Gaming Forums > General Gaming

Shocktober III: Season of the Witch

(1/8) > >>

M.K.Ultra:
Hopefully Pokepal is cool with me starting this up :D.

When does this start?

Shocktober begins right now, and will last the entire month of October, ending after Halloween night.

What should I play?

Anything that falls under the classification of a "scary" game. Survival horror, action horror, a horror-themed FPS, anything with zombies, etc. In the interest of having fun, this can be more of a loose definition of what defines a scary game, and constitute anything that is more-or-less "spooky themed". If you're not sure, just check out the previous years' threads [2021] [2020].

You can think of this as another Backlaugust if you want -- You've probably got horror games in your backlog, and it's time to play them. How many games you want to play is up to you, whether that's just one game or a few games. Any platform, doesn't matter. They can be new games, old games. Even horror games you've already beaten long ago and want to replay. You don't have to choose all of your games up front; you can if you want, but it's fine to just take it one-game-at-a-time.

Who should participate?

Do you:

* Enjoy scary games?
* Have at least one horror game in your backlog?
* Plan on buying a new horror game?
* Really love Halloween?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, then you should do this!

The purpose of this is a little less about seeing how many games we can beat, but for everyone to share in the experience of playing something scary. A good horror game can be a tough thing to get all of the way through to the end, but with some moral support from the rest of the community that's going through the same thing, maybe we can all make it back into the light by November! That's what it comes down to -- having fun, and being scared shitless. And being scared shitless is a lot more fun when being scared shitless as a group.

One last thing -- for your fellow NWR-er who hasn't played every game, try using spoiler tags whenever possible for anything major that's story-related, or just in general anything that should not be spoiled.

Examples of games that count as Horror:

Anything remotely spooky, scary, or Halloweeny. You getting Bayonetta 3? That counts. You planning to play some mutiplayer Luigi's Mansion 3? You sucked yourself right into a game that counts for Shocktober. Are you just planning to do the Halloween event in Animal Crossing? Come on in. You could even pick a spooky game from the Switch SNES online games and sign up to play it online with someone on BShy's new thread. As we prepare for the return of the umbra witch, let's all have some scary fun  ;D.

Adrock:
I doubled dipped on Bayonetta (Switch) which should be delivered Tuesday. I also snagged Bayonetta 2 on Switch. I’m going to stop lying to myself and play both on Easy.

I just added the first three OG Resident Evil games to Vita (I’ll create a related thread if I’m not too lazy). Only beat Claire A in RE2 so I’d like to run through everything before tackling the remakes.

M.K.Ultra:
I am planning to get Bayonetta 3 at launch but that is the end of the month and will just be first impressions. In the meantime I was thinking of replaying Alien Isolation on PS4 to get some more trophies. I need to look at what trophies I need but it will probably be a hard difficulty or no-kill run of some sort. I was also hoping to finally beat Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts on SNES. I have played this a lot since I was young but never tried to complete it since having it with save states. I am planning on just using save states between levels.

GK:
I fired up my WiiU the other day to play Bayonetta 2 again as a warm-up for Bayonetta 3. I'm a bit rusty when it comes to my post-fight ratings, but I'm going through enemies well enough

Dauntless has its yearly Dark Harvest event. May try to grab some spooky-themed weapon/armor skins once that kicks off.

broodwars:
Didn't pick it up with this in mind, but I've been making my way through Infernax the past few days. It's an exceptionally gory 2D sidescrolling horror action gane in the model of Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest. So far, I'm quite enjoying it, though I wish that dungeons had checkpoints so you didn't have to claw your way back out to save every time you made significant progress and needed to restock on healing items and lives. The music is...well...it doesn't exactly live up to its inspiration. The pixel art is fantastic, though.

Made it through 3 of the 1st 5 castles as a "Good" character. You can enable essentially god mode at any time, and perhaps I'll do that if I do a replay as an Evil character. Grinding XP and gold via quests and drops to level your character up is fun once, but I'd rather skip that on replays.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version