment, we meet a valuable member of team Nintendo: Steve the Intern! #SteveTheIntern needs to trend, you guys.

In our next bonus segment, Alex, Zach and I discuss the first few hours of Bloodborne, the PS4 exclusive from the masterminds behind Dark Souls. The guys discuss what makes Bloodborne different from its predecessors (for better or worse) and how it's positioned to be a monster hit for Sony (pun intended). Pants and shirts are optional for this one.

Next up, another bonus segment! Here, Amanda, Nick and I reflect on the reboot of Doctor Who, which just celebrated the 10th anniversary of its launch. How did we all get hooked on the story of a 1,000-year-old alien traveling through time with young and unsuspecting Brits? We'll tell you! Also, more theories about who the Master is.

Closing the show out, Jeopardy returns! Zach and I host the game, while Neal, Andy and Nathan compete for ultimate glory. See who comes out on top in this Newscast reunion.

That pretty much does it. Stay tuned for what Nick has in store for the show. And on a personal note, I just want to thank everyone who has been involved with the show, from the staff and special guests to the listeners. Connectivity flourished in a way I could have never imagined, and because of it I've made so many incredible friends. Thank you for listening every week and making this such a fun four years.

Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Re: Episode 175: Regeneration
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 01:15:14 AM »
Sounds like the most Connectivity show anyone could ask for. I'll be skipping 2/5 of it, but not because I don't love you, Scott.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 09:04:28 PM »
Scott: although I'm confident the "next generation" of Connectivity will continue to be very enjoyable, it's sad to find out you are leaving!  Your presence and the imprint you left on the show through production were always much appreciated - whether that means off-topic segments thrown in, the good humor you always maintained, or musical selections interspersed throughout each episode.

Thanks for all the hard work. Here's wishing you the very best as you move to different endeavors (here at NWR or elsewhere), and happy gaming for many years to come!
NNID: ejamer

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 02:08:33 AM »
actually, if you ring the bell, you not only invite people to come in to help you, but you invite people in to invade you, and they can continue to invade until you and your friend find an enemy called a Bell Maiden.

there's something in the options menu to set a password for co-op join ins, where if you and your friends have the same password set, you can only co-op with each other. you're still fair game for invasion, though.