Author Topic: Suda's HEROES First Footage!  (Read 22940 times)

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE: Suda's HEROES First Footage!
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2006, 10:54:20 AM »
The smiles are a thousand times freakier than anything RE0-3 ever offered up.

The regenerators in RE4 still take the cake, IMO, for the freakiest enemy in any game I've played, although the Bone Thieves in ED get an honorable mention.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2006, 11:14:50 AM »
oh yeah, Mikami co-wrote killer7 with suda51.  This is why you'll find various artistic similarities.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Cap

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Suda's HEROES First Footage!
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2006, 01:11:33 PM »
am i the only one who this link doesnt seem to work for? it could just be the crap computer i use at work, but could someone please give me another site to find some more info about this game. i find it strange that i havent seen this game metioned on any of the "major" gaming sites. after reading the discussion taking place about the game, i would like to check out some screenshots or something.

Offline RiskyChris

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2006, 03:58:15 PM »
Well folks, I just biked 9 miles round trip to find Killer 7 at gamestop for $10.  This better be worth it...

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2006, 04:04:48 PM »
Wow... excercise...

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Aussiedude

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2006, 04:28:55 PM »

Originally posted by: Cap
am i the only one who this link doesnt seem to work for? it could just be the crap computer i use at work, but could someone please give me another site to find some more info about this game. i find it strange that i havent seen this game metioned on any of the "major" gaming sites. after reading the discussion taking place about the game, i would like to check out some screenshots or something.

Strange its been pulled from the Wiire web site, as well as any mention of the game. Hope its not fake or been shifted to PS3.
Will Wii Win?  

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2006, 07:34:46 PM »
I don't think that heroes is any kind of prequel to killer7.  I believe the ghost guys name is Travis Bell in killer seven and not Travis Touchdown.  It would be worth putting him in as a character as long as he has all of his awesome shirts.  Also the top seven assassins in heroes would all be the same person.

I think the people from the Wiire pulled it because they said it wasn't ready yet and they weren't supposed to show it.

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2006, 08:08:48 PM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother
The game is presented very much like an esoteric anime, the kind which is dark and confusing at first but becomes clearer as you watch. The problem with putting this presentation into a game is that the natural progression of the game happens slower: if you simply sit there and watch the anime long enough, things will become clear. In K7, you need to play far enough into the game to see the story unfold and without a storyline to enforce their actions, most players might simply decide the game is crap, especially if they don't KNOW the story is coming.

When I first played it, I actually DIDN'T like it. I had this weird guy in a red suit telling me random crap and a clunky interface which didn't exactly cross me as enjoyable. For some reason, I had this overwhelming desire to put the game down and never play it again simply because the game basically tosses you in the water and hopes you swim in the very beginning. I'm certain this killed it for many potential players and reviewers alike. I actually had 2-3 people in the room with me and I gauged their reactions from it: they seemed to have the exact same reaction that I did, initially being put off by the game and even making negative comments about it but becoming interested once the storyline picked up.

I actually found it rather compeling that so much was so vague in the beginning.  There were so many questions, I wanted to keep playing just to find out what the hell was going on.  No one ever explicitly explains everything to you because they talk as if they're addressing Garcian, not the player.  The game maintains a sense of discovery in the player all throughout the game.
GOREGASM!

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2006, 09:39:26 PM »
This was awesome, but I want to know how it controls...PC shooter, light-gun, dual wielding, pistol shell, over the shoulder RE4 style?
Life is like a hurricane-- here in Duckburg

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2006, 07:04:36 AM »

Originally posted by: SixthAngel I don't think that heroes is any kind of prequel to killer7.  I believe the ghost guys name is Travis Bell in killer seven and not Travis Touchdown.  It would be worth putting him in as a character as long as he has all of his awesome shirts.  Also the top seven assassins in heroes would all be the same person.

*bit of a spoiler ahead*

It was Travis Bell, but I've no reason to believe that the name "Touchdown" is his actual last name. I don't think "Helter Skelter" is the other guy's real name, either.

If you remember from the game, Travis was Harman's first kill, 30 years prior to when Killer7 takes place, meaning that Travis has been dead for a while. If the game Heroes does indeed star Travis and he climbs his way to the top and becomes the best killer in the world, I can only assume that this was before Harman takes the top spot by killing him, and given that Travis was Harman's first kill, it means that Harman is currently the uncontested best hitman in the world.

The Travis in this video looks just like the Travis from the game, right down to the t-shirt and hair. Ask yourself this: Suda could have picked thousands of names for this character: Trit Touchdown, Tony Touchdown, etc.

He wouldn't pick the name Travis unless he intended to make a connection between the two games.  
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2006, 07:13:27 AM »
30 years before Killer 7 takes place is also in the 70s, where a lot of the name references are from.

Travis in the Heroes trailer also has a pink shirt. It's as good as confirmed for me, and if it's not him, it's a cool reference or whatever.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2006, 07:59:26 AM »
It has to be.

1. The game is once again about professional killers.

2. The graphical style is the same (only enhanced for the Wii), indicating that we're talking about the same universe.

3. Travis bears the same physique, hair and t-shirts as the Travis in Killer7.

4. The references are very 70s (Travis is dressed like he's from the 70s to boot).

5. Suda wouldn't have used the name "Travis" unless he intended to make some kind of reference to Killer7's Travis.

6. The story fits perfectly to indicate that this is a prequel.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure Travis makes references to being a killer in K7 as well, but I could be wrong.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2006, 08:11:50 AM »
You're ahead of yourself.

Stay away from this thread and finish KilarSven.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2006, 09:50:20 AM »
Look at the names of the folks in Killer7.  Hell, look at SUDA51's name.  It seems the only American names he knows are Travis, Harmen, Kevin and Dan.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2006, 12:26:06 PM »
Harmen is an American name? o_0

Also, I really need to play Killer7.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2006, 12:17:37 PM »
New trailer: http://media.wii.ign.com/media/827/827358/vids_1.html

If this new trailer truly featured in-game visuals then I will say that this game is looking fantastic.
All they need to do is make the dialogue to work more naturally because right now it is just so without emotion.
The voices aren't that bad.

Offline WalkingTheCow

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2006, 12:33:21 PM »
Very interesting bits here from Go Nintendo:

". . . According to the development team, the Wii is a perfect fit for Heroes. They had the idea of the game before the Wii existed, but once they saw what the Wii could do…especially the Wiimote, they knew they had to make Heroes for the Wii. Grasshopper is going to release the title in 2007, and as soon as possible. They think, due to the nature of the gameplay, that sales of 1 million units will be possible."

So. We learn that they mean for it to release suprisingly soon, they felt the Wii controller would be perfect for the gameplay ideas they had, and that said gameplay is apparentlly more accessible as they believe they can sell it well.

Huh.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2006, 01:16:40 PM »
Oh they better not be expecting sales to ACTUALLY hit 1 million or else they're going to be very disapointed.  Even if the gameplay is amazing, this type of game will still only sell to a smaller audience.  Unless they have a huge Multi-million dollar marketing campaign with ads in every type of media, which I dont see happening.

I think a game like this selling around 300,000 copies would be more accurate if it's a success, and alot better then Killer 7 did.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2006, 02:50:53 PM »
A million is way, way ambitious.  But I'm willing to help them reach that goal.

I don't think a million worldwide is out of the question, but it's highly unlikely, especially for a game like this.  I dunno, we'll see.  Best of luck to them, though, they deserve it.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Alexander_Sin

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2006, 03:36:58 PM »

Originally posted by: Caliban
New trailer: http://media.wii.ign.com/media/827/827358/vids_1.html

If this new trailer truly featured in-game visuals then I will say that this game is looking fantastic.
All they need to do is make the dialogue to work more naturally because right now it is just so without emotion.
The voices aren't that bad.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aside from a few things (like the music) that looks like the same trailer that was released at E3. I even ran them side by side and the only differences, that I saw, were that Helter Skelter's head didn't pop of and spew blood like in the E3 one, the music, and Travis's "Your fine words..." line was a little deeper. But I'm really looking forward to this game, so I hope we do get some new trailers for it soon.
Check out my webcomic: http://seventhcircle.comicgenesis.com/ updates (most) every Wednesday.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2006, 04:07:40 PM »
It wasn't "released" at E3, it was leaked by The Wiire, and wasn't intended to be shown at the last minute.

Apparently they wanted to wait till TGS and make some adjustments before fully backing it.

Offline Alexander_Sin

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2006, 04:14:31 PM »
Oh, okay. Now that you mention it, I do remember it being leaked. Sorry for my confusion.
Check out my webcomic: http://seventhcircle.comicgenesis.com/ updates (most) every Wednesday.

« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2006, 09:51:17 PM »
maby 1 million isn't that far off if it's a good game and it fixes the flaws from killer 7.

remember that every sucessful seres started with a first game, (like metal gear solid, half-life, resident evil, and halo) it's possibel if it's fun enough it can sprout to be a big money maker.
Wemen are like Artichokes, you have to work hard to get to there hearts.

http://duhduhduhduh.phantomhourglass.org/main.php?id=8534

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2006, 10:12:15 PM »
WOW a million! There aren't even a million people that know Killer 7 exists.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2006, 10:37:29 PM »
The difference is the first Metal Gear Solid, Half-Life, Resident Evil and Halo all sold in the millions and were popular from the start.  Killer 7 has only sold around 100,000 worldwide with both the Gamecube and PS2 versions combined, and is only known by us gamers here on the internet.  The rest of the gaming world has no idea what the game was.

This is why Hereos is going to have a hard time archieving huge sales since right now it's a game that appeals to a niche market.  Unless Suda can somehow get Nintendo to help with the marketing of the game which I dont see happening, the game has no chance of mass market appeal.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai