Author Topic: Nintendo Downloads - August 6, 2015  (Read 3172 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Nintendo Downloads - August 6, 2015
« on: August 06, 2015, 02:43:00 AM »

Insert your "over 9000" joke of choice here.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/40894/nintendo-downloads-august-6-2015

Usually North America gets more love on the Wii U end of things, so this week's a little strange in that the 3DS has a couple of big ones on the way. One's actually arrived, as it turns out - Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 launched on Tuesday, and Zach loved it like it was a top-heavy dinosaur. If you prefer smaller writing, Picross E6 brings another round of puzzle fun, or you can just beat people up with the demo of DBZ: Extreme Butoden and have the progress carry over to the game's October release.

That's not to say the Wii U's going quietly - we know that after a year of waiting from the original's release, Golden Sun: The Lost Age will hit the Virtual Console along with Capcom releasing something that isn't Mega Man for GBA as well (Onimusha Tactics). I know, I'm shocked too.

Europe's really feeling this week's releases as Xenoblade Chronicles stunned everyone by dropping on the eShop yesterday. They also catch up on a couple of DS releases from North America as Star Fox Command and DK Jungle Climber drop. If you prefer original titles, the intriguing Beatbuddy will be available on the Wii U. Meanwhile, the 3DS has the aforementioned Butoden demo.

North America

3DS Retail

Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight (US$49.99/C$59.99: added on the 4th, free DLC available)

Wii U Downloads

Astral Breakers ($4.99/$5.79)

Kung Fu FIGHT! ($1.99/$2.49)

3DS Downloads

Picross E6 ($5.99)

Best of Arcade Games - Brick Breaker ($9.99/$12.99)

Best of Arcade Games - Tetraminos ($9.99/$12.99)

Japanese Rail Sim 3D Journey to Kyoto ($19.99/$26.03)

Jewel Quest 4 Heritage ($5.99/$6.25)

Wii U Virtual Console

Golden Sun: The Lost Age (GBA) ($7.99)

Onimusha Tactics (GBA) ($6.99)

"All throughout August, classic games for hard-core gamers are coming to the Virtual Console on Wii U, starting with these Game Boy Advance RPGs"

Demos and Trials

Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden

Japanese Rail Sim 3D Journey to Kyoto

3DS Themes

AeternoBlade ($1.99)

Puzzle and Dragons: Super Mario Edition ($1.99/$2.49)

Sales and Price Drops

Atlus sales: Citizens of Earth is $4.99 (from $14.99) from August 10 - 17, Etrian Odyssey Untold is $14.99 (from $29.99) until August 10, and Shin Megami Tensei IV will be permanently reduced to $19.99 on August 10.

A-Train 3D: City Simulator is $19.99 (from $29.99) permanently.

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones is $7.49 (from $14.99) until August 27.

Tiny Galaxy is $3.99 (from $5.99) from August 7 - September 30.

GetClose: A game for RIVALS is $0.99 (from $2.99) until August 27.

Plenty of Fishies is $2.99 (from $4.99) until September 30.

RCMADIAX games are on sale until September 30.

Circle Entertainment games (Brunch Panic, KAMI and Sweet Memories Blackjack) are on sale until August 27.

Europe

Wii U Downloads

Beatbuddy (€8.99 / £8.09)

Sanatory Hallways (€9.99 / £8.99)

Wii U Virtual Console

Star Fox Command (DS) (€9.99 / £8.99)

Donkey Kong Jungle Climber (DS) (€9.99 / £8.99)

Wii Retail (eShop)

Xenoblade Chronicles (€19.99 / £17.99: buying by 19 August will give a €10.00 / £9.00 discount on Xenoblade Chronicles X)

Demos and Trials

Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden

Sales and Price Reductions

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones from Curve Digital is 50% off through 27 August.

High Strangeness is 50% off through 9 August.

Hello Kity & Sanrio Friends 3D Racing is 50% off through 3 September.

Cypronia titles are on sale through 5 September: Angry Bunnies Colossal Carrot Crusade, Cake Ninja 3, Color Zen, Color Kids, My Style Studio Hair Salon/Notebook, Angry Bunnies, Bubble Pop World, Fishdom H2O: Hidden Odyssey

EnjoyUp Games titles are on sale through 3 September: 99Seconds, Darts Up, Rock 'n Racing Off Road, Darts Up 3D, Dress To Play Cute Witches, Football Up Online, TOYS VS MONSTERS

CIRCLE Ent. titles are on sale through 27 August: Brunch Panic, KAMI, Sweet Memories Blackjack

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Leo13

• Score: 13
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Downloads - August 6, 2015
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 10:54:33 AM »
"All throughout August, classic games for hard-core gamers are coming to the Virtual Console on Wii U, starting with these Game Boy Advance RPGs"

You can't tell me that Xenoblade isn't going to arrive in August after today.  If they see NOE drop Xenoblade and then say the above message and don't give us Xenoblade during the month of August...words can't describe what that'll do.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 03:58:55 PM by NWR_insanolord »

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 02:15:29 PM »
Not getting Xenoblade sucks. It'll probably come eventually... although you have to think that releasing soon would be good considering the staggering length of that game and the rapidly approaching sequel.

Seeing Golden Sun The Lost Age on Wii U (instead of 3DS) kind of sucks too.

Oh well.  NoA never fails to disappoint in disappointing.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 07:37:28 PM »
How they stagger the VC between the systems is definitely a disappointment to me.  With Sony, all PSOne Classics can be played on the PS3/Vita/PSP and I think also the PS4.  This should be the way it is with Wii U & 3DS where all VC games are released on both systems.

It'd be awesome to be able to buy Golden Sun, play it at home on the Wii U and then take it with you on the 3DS when you go places.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 08:13:35 PM »
Not getting Xenoblade sucks. It'll probably come eventually... although you have to think that releasing soon would be good considering the staggering length of that game and the rapidly approaching sequel.

Seeing Golden Sun The Lost Age on Wii U (instead of 3DS) kind of sucks too.

Oh well.  NoA never fails to disappoint in disappointing.
Look, there is clearly not a market for handheld games on the 3DS.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 08:20:25 PM »
The problem with the way Sony does things is sometimes a game is technically compatible with a platform but in reality it's completely broken. Final Fantasy V was available on Vita, but riddled with glitches to the point of being unplayable, for a long time. Nintendo needs to find a way to make things compatible and speed up the process, but I'd prefer the way they do things now to how it often works on Sony platforms.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 08:44:04 PM »
The problem with FFV is Sony keeps using the same crap port they've had since 1999.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 08:57:34 PM »
It was actually substantially worse than that on Vita until fairly recently. There are a lot of things to criticize about the way Nintendo handles the Virtual Console, but the quality of their emulation is impeccable, which is far from universal on other platforms.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2015, 11:55:22 PM »
You guys are setting yourselves up for failure if you think Xenoblade is coming out at any time this summer.

NoA's gonna NoA.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2015, 06:48:32 PM »
That reminds me, I still gotta play Golden Sun...

Offline motang

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2015, 06:13:51 PM »
Dragon Ball Z game is quite fun.