Author Topic: Switch SNES Online: Now You're Playing with Khushrenada!  (Read 83739 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Switch SNES Online: Now You're Playing with Khushrenada!
« on: November 17, 2020, 06:21:55 PM »
I've been meaning to set this up for awhile but I'm finally ready scheduling wise to do this pretty regularly. (I hope.) I'm not sure how many games or how much of the service others have used but I've been wanting to do get through more titles and arrange for more 2 player action with the games on it. I've made vague offers to play Kirby Super Star with Mop it up and Lost Levels with pokepal148 (although I'm not going to hold them to those games if they don't want to play them. But there's a lot more I'd be willing to meet up and play like the DKC games, Joe and Mac, Picross, Twin Bee, and more.

Are there other posters out there that want to get more SNES action happening? If so, jump in this thread and let me know. Tell me when you are free to play and what you want to play and let's start matching up and scheduling some play time. I'd like to make it so that it is a regular weekly meet-up but if it has to be a case by case time for availability then I'll do what I can to make that work also. We can try playing using the Nintendo Online Voice Chat app or do it over NWR's Discord as well.

For myself, I'm ready to make things work pretty much any night at or after 8:00 PM EST (although maybe not Thursday evenings) and on weekends I can probably be available even earlier from 2:00 PM EST. Personally, I'm looking to playing through the DKC games (preferably in VS mode) with some Mario's Super Picross mixed in but I'm open to other stuff as well like F-Zero racing, Mario Kart Battle Mode, Super Soccer or other games that user's who sign up may want to dabble in. Let's get N or get out!

Gaming Partners:

Stratos
Mr. Bungle
Discord.RSS / Steef
BeautifulShy
pokepal148
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 06:24:21 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Switch SNES Online: Now You're Playing with Khushrenada!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 06:21:12 AM »
I've seen you online in the SNES app while I was doing other things. If only Nintendo would let people invite you to play in-system...

Be fun to do some classic racing games like Mario KArt, F-Zero, and anything else on there (does Stunt Race FX have 2-player? Can our eyes bleed out due to the jankie framerate that would entail?)

Also down for some DKC. 2 was my favorite, but I feel I need to play them in order so trying to get through 1, but not as fun without a partner to go with.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 06:23:10 AM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 11:58:45 AM »
Alright! Let's see what some 2 Player SNES F-Zero action looks like. And someone else ready for DK action. What time to play would work for your schedule?

And who else is ready to game like its 1995?

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 02:23:06 PM »
I am down to clown. I have a similar schedule where I am free most nights after 8:00 EST. Just give me a day or two notice. You know I love DK but I will play just about any of the games on there.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2020, 03:58:36 PM »
Does F-Zero even have a two-player mode? I swear it was single-player only on SNES, but maybe I'm mixing two things up here.

In any case, I'd be game for a future session too, maybe this weekend or next week?. How set are you on beating a game Khush? Am a tad swamped right now, so an hour or two might be my max.
Also fair warning I'm bad at platformers but you know I wanna see Khush clobber dinosaurs in Joe & Mac. Also willing to lose at Mario Kart or try some beat-em-ups (Brawl Brothers? Peacekeepers?).

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2020, 05:31:04 PM »
Does F-Zero even have a two-player mode? I swear it was single-player only on SNES, but maybe I'm mixing two things up here.

Aw man. It really is just single player only. Bummer. It's one of the few games I've kept pecking away and messing around in. Was looking forward to shocking other users with my F-Zero prowess.

In any case, I'd be game for a future session too, maybe this weekend or next week?. How set are you on beating a game Khush? Am a tad swamped right now, so an hour or two might be my max.
Also fair warning I'm bad at platformers but you know I wanna see Khush clobber dinosaurs in Joe & Mac. Also willing to lose at Mario Kart or try some beat-em-ups (Brawl Brothers? Peacekeepers?).

I want to beat a lot of games! All 34 (and whatever else gets added)! We are going to start from the top and work ourselves all the way down to the bottom of the list! I'll drag you kicking and screaming if I have to!

Obviously that won't happen since there are a bunch of single player games but there are a bunch I do want to beat but I'm also open to replaying games with other users if they want to have a finished version as well. If some of you want to play through games like Super Mario World or DK, I'll accommodate and play the same games with different users. (Of course, there's nothing preventing other people with users in this thread beside me. I don't have to be the only partner.)

I'm ok if the play session is 30 minutes or an hour or something longer or shorter. As long as we can meet up often enough then we can get through a lot of games. These SNES games don't often take too long to beat. But if all you want is to just dabble a bit and experience my Koopa / Kremling / Cro-Magnon bashing skills then that is doable but I think it would be nice to at least complete the adventure together if possible. If there's just a select few titles you want to cross off your to-do list then mention them and we can start chipping away. This weekend could work depending on the time you think you'd be available.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2020, 05:32:07 PM »
I am down to clown. I have a similar schedule where I am free most nights after 8:00 EST. Just give me a day or two notice. You know I love DK but I will play just about any of the games on there.

Ok. Well, how about tomorrow, Friday evening?

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2020, 09:17:12 PM »
Ok. Well, how about tomorrow, Friday evening?
That works for me.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2020, 10:38:44 PM »
Any particular title you've been wanting to get into?

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2020, 02:01:38 PM »
Any particular title you've been wanting to get into?
I had not thought about coop until you mentioned it so I think it is dealer's choice.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2020, 05:51:00 PM »
Successfully met up with Mr. Bungle Friday. We did some Mario Super Picross and bungled along it as we distracted each other while talking about all manner of stuff. Then we fumbled our way through Pop'N Twinbee trying to make sense of it. However, by the end and some internet research, I think we both now have a good understanding of the game so looking forward to our next gaming session when we can tackle it with this increased understanding. Let me know when you are ready for another meet-up, Mr. Bungle.

How about the rest of youse? I still want to get some DKC action happening here. C'mon already!

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2020, 02:16:54 PM »
Let me know when you are ready for another meet-up, Mr. Bungle.
How about Friday again? The blackest of Fridays that is. I am ready to cross some pi's and pop some bees!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2020, 04:14:58 PM »
Sounds good. I'll make it so. Same meet up time?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2020, 02:03:03 PM »
Well I guess this is something to do during the holidays.  It has been some time since I did co-op  in SNES online.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2020, 06:46:15 PM »
Well I guess this is something to do during the holidays.

That's the tepid enthusiasm we're looking for! Just mention when you think you'd be available to get scheduled in.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2020, 03:24:48 PM »
Sounds good. I'll make it so. Same meet up time?
Yeah, same Khush time, same Khush channel.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2020, 08:37:42 PM »
Well I guess this is something to do during the holidays.

That's the tepid enthusiasm we're looking for! Just mention when you think you'd be available to get scheduled in.

How about next weekend? The 6th of December maybe around 5pm MST?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2020, 01:40:39 AM »
As of right now, there is nothing I am aware of that would conflict with such a meet-up. So I will schedule it in. Was there a title you wished to tackle?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2020, 01:50:25 PM »
As of right now, there is nothing I am aware of that would conflict with such a meet-up. So I will schedule it in. Was there a title you wished to tackle?
I am assuming that all of the 2 player SNES Switch games can be played online correct?  If so how about Kirby Super Star, Wild Guns or DKC2?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Re: Switch SNES Online: Now You're Playing with Super Khushrenada!
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2020, 06:27:42 PM »
How about some more online gaming fun this Friday Khushrenada?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2020, 09:52:18 PM »
What a question! I must choose my answer carefully and it will be..... Yes! However, it might have to be at a bit later time. I'll let you know tomorrow afternoon if the regular 6 PM time is good or if I might have to be a bit later than that.

I am assuming that all of the 2 player SNES Switch games can be played online correct?  If so how about Kirby Super Star, Wild Guns or DKC2?

I thought I replied to this but I don't see anything in this thread. To my knowledge, every game with a 2 player option can be played together online. I'm willing to play any of the games you mentioned. I have no clue what Wild Guns would be like though. Would you be looking for co-operative play or versus play in DKC2? KSS is not a high priority for me since I know it very well but I'll still join in some co-op play if it is something you were hoping to get into.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2020, 10:21:39 PM »
Mario All Stars and Kirby Super Star sound fun to me.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2020, 12:28:49 AM »
I've yet to play SNES games online. How fun!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2020, 06:10:49 PM »

I thought I replied to this but I don't see anything in this thread. To my knowledge, every game with a 2 player option can be played together online. I'm willing to play any of the games you mentioned. I have no clue what Wild Guns would be like though. Would you be looking for co-operative play or versus play in DKC2? KSS is not a high priority for me since I know it very well but I'll still join in some co-op play if it is something you were hoping to get into.

Memory tells me Wild Guns is a 2player co-op  light gun type game. I haven't played it before but I remember it from Nintendo Power.    With DKC2 co-op play would be fun.   KSS I have wanted to play for a while but never got around to it.  So it would be fun to play with you as someone who is experienced with it. 

I think DCK2 would be good to start off with on Sunday.   One other thing is I am not sure we are Switch friends yet. My code is SW- 2862-0721-2519 Username is BeautShy.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2020, 06:19:49 PM »
What a question! I must choose my answer carefully and it will be..... Yes! However, it might have to be at a bit later time. I'll let you know tomorrow afternoon if the regular 6 PM time is good or if I might have to be a bit later than that.

Same time tonight. 6 PM.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2020, 06:20:33 PM »
Mario All Stars and Kirby Super Star sound fun to me.

Is there a time that would work for you?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2020, 06:23:14 PM »
Memory tells me Wild Guns is a 2player co-op  light gun type game. I haven't played it before but I remember it from Nintendo Power.    With DKC2 co-op play would be fun.   KSS I have wanted to play for a while but never got around to it.  So it would be fun to play with you as someone who is experienced with it. 

I think DCK2 would be good to start off with on Sunday.   One other thing is I am not sure we are Switch friends yet. My code is SW- 2862-0721-2519 Username is BeautShy.

I thought we were connected via Switch but I'll check tonight.

Fine! Be a squitter! DKC2 it is then. We can play a bit of that and switch to something else like KSS or Wild Guns as well. Just see how it goes.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2020, 06:24:02 PM »
I've yet to play SNES games online. How fun!

Do you want to?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2020, 06:27:56 PM »
In any case, I'd be game for a future session too, maybe this weekend or next week? Am a tad swamped right now, so an hour or two might be my max.

Scheduling any better? Still thinking of a future weekend?

Play sessions with Mr. Bungle have been about a couple hours so short play times are no problem. They're kind of nice. You want a break after awhile.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2020, 09:23:43 PM »

I thought we were connected via Switch but I'll check tonight.

Fine! Be a squitter! DKC2 it is then. We can play a bit of that and switch to something else like KSS or Wild Guns as well. Just see how it goes.
Just added you.   Yeah maybe play a world of DKC2 and then switch to Wild Guns or KSS is what I am thinking. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2020, 02:32:45 AM »
Wow. You've played a lot of NBA 2K20! But, yes, swapping works. That's what I've been doing with Mr. Bungle. We've done some Pop'N Twinbee and then swap to some Mario Super Picross. Although, I think we could probably get through the first couple worlds of DKC2. I don't think the first would take that long but we'll see what happens Sunday. What time were you available to play?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2020, 10:55:53 AM »
Wow. You've played a lot of NBA 2K20! But, yes, swapping works. That's what I've been doing with Mr. Bungle. We've done some Pop'N Twinbee and then swap to some Mario Super Picross. Although, I think we could probably get through the first couple worlds of DKC2. I don't think the first would take that long but we'll see what happens Sunday. What time were you available to play?
Yes I have too much time on NBA 2K20. I just like My Career a lot that I have like 4 characters at different positions.   As far as communicating maybe through Discord we can chat.  As to when we play. How about 5pm MST on Sunday the 6th?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2020, 04:19:37 PM »
5 PM will work fine. And meeting at Discord is the usual procedure.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2020, 05:07:54 PM »
BeautifulShy with NBA2k21 is probably like me with Fire Emblem currently as I always see her online playing that and I kinda feel guilty because there are other games and other people I want to play with as well (feel especially guilty when said people I want to play with are online PLAYING the games I wanted to play with them... :o ). So many games, so little time!

I could try to sync up after you two are done this evening. I hit the timeskip in Three Houses so its a good spot to hit pause and focus on other games and people (Khush w/ SNES and Monster Hunter w/ Mop it up).
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2020, 05:16:04 PM »
Where is the link to the NWR Discord again?
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2020, 05:58:48 PM »
BeautifulShy with NBA2k21 is probably like me with Fire Emblem currently as I always see her online playing that and I kinda feel guilty because there are other games and other people I want to play with as well (feel especially guilty when said people I want to play with are online PLAYING the games I wanted to play with them... :o ). So many games, so little time!

I could try to sync up after you two are done this evening. I hit the timeskip in Three Houses so its a good spot to hit pause and focus on other games and people (Khush w/ SNES and Monster Hunter w/ Mop it up).
I have played 2K20 so much it is kinda my go to game between other games much like Melee and Tri was in the GCN and Wii generations.   I just like the creative and creation process of trying different teams out and having my character go through the seasons.   

But yeah I kinda need to get back to playing with others since it is so fun.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2020, 06:00:34 PM »
Khushrenada I should be getting on Discord in about 30 minutes or so. Just so I am on there before we play. I'll message you when I boot up DKC2.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2020, 06:20:38 PM »

If you want to, it can probably be arranged. Just post some details of your schedule (time available) and I'll see if it is compatible with me.

Khushrenada I should be getting on Discord in about 30 minutes or so. Just so I am on there before we play. I'll message you when I boot up DKC2.

I take it you will be hosting the play session then? I'll be around by then.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2020, 06:32:09 PM »
Yeah I can host.  I am on Discord now.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2020, 06:59:15 PM »
I wouldn't mind playing some more of these games, but I don't think the scheduling would match up any time soon.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2020, 03:57:32 AM »
Hey Khushrenada I found a 102% play through of DKC2 so we can go back and get all the bonus levels and DK coins we missed.   I can share it with you today in the Discord messages later today.

Lets play on Sunday at 5pm MST if that is okay with you?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2020, 11:32:14 AM »
Khushrenada, I am not available this Friday but I could do Wednesday or Thursday evening. Do either of those days work for you?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2020, 06:06:31 PM »
Hey Khushrenada I found a 102% play through of DKC2 so we can go back and get all the bonus levels and DK coins we missed.   I can share it with you today in the Discord messages later today.

It's ok but I can only spend about an hour today.

Khushrenada, I am not available this Friday but I could do Wednesday or Thursday evening. Do either of those days work for you?

Wednesday is fine for me.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2020, 06:14:03 PM »

It's ok but I can only spend about an hour today.

Wednesday is fine for me.

Okay Khushrenada. A hour works for me.  I am on Discord right now and I sent you that 102% play through of DKC2 in your messages.   I can start DKC2 in about 30 minutes or so.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2020, 06:50:21 PM »
I am online with DKC2 Khushrenada.  I will be  on Discord for the time being.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2020, 03:25:53 PM »
I am too busy to play this week :'(
I should be game next week.
If anyone wants to take my place this Wednesday they should hit Khushrenada up, it's a lot of fun.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2020, 06:32:49 PM »
May I throw my hat into the ring? I don’t play online especially often, but I figure I paid $20 so I might as well try.

Also, if you saw a “DaisyFan69†on your friends list, that’s me. I changed it back in July for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. I forgot to change it back to “Catsylvaniaâ€.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2020, 05:43:54 PM »
Hey Khushrenada, are you available for SNES online tomorrow (12/30) at the usual time?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2020, 08:50:01 PM »
LOL.

Yeah, well, I’m gonna go play my own Switch SNES Online with blackjack and hookers.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2020, 05:10:47 PM »
LOL.

Yeah, well, I’m gonna go play my own Switch SNES Online with blackjack and hookers.

Sorry. I've taken my holiday time to watch a bunch of movies and commit to XCX. But I'll play some SNES with you. What did you want to play and when?

Hey Khushrenada, are you available for SNES online tomorrow (12/30) at the usual time?

Sure. Maybe we can finally complete Pop'N Twinbee on hard this time! Or were you thinking of something else?

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2020, 06:04:33 PM »
Sure. Maybe we can finally complete Pop'N Twinbee on hard this time! Or were you thinking of something else?
Cool, see you in a few hours. Let's put an end to Dr. Mardock, for good!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2021, 12:27:39 PM »
Sorry. I've taken my holiday time to watch a bunch of movies and commit to XCX. But I'll play some SNES with you. What did you want to play and when?
No need to apologize. I was joking but won’t hesitate to reference Futurama).

I’m available after 5:00 PM EST most days. I like side-scrollers. Is Donkey Kong Country 3 an option?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2021, 08:19:50 PM »
Sure is. Pokepal and I started DKC1 on VS but I think he's bailing because he's put himself in a hole and doesn't know how to get out of it. BS and I have been doing DKC2 on co-op but save issues have kept us back to the first couple worlds/lands so far. No one has talked about DKC3 with me yet.

Not sure if you want co-op or VS but they're all available.(Although I've been wanting to do VS more. Now's the time to take me on in them when I'm still rusty and have forgotten abit about what these stages are like.) Normally, since I'm working full-time, I'm only available from 8:00 PM EST until late on weekdays but do have holidays at the moment so an earlier time can be arranged at the moment.

Hence, I leave it up to whoever wants to partner with me to take the lead and just post the time and date they want to play. I've made myself as available as I can and now it is up to the second player to claim the time they want of that availability.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2021, 11:27:40 AM »
Just an update on this.

1. Yes, I’m still down for DKC3. If we do Versus, you’ll still have the advantage since I’ve never played it. I always meant to do this is as good a time as any.

2. Versus is fine with me.

3. May be a delay on connecting. Dealing with some house stuff (upstairs toilet was leaking in two, technically three different places because sure, why not?). For the life of me, I cannot remove these rusted wing nuts.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2021, 03:49:00 PM »
Anyone for tennis? Smash Tennis that is. Usual time tonight Khushrenada?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2021, 06:53:18 PM »
Ohhhh shoot! I can't do the meet-up tonight. I was going to post yesterday and it just hit me now. I've actually got someone at my place tonight and we are doing some classic GC Mario Party action. O can meet Friday night or another day (or next week as normal) but today was the only day my friend was available to do this and booked it a couple days ago only realizing after that it would conflict with our normal playtime. I'm very sorry about not mentioning it sooner.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2021, 12:10:42 PM »
No problem. Let's just shoot for next Wednesday.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2021, 07:07:57 PM »
Sure thing. I think everything should ok to resume again next Wednesday.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2021, 06:39:07 PM »
Still on for the SNES meet-up, Mr. Bungle?

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2021, 10:11:27 PM »
Yeah, we totally should... I mean did :D

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2021, 10:37:02 AM »
Are you available tonight Khushrenada?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2021, 04:06:22 PM »
No, sorry. I didn't want to close the door on it last week but I really need the time to keep packing after all so it will have to be next week.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2021, 04:49:52 PM »
No, sorry. I didn't want to close the door on it last week but I really need the time to keep packing after all so it will have to be next week.
:(  Your company will be missed. Good luck with the move.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2021, 06:15:08 PM »
:(  Your company will be missed. Good luck with the move.

Thanks. I really didn't want to move. I was evicted in a controversial decision. I didn't like it and went on the News to give my side of the story. Tried taking the issue to court but was dismissed. Other people who heard my story on the news and supported my side of the matter started getting vocal about it and even decided to protest at the HQ of the property agent on my behalf. Unfortunately, they were a bunch of losers and ended up causing a lot of damage for which I got left holding the bill. So, then I was really forced to leave my place. Oh well. It was kind of a dump anyways. And the new tenant they have lined up looks like an idiot. I bet he ends up doing a whole bunch of damage in the end and then the agency will realize they were better off with me as the tenant and what a huge mistake they've made. They'll probably coming crawling back to me asking me to save them and then I'll look down at them and whisper no.

....Welp, guess I'll see you next week.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2021, 11:32:17 AM »
Mr. Bungle, sorry to say I'll have to postpone the meet-up again this week. Still in moving chaos. I've almost finished getting everything out of the old place but still have to hose it down. Meanwhile, my new place is full of boxes and needs organization. I don't have my computer hooked up yet so wouldn't have access to Discord or a microphone. Just not ready in time to resume things yet.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
Re: Switch SNES Online: Now You're NOT Playing with Khushrenada!
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2021, 04:41:36 PM »
Don't worry Bungle. I can play with you.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2021, 05:26:19 PM »
Mr. Bungle, sorry to say I'll have to postpone the meet-up again this week. Still in moving chaos. I've almost finished getting everything out of the old place but still have to hose it down. Meanwhile, my new place is full of boxes and needs organization. I don't have my computer hooked up yet so wouldn't have access to Discord or a microphone. Just not ready in time to resume things yet.
Totally understandable. I moved last year and it was a solid month before I had the war room back in order. Just apply all those Picross skills to unpacking  ;)

For real?! What did you have in mind? We usually start at 8:00 PM ET and play the SNES online, but I could start a little later or play something else.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2021, 06:07:46 PM »
Totally understandable. I moved last year and it was a solid month before I had the war room back in order. Just apply all those Picross skills to unpacking  ;)

Picross skills? Moving and packing is all about them Tetris skillz! All my second place finishes in Tetris 99 are probably why this move is going so slow...

For real?! What did you have in mind? We usually start at 8:00 PM ET and play the SNES online, but I could start a little later or play something else.

Oh yeah, pokepal is great to meet up and play with you for a session and then get disinterested by the end and never join you again.  >:(

(Unless the game is Federation Force although we were supposed to complete Blast Ball and that has yet to happen.)

Ok.

Nice Paint Job.

Ok.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2021, 07:01:37 PM »
I'm new to this.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2021, 01:07:08 PM »
How is tomorrow looking Khushrenada? Also did you want to do more tennis or try something else?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2021, 03:48:47 PM »
Oh yes! Things are good to go on my end again.

Although...., I was thinking about this yesterday. My place has a different set-up. Before my computer was very close to my TV making it easy to hook up my headphones and microphone to it and communicate while then playing on the TV. Now they are in separate rooms but on the opposite sides of the same wall. I'm not sure if my cords will stretch and wrap around far enough to allow me to be hooked up to them and see the screen. I'll have to check on that tonight. Communication may be more difficult if I can't. (Or I just play the Switch in portable mode.)

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2021, 09:37:13 PM »
This is why I like laptops.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2021, 12:37:13 PM »
Mr. Bungle, let's meet up tomorrow night like we talked about last week. It will work out much better that way.

(Did you tell Pokepal about how we both successfully complete Mine Cart Carnage in our VS playthrough of DKC? Maybe someday he'll git gud like us and improve his gaming skillz to finally get past that wall.)

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2021, 01:02:51 PM »
Mr. Bungle, let's meet up tomorrow night like we talked about last week. It will work out much better that way.
Sounds good, I am adding "monkey business" to my calendar for tomorrow right now.

Did you tell Pokepal about how we both successfully complete Mine Cart Carnage in our VS playthrough of DKC? Maybe someday he'll git gud like us and improve his gaming skillz to finally get past that wall.
I think there is only one way to settle this, the three of us play Smash sometime using only DK characters!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2021, 03:50:35 PM »
Did you tell Pokepal about how we both successfully complete Mine Cart Carnage in our VS playthrough of DKC? Maybe someday he'll git gud like us and improve his gaming skillz to finally get past that wall.
I think there is only one way to settle this, the three of us play Smash sometime using only DK characters!

Poke Floats, Invincibility Star Item only on High, Coin Battle, DK only. It is the Smash Bros. Law for Dispute Settling.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2021, 04:08:35 PM »

(Did you tell Pokepal about how we both successfully complete Mine Cart Carnage in our VS playthrough of DKC? Maybe someday he'll git gud like us and improve his gaming skillz to finally get past that wall.)
Sorry. I can't hear you over the sound of you getting a game over in Kirby.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2021, 04:15:30 PM »

Sorry. I can't hear you over the sound of you getting a game over in Kirby.

That's some good continue music, isn't it? I like to play it loud too. (And you do realize you got a Game Over in Kirby too, right? We were playing together in multiplayer. This wasn't single player and all on me. You also failed in protecting Kirby.)

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2021, 04:19:52 PM »
If you look closely I was trying to lead kirby to safety. It's not my fault that I can't protect kirby from himself.

Compelling evidence

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2021, 04:23:46 PM »
But what about all the times before that when you died as a helper and I had to keep giving up my ability to spawn you? (Or getting you the "right" power-up?) It's not like the game started at that point of your video. It was a 1,000 little paper cuts of failures that led to such a point. You can't escape your part in the Kirby Game Over scandal!

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2021, 04:28:05 PM »
Clearly that was just me doing my duty as a helper and protecting you. It's not my help you needed so much protection.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2021, 04:40:17 PM »
When I played Kirby's Dream Land 3 with Mop it up, I was in the helper role as Gooey and we did not have a Game Over. We successfully completed that game. So, the weak link in this chain seems to be you. If you were a better Kirby helper like me then we would not have suffered a Game Over like Mop it up and I.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2021, 04:44:24 PM »
Dreamland 3 is nowhere near as action heavy as Super Star though (and Gooey is just a better helper character.)

TBF for a second here, Super Star actually gives you very little health which is a pain. I believe the remake actually gives you a bit more health and also redid the physics to be a bit more intuitive.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 04:49:38 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2021, 05:02:49 PM »
Why did Insanolord listen to Mop it up and allow users to change their custom titles?! Thanks, Obama.

I think Unprofessional Kirby Helper is way funnier.  :P   ;D

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2021, 04:42:40 PM »
More Monkey Mayhem tonight Khushrenada?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2021, 05:39:25 PM »
Yes sir. I was just coming here to post and check if you were still on for it.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2021, 06:19:40 PM »
I wouldn't want you playing "Prehistorik [sic] Man" all by yourself.  :)

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2021, 12:30:51 PM »
Join us tonight for part 5 in our 6 part long play of Donkey Kong Country. Catch all the Monkey Mayhem live at twitch.tv/khushrenada

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2021, 02:07:53 PM »
It's gonna be good! We're in the Kremkroc Industries now! Also, what are you linking to? This is my Twitch channel.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2021, 02:57:51 PM »
It's gonna be good! We're in the Kremkroc Industries now! Also, what are you linking to? This is my Twitch channel.
Now that's what I call music!

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2021, 03:37:17 PM »
Tonight is the thrilling conclusion of our DKC VS. play through. Will Khushrenada get khrushed by his completionist tendencies or will Mr. B bungle his significant lead? I heard the loser has to post a recording of themselves performing the DK Rap :o .

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2021, 06:10:27 PM »
I don't know. I got to get Safe Words launched already and want to work on that when I get home.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2021, 06:38:14 PM »
We can take the week off. Just let me know when you decide. There is always the ever-present backlog to tackle  :D

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2021, 08:00:23 PM »
Yeah, it's a shame since we were close to finishing DKC but perhaps we should skip this week then. (Unless you want to meet tomorrow.) I'm getting close to finishing the write-up I'm doing for Safe Words but it could be another 30 minutes yet.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2021, 08:05:24 PM »
Let's just plan to meet next week. Looking forward to Safe Words.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2021, 11:10:44 PM »
Alright. Sorry I got busy this week. Plus some idiot at work downloaded something on their computer so supervisors were laying down the rules about only using the internet for work-related things. ((Is it that hard to practice safe internet, people?! >:( ) Made it hard to visit this site to try and get the game ready sooner. Plus, I don't like canceling these appointments after making a big deal of being ready to play for anyone that wants to take advantage of the SNES app.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2021, 11:29:25 PM »
I heard the loser has to post a recording of themselves performing the DK Rap :o .
Yikes, I didn't realize there were such high stakes!

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2021, 03:11:43 PM »
Can Khushrenada come out and play?  :D
Let me know if you can spare a few hours away from Xenoblade tonight.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2021, 04:01:58 PM »
Yes. Let's DK do this!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2021, 04:16:09 PM »
I heard the loser has to post a recording of themselves performing the DK Rap :o .
Yikes, I didn't realize there were such high stakes!

Not that high. I already have a recording of DK Rap out in wild. Perhaps you are familiar with this version in which you can hear me at the 1:56 mark. There's also this wild performance that has mixed reactions because of the very different arrangement I do for the song. I wanted it to sound more like a new song then a remix and some people just don't like change.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2021, 04:11:50 PM »
So, are we beating each other up tonight, Mr. Bungle?

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2021, 05:25:31 PM »
Yeah, let's give Doomsday Warrior a try. I cannot find a manual online but here is an faq:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/snes/588286-doomsday-warrior/faqs/23260

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2021, 02:44:42 PM »
Does Khushrenada want to finish Doomsday Warrior tonight?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2021, 05:25:11 PM »
Yeah, let's struggle through the last two fighters and wrap up that crapfest tonight. :laugh;

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #104 on: April 01, 2021, 03:02:35 PM »
Is the Rockin' Dog available to play SNES online tonight?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 01, 2021, 05:24:03 PM »
Actually, sorry, no. I've been taking the liberty of a posting break that I mentioned at the end of last year's Topic of the Day thread and taking care of things I need to get done because of this thing called "life responsibilities". So, we'll have to get Lost in the Tropics next week.

Although tomorrow is a holiday so if you wanted to meet up tomorrow in the afternoon or later then I'd be fine to do that as an alternative.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #106 on: April 01, 2021, 05:34:39 PM »
Let's just plan for next week.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2021, 03:18:30 PM »
Topic of the Day:  :D
Song of the Day:  ;D
SNES online with Mr. Bungle:  ???

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2021, 04:39:13 PM »
That too! We are going dinosaur hunting in the tropics tonight. Turok ain't got nothing on us.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2021, 04:28:59 PM »
Do you want to finish the jungle boogie tonight, Mr. Bungle?

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2021, 04:35:54 PM »
Fo sho! We can't let Gork get away with grand theft crown.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2021, 04:53:50 PM »
Alright. May only do an hour tonight though as I've been feeling a bit exhausted / low energy the past couple days.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2021, 10:12:11 AM »
Heads up. Set your disappointments to mild. I won't be available for a meet-up tonight. Heading out of town over the next few days and am going to use tonight to get ready and go to bed a bit early.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 10:16:05 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2021, 11:51:17 AM »
Well, that gives me another week to pick a game to play next. Safe travels Khushrenada.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2021, 01:29:16 PM »
Khushrenada, are you back in town and up for some SNES online?
How about The Peace Keepers?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2021, 05:28:33 PM »
Alright. I'll meet up with you in a bit.