Author Topic: Penny Arcade Expo 2007  (Read 10819 times)

Offline bosshogx

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
RE:Penny Arcade Expo 2007
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2007, 04:33:26 AM »
Hey guys,

I met up with Shyguy after the first round of the Omegathon.  Nice guy, ironically though, not shy.  Hmmm....false advertising perhaps?  Special thanks for tracking me down.  Hope to see you again next year.

I did make it to the finals and lost in Halo 3.  Having never played Halo before, I thought I put on a good show.  You guys can probably find videos roaming around youtube if your interested in seeing how I did.  The good news is that I'm automatically entered into next years tournament and I'm supposed to get a nice chunk of credit on a gift card.  Oh, I also got to keep the sword, a Wakizashi, that Tycho gave me on stage.  The shorter sword of the paired Daisho, the Wakizashi is also known as the "Honor Blade" due to it's use in the decapitating of defeated foes in an honorable fashion.

Here's some more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wakizashi

I'm actually liking the parallel of defeating next years Omeganauts in an honorable fashion.  If I get to the finals next year and win, I will pass on the Wakizashi to the losing Omeganaut.  Hopefully, it will become a time honored tradition.    
www.mondaynightcrew.com
A video game webcomic that's updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933
Planet Puzzle League 180490-316211
Advance Wars 171922-891988

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
RE: Penny Arcade Expo 2007
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2007, 05:39:24 AM »
Congrats.  You did much better than I did.  Maybe I'll be there to watch ya next year.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline bosshogx

• View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2007, 10:26:54 AM »

Originally posted by: Pale
Congrats.  You did much better than I did.  I will be there to watch ya next year.

Corrected!
www.mondaynightcrew.com
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2007, 03:00:15 PM »
Hey bosshogx, congrats on getting the runner up spot! Hope you  got to pimp MNC to plenty of people while you were there. Did you get to check out much of the rest of the show or where you on a diligent training regimen?

Offline bosshogx

• View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2007, 03:28:11 AM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
Hey bosshogx, congrats on getting the runner up spot! Hope you  got to pimp MNC to plenty of people while you were there. Did you get to check out much of the rest of the show or where you on a diligent training regimen?

Sadly no, I didn't get to see to much of the show.  I was shuffled around from area to area on the second and third days of the Omegathon.  Day one was pretty loose though, day two had about an hour to an hour and a half between events for some free time.  The last day was a total lockdown though.  I got to round five, upon winning had about 45 minutes then went to the big stage for the last two hours of the show.

All in all, it was an excellent time though and I'm looking forward to winning it all next year.  We were able to pimp out the site fairly well, it's amazing how people react to the expression, "Hey, anyone want some free stuff?"
www.mondaynightcrew.com
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933