Author Topic: Nintendo grabs Bandai  (Read 5470 times)

Offline DrForester

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Nintendo grabs Bandai
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2003, 05:49:12 PM »
Bandai doesn't even really own Dragon Ball, just the game rights, if i remember correctly.

The two most high-profile series Bandai actually OWNS are, of course, gundam, and the .hack series.  

most of what bandai released in the USA, was not theirs in Japan.  But there are only like 2 anime companies in Japan that will release their own stuff here.  Bandai and Genon (Formerly Pioneer).

Someone asked about trigun, not sure who owns it in Japan, but in the USA Dark Horse owns rights to manga, Genon owns rights to TV series.
"I see you've decided to go psycho.....godspeed"

Offline XIXChamp

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2003, 12:25:37 AM »
Hey if nintendo grabs bandai we can get the .hack series on our system gangsta  
What Cha gonna do Brother,What Cha gonna do Brother When Hulkamania Runs Wild on you

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2003, 03:11:51 AM »
It's kinda funny, when MS tries to take over a company everyone yells how evil they are but when Nintendo does as much--the same people take it as a positive :0.

Yeah that's not baised or anything.

Offline DrForester

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2003, 04:22:03 AM »
but Nintendo is NOT trying to take over Bandai.

Bandai is not going to be a Nintendo exclusive.  I'd even bet the PS2 STILL gets more games.  I see this as little more than Nintendo's way of paying Bandai for some games.  Which I don't mind.  Any new way that anime games get made is another possible way to get them in the USA.
"I see you've decided to go psycho.....godspeed"

Offline ghostVi

• View Profile
RE: Nintendo grabs Bandai
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2003, 04:58:44 AM »
Ofcourse somecompany-takes-over-some-other is not evil. MS is evil, not the act, that's a fact no bias is needed here. Evil + more power = more evil, that's about the simplest unbiased equation, now isn't it?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2003, 08:40:16 AM »
man this is one thing i just wish nintendo would do. I mean all these liceneses in Nintendo's hand...it sounds awesome.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post