Author Topic: Earthbound Mafia XXXVII Rules, Roles, Players, and Questions.  (Read 3343 times)

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
Earthbound Mafia XXXVII Rules, Roles, Players, and Questions.
« on: September 27, 2009, 11:56:33 PM »
Players Remaining:
DAaaMan
EasyCure
Maxi
stevey
Khush
Dasmos
decoyman
vudu
nickmitch
Mop_it_up
GoldenPhoenix

All roles remain.

Every player is a veteran player, and as such, rules will be abbreviated, with mostly deviations pointed out.
This game is similar to a standard mafia game.  The game is divided into days, and nights.  During the day, all players vote for the player they choose to lynch, and at the end of the day, this player is killed.  During the night, the mafia godfather kills a player, so long as he or she wasn't lynched that day.

Day Actions typically occur as I receive them during the day.  The must be sent in before the end of the day, and the Psychic Prodigy's action has to be sent in earlier.  The Psychic Prodigy's action will take effect during the night, despite being a day action.

Night actions occur all at once.  Often, they effect the following day, and in some cases, require more guesswork than day actions do.  Night actions have until 30 minutes after the end of day [12:30am EST] to be sent in.  They may be sent in any time before that, though, and if the action is possible during the night, it will happen the same as if you sent it in earlier.

I will not reveal the final vote total that factors in who's votes counted, how much they counted for, and which votes were blocked.  I will reveal the rankings of highest vote total to lowest.

In the event of a tie, the player who received the earliest public vote will lose.

The Embodiment of Evil and the Cultist are winners if all courageous players die before the game is over.  The courageous players win if all the evil players die before the game is over.

The Greedy players win if all the Pure players are killed, while the pure players are victorious when all the greedy players die.

In essence, this game is one where "Courageous and Pure" are against "Evil and Greedy."

The game will not end until all of the Courageous or Evil are dead while all of the Pure or Greedy are dead.  If all Courageous players die, then all Evil players die, the Evil players, since they lasted longer, would be the winner of that group.   The same goes for Pure and Greedy.

This means that a Courageous player would do well to work with his or her pure counterparts, but are not necessary allies.  The same can be said of Evil and Greedy.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
Re: Earthbound Mafia XXXVII Rules, Roles, Players, and Questions.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 12:13:37 AM »
Abilities/Roles:

Grandfather's Legacy/Chosen One
This character's votes count for double if he or she targets and evil player.  He or she is a courageous player.  It counts as two votes, and the second vote is as if this character used his ability on the player that was voted against.  Automatic Day Action.

Helpless Tagalong
Votes against this character count double, but if this player receives votes, he or she gets to snoop into my business, naming a player and learning who that player targeted during the same day/night that Helpless Tagalong received a vote.  Despite being helpless, this player is courageous.  Any vote protection will nullify one vote, but since Helpless Tagalong receives two votes, the protection won't protect from both. If the player doesn't direct actions, nothing will be learned.  If the player directs more than one action, he or she learns all actions directed. Action occurs at night.

The player is actually immune to Role-blocking actions, or anything that would stop his or her ability from working.

Weak Nerd --Night 1---> Inventor-Genius
On Day One, this player does nothing.  He/she will receive a list of random junk from me, and may choose to work through the night to fix an item, or use whichever items (Yes, more than one item can be choosen at a time, but he has to fix them, first!)
The items can do one of the following:
Block a vote against the player of his choosing
Play a song
Add a vote to the player of his/her choosing
Send a message to all players
Absorb the votes cast by any character or characters he/she chooses.
This player is courageous
Repairs occur over night.  If no repair was performed the prior night, any and all items can be used during the day.

Psychic Friend/Psychic Child Prodigy
This character can call out to people whom she/he has never met.  The Psychic can send whatever message he or she likes to me, name a target, and I'll send a "PSYCHIC MESSAGE" from said player to this player.  This character comes with a Teddy Bear, to absorb up to two votes, but this happens whether he or she needs the votes absorbed or not. Courageous.  This action is due at 10 PM EST, rather than before the day is over!

Attractive, Psychic Royalty/Orphan Royalty
A Pure character, despite "Gottin' it and Flauntin' it," this character can see whenever an ability is used on him or her.  He/she learns the ability that targeted him/her, or all of the abilities, if more than one target him/her. Automatic action.  This role can't be blocked, if you try, of course, the player will see someone tried to block him or her, and just laugh. :p

Lonely Child  -- Day 2--> Child of Pure Intentions
Again, useless on the first day.  On the second day, this child gains PSI Love, which can protect any friend he chooses from two votes. Day action.

Child's Companion, Dog
Can sniff out where a player is currently allied, but not his or her actual role.  This is a day action.  The Dog is pure.

Reformed Gangleader --Night 3--> Influential Cultist
The Gangleader starts out this game reformed!  Yes, this time, he or she's good, but if the game lasts long enough, the evil Mani-Mani statue will influence him toward a greater evil, and he or she will become a Cult Leader!  A Kelly Green, Hippie-type cult-leader, at that!
As a Reformed Gangleader, he can send his minions to block one role's ability.  To do so, he or she can send me a PM to tell me which ROLE will be blocked.  The reformed Gangleader wins if all of the evil is defeated.  This action occurs at night, and lasts throughout the proceeding day.

To transform, however, there must still be an evil player remaining, but the Cultist is allied on the evil side.

As a Cultist, he is allied with evil, and wins by killing the courageous. He can paint things green, making all players very confused, mixing up targets of a role of his choosing, making the target random.  Additionally, he can inherit the ability to make a hit from the Embodiment of evil, should the game come to this rare point.  This action occurs at night but lasts throughout the proceeding day.

Proud Child --Night 1--> Puppet of Selfishness
On day one, this character is Good, but it's largely semantic.  The only way this character can win on the Good side, is if he or she dies on that very first day.  Otherwise, his role progresses to one allied with Selfishness.  This play can fire a bolt of lightning, nullifying one vote AND one vote protection of a chosen player the following day.  He transforms as long as Greed is still in the game after the first day, and his ability comes into effect immediately.  Nullification of a vote protection delays one of the Pyschic Prodigies absorption for the next day, rather than removing it.  This player's action occurs at night but affects the proceeding day.

Alien Invader/Embodiment of Evil
Leader of the evil, this character knows all evil roles.  He has a few abilities:  He can send a message, through the host, to any player in the game, just like the psychic prodigy.  He also directs hits on the first three nights, and continues on, should the greed leader die before then.  Interestingly enough, he is able to witness who messages are directed to from the psychic prodigy, even before the messages are sent, but he cannot tell the content of the message.  These actions occur at night.

Nosy Neighbor  --> Evil's Brown Nose -->  King Porker
This Role changes, Nosy Neighbor on Day 1, Brown Nose on Day 2&3, King Porker for the rest of the game.
This character is very interesting.  On the first day, he is able to peek in and see which characters have evil and greedy tendencies, allied with both.  He also learns who the Gangleader is this day.  On day 2 and 3, he's allied with Greed, and can restore an evil or greedy player BACK INTO THE GAME, but only one each day.  This player will be known to everyone, and still has his or her abilities, but can be voted out, like any other player in the game.  On Day 4, this character becomes the official leader of the Greed faction, and can call the nightly hits.  These are Day abilities, except for the hit, and can be performed immediately in the game, unless he or she has been blocked!

--A note:  Certain abilities will have prerequisites or transform over time.  This isn't entirely a new concept, but make sure you understand it.  In some cases, the requirement might just be to survive to a certain day, in others, you might have to do something a bit more specific.  Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 12:42:13 AM »
I altered the "Nosy Neighbor" role slightly.  He learns who the Gangleader is, too, but learns the first night, rather than the first day.  The Embodiment of Evil will learn this role when the Gangleader switches to the evil side.

Edit:  Changed it back, he learns it all now.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 01:16:34 PM »
I just noticed something could be considered an inconsistency or vague, and to make things more interesting, I'm leaving it as it is!

The Psychic Prodigy can choose a player OR role, and choose to send the message to that player OR role.  So, he can choose to message the "Chosen One," or he could choose to message a specific player in the game.  He won't learn the identity of the role he messages, and whichever choice he chooses (player or role), is what the Embodiment of Evil will be told this player sent the message to.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 02:45:31 PM »
I just noticed something could be considered an inconsistency or vague, and to make things more interesting, I'm leaving it as it is!

The Psychic Prodigy can choose a player OR role, and choose to send the message to that player OR role.  So, he can choose to message the "Chosen One," or he could choose to message a specific player in the game.  He won't learn the identity of the role he messages, and whichever choice he chooses (player or role), is what the Embodiment of Evil will be told this player sent the message to.

What a shitty psychic
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 01:15:28 AM »
An addendum to all rules:  Any role with an ability that isn't automatically used can still use his or her ability once he or she dies!  An automatic ability is still used automatically, for instance, if the Psychic Prodigy is killed, but received a PSYCHIC MESSAGE, he or she would find out who it was from at the same time.

To maintain the integrity of the game, if you die, please do not talk about anything pertaining to the game, at any time, among the dead.