Author Topic: Wii Madden advertising ideas-and others  (Read 9229 times)

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Wii Madden advertising ideas-and others
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2006, 11:09:29 AM »

Here's how EA will advertise the game:

Show a bunch of real football player playing the game for 15 seconds. Show some gameplay movies from the PS3 or Xbox 360 version. Show the Madden logo and at the bottom of the screen show the PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii logos.

You're wrong sir.  I'm fairly certain the Wii version will have a solo commercial, just as some EA GC games did this generation.  Considering that the Wii version will sell the most, I would think EA would market it that way.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2006, 11:17:08 AM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother
Free hand controller (the remote).

Like I said, the control scheme could make ALL the difference if marketed properly.

That, and the GC didn't have an online mode.

Yeah, but what I am wondering is if the GC had a Madden game at launch or a few days after.

I actually have an idea for a commercial...

The commercial starts with real life, gritty, hardcore, live action football footage. It does a close up of a beaten down player. Then when the play starts the action becomes intense. Then, we see a guy that seems to be doing the exact, same thing as the player...Or is it the other way around? You see the player fall down after the guy falls down. They both move in perfect synch. Then the player reaches the end field and score a touch down, his team wins! The guy is extremely happy for his victory.

Then the commercial pans out and shows the same guy but holding a Wii controller and the joystick, happily celebrating his victory along with friends.

Then the announcer says:
"You no longer watch and play. You play and LIVE IT! Ready for this new kind of game?"

MADDEN FOOTBALL 2008

Nintendo Wii

Fade to black

Guaranteed Wii sales .
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE: Wii Madden advertising ideas-and others
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2006, 11:23:50 AM »
That sounds excellent.

The EXACT kind of advertising they need...
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2006, 11:31:39 AM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother
That sounds excellent.

The EXACT kind of advertising they need...

I'm going even further...

The other players the main player confronts on the field could represent the hordes of other players that are waiting to take you down online. And then when the camera zooms in on another incoming player, he will flash and reveal yet another player that is supposedly in control of that player.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2006, 11:37:27 AM »
I'm going to be pissed if EA DOES use the same bland ads.

There's online play and you actually throw the ball in game now (I wonder how you tackle...). There's almost no excuse for people to not play the game on Nintendo's console.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Michael8983

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2006, 11:51:02 AM »
Yeah, you have to give EA credit for being surprisingly Nintendo friendly this past generation.
It did create several Gamecube specefic commercials. I believe even the multi-platform titles had the Gamecube logo and SOLELY the Gamecube logo displayed at the end. It all really seemed to begin after Nintendo made that aggreement to help EA implement GCN/GBA link-cable features into a few of its games. Now if that relatively pointless feature got EA on Nintendo's good side I imagine the Wii-mote and Wii-Fi could work wonders.
Don't get me wrong. EA is cr*ppy and over-rated. But it could still be a powerful Nintendo ally.

Offline Michael8983

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2006, 11:54:52 AM »
As for the Wii version potentially selling the most.
I could honestly see it. Sports titles have a big draw among college students as much as they may want a 360 or PS3 might settle for the much more affordable Wii with the special controls and free online more than making up for whatever graphical disadvantage there may be.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2006, 12:02:00 PM »

Originally posted by: Michael8983
Yeah, you have to give EA credit for being surprisingly Nintendo friendly this past generation.
It did create several Gamecube specefic commercials. I believe even the multi-platform titles had the Gamecube logo and SOLELY the Gamecube logo displayed at the end. It all really seemed to begin after Nintendo made that aggreement to help EA implement GCN/GBA link-cable features into a few of its games. Now if that relatively pointless feature got EA on Nintendo's good side I imagine the Wii-mote and Wii-Fi could work wonders.
Don't get me wrong. EA is cr*ppy and over-rated. But it could still be a powerful Nintendo ally.

The thing is that even with all the support they got from EA the GC still didn't sell as well as expected...

Although I have to take into consideration that the GC versions never had online gameplay...

Kind makes me wonder how Online gameplay will affect the Wii...
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2006, 12:30:28 PM »
I honestly think Nintendo's advertising could take a huge leap this generation simply because the company has features that it needs to sell.

I hear a lot of people complain about Nintendo's current ads, but in my opinion a big part of the reason they're boring is because the games are boring.  Honestly, I don't find Microsoft, Sony, Capcom, Square, or anyone else's ads a lot better.  The thing is, we all know what we're getting into with practically any of these games.  That's where Wii is different.  As someone else said, all the ads should basically show the players acting and the graphics reacting.  The only thing left to worry about is to make sure the players look cool.  Well, there's also the name, but I'm talking about advertising individual games here, not the system as a whole.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2006, 12:35:48 PM »

Originally posted by: couchmonkey I honestly think Nintendo's advertising could take a huge leap this generation simply because the company has features that it needs to sell.

I'm basically praying for this.

Iwata said something along the lines of having a good idea how to market the concept. I just hope he wasn't blowing smoke. Nintendo's ads have been sparse in the past, seemingly adopting the attitude of "People will buy it whether or not we advertise."

This time, they have something they NEED to advertise, and like I said, advertising will make ALL the difference between the Wii succeeding and people only finding out about the FHC concept after Sony and MS rip it off.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2006, 12:47:42 PM »
here's what i'd like to see.

someone mentioned before showing in split screen the players action and the onscreen action. for a game like madden that would be brilliant as ur basically doing what the qb is doing.

i think the same idea would also work if you showed the person doing the motions first. initially the casual gamer (someone who doesn't already know about wii) will be like WTF! then you go to gameplay and you see the qb doing the exact same thing, pulling his hands up to receive the snap, cradling the ball, then the throwing motion. for the sake of the commercial it would be good to include the player taking drop steps like the qb does, maybe even beef it up by having him duck a couple sacks. as a former football player that'd be the kind of commercial that would appeal to me, thinking of reliving the experience. i was never a qb but i wouldv'e liked to have been, which is one of the reasons i can't wait for this game.  
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2006, 01:18:49 PM »

i think the same idea would also work if you showed the person doing the motions first. initially the casual gamer (someone who doesn't already know about wii) will be like WTF!

That's what I said.  We think alike.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2006, 09:34:59 PM »
No GameCube games = no GameCube advertising. No GameCube advertising = surplus money. Surplus money = more Rev advertising amirite?

Although I have suspected Reggie on the charge of embezzlement for a while now..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2006, 11:24:30 PM »
I'm not sure if you guys remember a commercial where a guy is flipping channels, but everytime he does he is right in the middle of whatever is happening on the screen. That is the inspiration of my idea.

I picture it as you see a guy come sit on the couch and pick up the contoller. The camera immediately swings around behind him so that you can see his Big Widescreen TV. As he starts to play the game and you can see his movement controlling the character on screen, the camera does one of the depth perception tricks that makes it look like he just merged into the onscreen action(kinda like zooming in on the screen, only the guy playing the game doesn't get smaller, he is now the active character in the game).

The guy is now wearing a Jersey and he pulls his arm back to throw the ball, does a little juke and then releases. *The camera follows the ball as it arcs through the air revealing the guy playing the game actually recieving the pass, now wearing a different #'d jersey. As he does a spin move or stiff arm after catching the ball, the camera then does a reverse depth perception to reveal him excitedly controlling the action from the couch.

then comes a slightly modified EA slogan "E...A...Sports, Get in the Game!"
followed by a Nintendo catch phrase being whispered loudly "Wii Can Make It Happen!"
as a beautiful shot of the system and controller appears in the background, out of the same color liquid like the promo video.

*This part can also be modified to promote online play too.
-The camera follows the ball as it arcs through the air revealing an opposing team member intercepting the ball just before the original guy is able to catch it. Just as this opposing team member does a juke move or a stiff arm to get away, the camera does a reverse depth percetion revealing some other guy on some other couch happily contolling the action with several other friends in the room cheering him on.

then comes a slightly modified EA slogan "E...A...Sports, Get in the Game!"
followed by a Nintendo catch phrase being whispered loudly "Wii Can Make It Happen!"
then show the Nintendo WiFi logo as a beautiful shot of the system appears in the background, out of the same color liquid like the promo video.

Offline eljefe

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2006, 05:26:11 AM »
the motto for all EA SPORTS games on Wii should be...

If its in the Game
Its in your Hands.

Lame, I know, but so is there real motto. Plus we're all just bouncing ideas around.  
..:    I just noticed WTF is FTW backwords. Sometimes when you think things are going bad, they suddenly turn around. Much like this thread. For the win.  :.   MJRx9000

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2006, 07:54:41 AM »

I'm not sure if you guys remember a commercial where a guy is flipping channels, but everytime he does he is right in the middle of whatever is happening on the screen. That is the inspiration of my idea.

Thumbs up.  Promote the aspect of being IN the game...you are the character you control.