Author Topic: Amazing Deals!  (Read 108232 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Deals!
« Reply #175 on: February 07, 2015, 04:30:17 PM »
Google giving Chromecast owners $6 in Play Store Credit FREE!!
http://www.engadget.com/2015/02/06/chromecast-owners-get-6-dollars-from-google/

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 10, 2015, 05:11:36 PM »
I don't know who here does their own taxes, but it is Tax season and Turbo Tax has free filings for first time users right now.

turbotax.com

I went to a Hewlittt Jackson preparer for my simple taxes.... just checking to see how much they charge. They wanted $260 to file my taxes !!! o_O
all because there was an additional 2 forms to fill out for Health Ins.

He waslked through a very similar program to Turbo Tax, and we spent maybe 5 minutes on the health questions that we clicked multiple choice options to. (he gave me a free prep just to see what I would get since he couldn't tell me exactly how much I would have to pay for fees).

Long story short, I went to turbo tax and got the exact same return in about the same amount of time he took to click through a very similar program that walked him through each thing that needed to be considered. I will never pay a tax preparer again if TurboTax is literally this easy to use.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 10, 2015, 08:13:48 PM »
It is that easy, and I just got my last fat tax return.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #178 on: February 10, 2015, 08:26:37 PM »
I'm not sure I'd trust a tax program that got suspended for fraud in some states, but whatever floats your boat.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 10, 2015, 09:16:37 PM »
If you don't make a lot the IRS has offered a Free eFiling program since 2001 or so.  Its simpler for them.  HR  Block is one of the choices.  I've used both HR Block and the last few years I've done TurboTax.  It's really easy unless your Wife works in a complicated low wage job.  I might go back to HR Block though because Turbo Tax has gotten dumber over the years.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: February 10, 2015, 09:34:50 PM »
They suspended themselves because of people doing allegedly fraudulent returns, they were not suspended by a state, and it was for state returns. Good states don't have state taxes. And Florida.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 11, 2015, 01:27:48 AM »
Never paid to do my taxes with the exception of last year. I always do it through TurboTax. If you do a 1040 or 1040 EZ it is no charge for federal returns ever. Last year I got the upgrade because my wife worked a job where she was paid "commission" and we had to report it on a 1099. Upgrading cost $30 but because of that we got a $300 discount with some special small business tax breaks.

Though we ended up paying taxes for the first time in a good while because we made a lot more money than before. I even went to a tax professional that gave free advice because of the amount owed and his response was "welcome to the middle class". We made too much to get assistance/tax breaks and too little to pay it easily. Thankfully we had enough of an emergency fund in place to cover it but it was close. Be careful if you work 6 jobs between two people for a year and set some aside for extra taxes.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 11, 2015, 12:55:52 PM »
Last time I had a major bump in pay I was taking out the max in contributions and claiming 0 so the guv'ment would take the maximum as well. I did not want to be screwed come tax time, and I didn't need all the extra money on hand, I was used to getting by comfortably on much less.

Honestly, if I had realized TurboTax basically walks you through doing your taxes like a pop-up book, I would have been using that years ago. I know I won't be using a tax guy anymore. It was just too easy to do it myself to pay someone else to do it for me.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 12, 2015, 03:26:19 PM »
Add a Free 2GB of space to your Google Drive
http://googledrive.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/safer-internet-day-2015.html

direct link: http://goo.gl/ccgyV0
takes less than a minute. verify that your account has been secure and only accessed by you. Get 2GB  of free storage space added to your account.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 03:35:24 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 12, 2015, 03:38:53 PM »
I almost had to pay 1 year because I filled out my W-4 as I was "supposed to" and it looked like I had 9 dependents.  I just filled it with 1 the next time and always get a refund.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 12, 2015, 07:04:24 PM »
How do I know if I got my 2GB added? I am at 15 right now.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 12, 2015, 07:21:20 PM »
they will add it near the end of the month. you will get an email when it's done.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 13, 2015, 08:19:44 PM »
Get a FREE Amazon Fire TV Stick or a Roku Stick if you buy 3 months of SlingTV
http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/12/8026927/free-amazon-fire-tv-roku-streaming-stick-sling-tv

alternatively, you could get $50 off either of the base models the sticks are based on instead with that purchase. I personally can vouch for a Roku 3. nice little piece of machinery there. Netflix and Plex Player interfaces are worth the purchase alone. The other 1000 apps/games you may find interest in are just icing on the cake.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 13, 2015, 08:45:50 PM »
If you're on the fence about getting a FireTV then it's probably a good deal but Sling TV doesn't have nearly enough content yet and has a lot of restrictions that make it...not good. I'm pretty sure they're doing 7-day free trials right now though.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 13, 2015, 09:28:16 PM »
Not sure it this counts but I just got a Surface Pro 2 for $219.00

https://www.dailysteals.com

And I also grabbed a Playstation Tv bundle for 49.99 (box, dual shock 3, 8gb men and lego movie game)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KVMHSUM/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=0RYZVJEJSQ5Q5XW85P7T&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=1970559082&pf_rd_i=desktop

I think both deals expire today, sorry i'm late

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 14, 2015, 10:08:38 AM »
Pretty good deals, especially the PSTV. That's not a Surface Pro 2 though, it's a Surface 2 (which I never even knew they made). It's Windows RT and an NVidia proessor. You might want to cancel your order, it's not what you think it is.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 03:34:01 PM by Brandogg »

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 14, 2015, 10:15:03 PM »
HOLY HELL! Thats a freakin Surface 2 and not a pro. FUCKERY! I don't think or know if $219 for a Surface2 is even a good deal? Is it better than my Nexus 7 2013? Benchmarks, I need BENCHMARKS!

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 14, 2015, 10:16:54 PM »
Its a Surface, there are no good endings regardless how powerful it physically is.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 14, 2015, 11:12:40 PM »
It can only run "Metro" style "apps." Benchmarks matter not in this case. It does come with Microsoft Office though. Now, a Tegra 4 is a capable chipset: quad core 1.8Ghz, 2GB RAM, and a decent GPU - however, like I said, it can only, and will only run Windows RT apps because it's not an Intel-based processor, it's an ARM processor, like found in cell phones (I will be happy to write a "Hello World" program for you in Visual Studio, however). The Google ADT-1 (Android TV developer console) runs on a Tegra 4 SOC, and it kicks ass, but like I said...no support for "real" Windows due to the architecture.

The people who buy it are generally happy, but they know what they're getting into ahead of time. I was going to jump on the offer until I saw it was a Surface 2 and not a Surface Pro 2 (which go for around $600 base). Honestly the 32GB should have raised an eyebrow after the initial oversight.

It might be possible to somehow get Chromium OS or a version of Linux (I would imagine there's an ARM-based version of Ubuntu out there) installed on it.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 11:19:58 PM by Brandogg »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 14, 2015, 11:24:42 PM »
Spoiler alert: you can't install anything over RT. I should have remembered that, since I did a 2,500 word report about UEFI, Secure Boot, etc., just last semester. I can share it if anyone is interested.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 15, 2015, 05:57:58 PM »
Thanks bro! When I read the spec sheet I saw 8.1 and thought it was regular 8.1 and not RT. Shambles! I never used a Surface. I thought it would be cool just for Office and the Web Browser and a few apps but a Quick sight check of the Microsoft store proves this thing is almost obsolete from an App standpoint. Thinking I might just cancel before it ships and avoid the 15% restocking fee. 

It's going back, I just found it at Microcenter for 199.99 and I can check it out 1st and not pay for the restocking fee. I want a 10" Tablet and I'm a cheap bastard.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 22, 2015, 04:12:50 PM »
http://techcrunch.com/2015/09/22/amazon-prime-memberships-drop-to-67-on-friday-only/

$67 Prime Membership for *New Members Only* - 1 day only (Friday 9/25/15)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 22, 2015, 06:39:34 PM »
I wonder if they're giving the same deal to college students (33% off of half price). I already renewed for $50 last month...but $33 would have been nice.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 28, 2015, 02:40:14 AM »
50% Off Domino's Pizza 11/27-12/06

https://www.dominos.com/en/

online order only

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 11, 2016, 09:53:01 PM »
Anyone looking for a New TV?

A Vizio? Smart TV? 55"? 4k? under $600.00?
https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-vizio-55-4k-ultra-hd-smart-led-tv

I would totally be all over this TV if I hadn't just made a large purchase.
Here is the amazon page for comparison:
https://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-M55-C2-55-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B00T63YMGK

and I love the look of the remote. (check the 2nd review for pics)