Author Topic: Wii Experience Videos  (Read 4891 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Wii Experience Videos
« on: October 11, 2006, 09:47:07 AM »
I didn't see it anywhere here yet so I thought I'd point out some Wii Experience videos on the official site.
Wii Experience

*goes to watch the American and French women play Wii Sports Tennis again*

I'm at work at my computer with no speakers so if there's sound, I can't hear it.  They're probably laughing it up from all the excitement and fun that only a Wii can provide.

Would be nice if they have some Wii Boxing videos soon.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
RE: Wii Experience Videos
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 10:23:05 AM »
The american guy  that plays Wii-Golf has the best overall-reaction of the bunch, I think.
The american woman that was playing Wii-Tennis was funny when she was surprised right in the beginning when she moved the racket and hit the ball.

I want to be randomly picked to try "this new-fangled technology".

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
RE:Wii Experience Videos
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 11:46:47 AM »
If you watch the French video carefully, you can see the lag in Wii Tennis. These first-timers though seem to be coping exceptionally well...

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 12:04:02 PM »
Nintendo should set up giant see through cubes in New York with a Wii set up and people playing various games.

Put one in the middle of Times Square and stuff.

That'd be perfect advertising.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 01:16:02 PM »
The old Japanese couple's reactions are priceless..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Sempuukyaku

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 01:27:09 PM »
Um....the girl playing Wii tennis, was DAMN fine

If getting a Nintendo Wii attracts hot chicks like that, SIGN ME UP!  

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 01:34:03 PM »
I agree the american guy had the best reaction.  Surprisingly it did not come out forced, he really seemed geniunely excited about it.

I bet stores are going to have warning signs to ensure they don't get sued when someone back hands somebody in the store.  The evil inside me wants to see that happen one day, i'd roll around the ground laughing.  I'd even ask the security to get me a copy of the incident, yes I'm a bit evil......

Offline Chris1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 01:39:38 PM »
Wow, alot of these were cool to watch I seriously haven't seen reactions like these since the NES days when people were picking up the controller for the first time!  I'd say thats a good sign!

Offline Blue Plant

• View Profile
    • My site.
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 01:43:33 PM »
Those were great.  The Japanese couple is a very cute sight.

Is that voice actor ("Nice shot!") the same as the one in Super Monkey Ball for Gamecube?

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2006, 02:04:40 PM »
The Japanese couple's reactions are pretty funny.  Though I imagine they would be wowed by Pong.  When I first played games as a kid initially the fact that I could control the characters on screen at all was a thrill.  For a beginner just playing a game period is fun because the experience is new to them.

In the tennis videos the lag is incredibly noticable.  I'm not impressed.

Offline Cap

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2006, 04:09:55 PM »

Originally posted by: Strell
Nintendo should set up giant see through cubes in New York with a Wii set up and people playing various games.

Put one in the middle of Times Square and stuff.

That'd be perfect advertising.

thats a really good idea, and would definately attract some attention. it would get the idea of wii, and what the remote does across perfectly.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2006, 06:02:39 PM »
That French girl did almost a full serve motion with the remote before the character started moving, same for the guy playing baseball. If the delay isn't on purpose, I don't think I'll be getting a second remote for Wii Sports.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2006, 06:21:03 PM »
I wnder if it really was there first time playing.  Or maby there all actors and there's lag because there not really playing and just reacting to a video.  Kind of like the Red steel trailers.
Wemen are like Artichokes, you have to work hard to get to there hearts.

http://duhduhduhduh.phantomhourglass.org/main.php?id=8534

Offline UniversalJuan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2006, 06:29:27 PM »
Wow, I've apparently lost my mind. I just plain don't see this magic lag. I thought the game responded realistically. Welp, I'm apparently blind. Screw Wii now. it is obviously made out of phail. My launch plans of Tony Hawk, Red Steel, Madden,Trauma Center, Metal Slug, Zelda, BIG DAMN TRUCKS, 2000 points, 3 chuks, 3 wiimotes, and 1 classic controller (with SuperSwing Golf...Dec 12 according to GStop current list! Pleeeease be true and have a Japanese language option w/subtitles...be good to me Tecmo, you do that in DOA damn you! [Asst Store Manager at my local GStop, oh and just to dispell all this employee hate? We had strict limitations on how many employees could pre-order PS3s thank you very much. I can't vouce for the other stores, but at least at mine we honored those rules and stuck to the employee restrictions.]) are all shot now, the magic lag killed it.
They gave a war, nobody came, imagine all the fuss. They'd have to send themselves instead of...sending us. Yeah (People of the Generation - by Scatman John)

Originally posted by: Luigi Dude
The greatest game of all time is Super Smash Bros Brawl.  It

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2006, 06:43:11 PM »
What does the French girl say?  And I can't stop watching the American girl playing Tennis...  o_0  0_o

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 07:42:34 PM »
JonLeung > The French woman says "Oui, je cumpri(sp?)", translated "Yes, I understand". Yeah the American chick is definately hipnotizing.

I too can't see this lag you folks are talking about, perhaps this lag you experience is from the streaming itself?

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2006, 07:49:05 PM »

Is that voice actor ("Nice shot!") the same as the one in Super Monkey Ball for Gamecube?
Thanks for playing! (F-Zero GX)

And yeah, the French woman says what Caliban translated (it's spelt "je compris")

These Nintendo promotional Wii videos are always so sanitised..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2006, 05:29:24 AM »
I get the gist of written French, I just have trouble with spoken French and didn't quite catch it.  Doesn't she say something at the end, too?  Not that it matters much.

When I watched these videos at home and actually heard the sounds and what they were saying, I too agree, the American guy's reaction is cool.  He seems geniunely surprised at the controller, looks at it as if he's impressed, really gets into the game and provides a nice summary of it all.

However, the American woman still has the cutest reactions.    

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2006, 06:34:45 AM »
Here's the gist of what the french lady says:

in the beginning > on my prior post I wrote "oui, je compris" but after relistening to it several times I got "ok, je compri"

at the end > "et voila", which would basically translate to "and there" or "that's it", something of that order.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2006, 08:16:52 AM »
Yeah, I see the lag, but I'm surprised about it, since Nintendo says the sensor refreshes about 200 times per second.  Whether it's a trick of the video or a real problem, I will quote Nintendo and say, "Playing is believing".  I've heard so many positive impressions of Wii, I really don't think lag will be the main issue.  And it's not like it's a huge lag in the videos, either - when you're actually playing your brain will edit the lag out as you adjust your timing - unless you're out to prove there's a lag, but then you're just ruining it for yourself.

I don't think these are actors, because there are some obvious cuts in the video...like the Japanese girl doesn't seem to get it at first, and then they cut to the point where she does get it.  To me that says that these are real-life people playing the system.  That said, I'm sure they took dozens or even hundreds of these videos and picked and edited the best ones to make the machine look good.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2006, 08:17:44 AM »
updated with 3 new videos

http://us.wii.com/experience_gallery.jsp

I like the idea of all these new family shots because its the age gap of 2 or more playing that i enjoy.  2 older people may not have had much gaming experience so they have to learn, and younger people usually dont.  But this whole learning curve with Wii sort of puts everyone in the household at a blank canvas state.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2006, 09:05:52 AM »
You know why do we(USA) get the lamest room and the unkempt kid.   Oh well they were all interesting.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2006, 05:09:47 PM »
I still say these could've been good commercials.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2006, 06:04:16 AM »
true, if they had used the asian-plaing-tennis-chic video they would have captured all of the male college population in a heart beat.