Author Topic: Mafia LVIX Dead Thread: Ah, no wonder your extinct!  (Read 11989 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Mafia LVIX Dead Thread: Ah, no wonder your extinct!
« on: November 07, 2013, 02:35:24 AM »
Wow what a death. Can't wait for tthe story of my gloriously gory demise.

Please pm me Rex and raptor. I'm dying to know who you are!
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Re: Mafia LVIX Dead Thread: Ah, no wonder your extinct!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 02:45:08 AM »
Fantastic hit guys.  It was a great game.  Sorry, I was freaking annoying this game.  It was my strategy.  Be as loud as possible...hopefully get lucky and live and pull attention from other players.  I think it worked.

Stogi, I got really lucky guessing you.  Some reason when you called me out but didn't vote for me...it seemed very Mafia like.  So I PMed some people about you...but nothing ever came of it. 

As for my death.  I am happy.  I really want this game to go longer, and so far it is really exciting.  The dinosaurs can hide again...the townies, have to trust again...and even though the odds are in the townies favor...that can quickly change with some deaths.  In fact if we get 3 townie deaths tomorrow...well then, the tables are turned quite a bit. 

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 02:47:43 AM »
Wow, I was not expecting tonight to end like this. I definitely outed myself with how manic my changes seemed to be.  Looking back, I said a lot of dumb things that made it pretty clear who I was. I half blame that on lack of sleep, but oh well, what's done is done.

I for one would like this to not be the last mafia game, but perhaps the start of a new season of games. I suppose we shall have to see.
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 02:50:39 AM »
I think once a month games with a Christmas break and a summer break might be good.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 08:35:28 AM »
I wonder what would have happened if I managed to switch my vote to a certain probable furry on day 1. I'd probably still be in it.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 09:36:10 AM »
Who knows.  I am honestly surprised I lasted past day 2.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 01:59:14 PM »
Sorry Shaymin. I was  desperate to preserve my role and that was the only way to get some people to help vote me out. It helped a bit. Hopefully our deaths are enough to help the townies last.
My Game Collection

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 09:32:51 PM »
The Mafia day is quiet now that I am dead.  I made a lot a noise.  I am really curious what will happen now.  Will the T-Rex begin to save hits again?  Will the townies get lucky?  Will activity pick up?  Can a one person Mafia win with so many odds against them?  Afterall, we have three potential ways for the mafia to be killed.  T-Rex, vote, Muldoon. 

Speaking of...will we have a bad target and lose two townies? 

We started with 17 players...and now have 11 players left.

2 players have to be eliminated for a townie win.

The most deaths that can occur today is 4.  The most likely number of deaths is 3.  Likelihood they are all townies...VERY. 

So after today I see the odds being 6 townies and 2 dinosaurs. 

The Mafia HAS to tie...so they have to be 1 and 1...so this can go 3 more days...for a Mafia win. 

T-Rex win is much harder.

If the townies get lucky and kill the T-Rex or Mafia tonight...then the odds become much greater in their odds...as they prevent the number of deaths in the next days...

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 09:56:25 PM »
T-rex is ethier pokepal, krushreda, or isanoLord!
Made you look ****.

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 10:06:54 PM »
Hey! You're not dead yet! Begone with thee!

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 11:07:37 PM »
I uh would ah like to uh put any ah hope of a uh well uh regarded uh high qu-quality acting career for m-myself

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2013, 11:35:08 PM »
If you are dead you can not mention theories of roles.  You are supposed to be well dead.  Please don't make accusations.  My analysis of the game was borderline prohibited.  And some would argue IS.

Oh wait...you aren't dead...interesting...posting thoughts to the dead...maybe people won't see them or read them.  ha.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 11:37:47 PM by Spak-Spang »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 01:59:59 AM »
And the townies got lucky with only 2 dead today.  The T-Rex is obviously saving up his hits for a future attack.  The question is...how long will he play this gamble?  One more day?  And have 3?  Or will he try to unleash something tomorrow? 

The townies still have the edge...but perhaps the T-Rex is trying to keep himself hidden from the mafia as well as the townies....can a giant dinosaur truly hide for long though? 

For the record that means there can be a max number of 6 deaths tomorrow. 
2-T Rex
1 Raptor
1 Muldoon
1 vote
and if Muldoon kills the wrong person 1 more.

Obviously, this is unlikely. 

I predict another 2 or 3 dead tomorrow....unfortunately they will most likely be Townies...but who knows.  what will happen.  Eventually the dinosaurs have to meet...and depending on how healthy the townies are, it will determine the fate of the entire game.

Do the dinosaurs try to strike each other early or later? 

I hope for some big action today...and maybe a cliffhanger.  At least an announcement of how many died...even if we don't know who until late Sunday.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 09:59:29 AM »
I must have done something to make myself obvious here, as I was sent a PM suspecting me of being a raptor on the day I was voted-off.

Oh well.  The first game I played, I lasted all the way to the end, I guess getting put on the chopping block early in this game is karma.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2013, 01:44:42 PM »
It's because I searched you day one on the hunch of you beginning the bandwagon against me.

Mop it up and I have a tradition: we vote each other day one so some other person hopping on like it is a legitimate bandwagon is suspicious to me.

Day two I searched Jrlibrarian because I was considering confiding in him but something told me to verify before trusting. I half hoped to keep him around because he cleverly joined the vote against lolmonade but when things went dry on day three I decided he was too much of a liability and axed him.

Can't talk about day three because it involves live players but that is a summary of the first two days as an investigator.
My Game Collection

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2013, 02:17:36 PM »
redacted
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 02:48:00 PM by lolmonade »

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2013, 02:44:43 PM »
I'd prefer less talk altogether until the game is over when it comes to your actions. That stuff fills in more blanks for the living players.

I was trying an experiment this game by not creating a dead thread. It finally was created which doesn't surpise me because I think there is an urge to make a lament or sign-off. But without having the ability to moderate such a thread, I'm much more leery of it this time around.

Therefore, please be cautious in what you post. There'll be time to reveal all when the game is over.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2013, 05:36:20 PM »
So when does the inactivity rule come into play? It's kinda lonely here imo

So anyone up for some ping pong
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 05:46:43 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2013, 09:58:21 PM »
Sorry Khush. Didn't think that through. I'll keep it to mum from now on.

And pokepal, there is no lysene contingency like in the real park. No one dies without that one protein.
My Game Collection

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2013, 10:54:34 AM »
Well, we can talk about cats, bats, and such.  And laughing at our own deaths…but nothing that can give away roles or actions.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2013, 07:10:46 AM »
Wow.  I am really sad about the vote.  If anything I would have tried Robert Muldoon for the mafia, and the T-Rex for another townie.

I think it would have made for a much more interesting final day.  As it stands I feel we probably got rid of the most active players, and now there is a whimper to the game. 

I hope the game picks up and gets some energy.  As it stands the Mafia can still pull out a win, but the townies must be careful. 

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2013, 02:51:06 PM »
Are you kidding me?! Luracio stated he was Muldoon day one in the thread! What a stupidly brilliant idea. All this time I was wishing we could find him and he was right in front of our eyes. You were even on the short list of searches one of the days.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2013, 03:24:05 PM »
Ha. Yeah. I was surprised no one picked up on that. It was sort of a face palm moment for me because he is a new player and he right away posts that he is Muldoon. I thought someone was going to notice that post or wonder about it but I guess due to Lucariofan99's posting habits no one took a second glance at it.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2013, 03:30:30 PM »
Wow.  I am really sad about the vote.  If anything I would have tried Robert Muldoon for the mafia, and the T-Rex for another townie.

I think it would have made for a much more interesting final day.  As it stands I feel we probably got rid of the most active players, and now there is a whimper to the game. 

I hope the game picks up and gets some energy.  As it stands the Mafia can still pull out a win, but the townies must be careful. 

As long as people aren't happy with the tiebreak results, my job is done. The whole point of that rule is to make sure there are no tie votes as otherwise the votes count for nothing and it is random elimination. I've threatened it for many games and this is the first time I've had to use it. I don't want to use it again so hopefully this game will serve as the only example needed of what will happen by doing so and players will know that it is a far worse option to select in the future.

After the vote was tied, ThePerm sent me this message. Hopefully he won't mind my showing it:

lol, well hopefully its not me. When I asked if there was no incentive to vote, that would be the sort of thing I meant. Theres one mafia left, so its like I want to vote, but i dont want to piss that one person off and become his hit victim. I'm hoping mostly to take out 3 people at once, because that would be awesome. I would much rather take out 3 people in a glorious mess.

To be honest, since I've never had to enforce the tiebreak rule, I never thought about it being a possibility so it surprised me when it happened. A lot of talk has been brought up about having a rule to make people be more active. I guess in a way the threat of a tie vote might be one sort of incentive then.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 03:38:03 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2013, 03:32:40 PM »
Yeah, that was actually somewhat brilliant on his part, even if no one realized it, not even him. But we all dismissed him out of meme-hate.

And this is exactly why I chose to avoid bringing this situation about on Day 1.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2013, 03:39:04 PM »
He was a new mafia player so I assumed he was attempting to role-play and chose a character from the film.

Thatguy used to sometimes drop his role at the beginning of a game -and it would typically end up bad for him- but he is an experienced player. He was shooting the moon and is one of the few players that could possibly pull it off.
My Game Collection

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2013, 03:43:34 PM »
He was a new mafia player so I assumed he was attempting to role-play and chose a character from the film.

Thatguy used to sometimes drop his role at the beginning of a game -and it would typically end up bad for him- but he is an experienced player. He was shooting the moon and is one of the few players that could possibly pull it off.

For fun, I'd give my role publicly sometimes. Sometimes I'd lie and claim I'm mafia publicly. I think I claimed to be the killer once, too. It would work in some cases. In others, it wouldn't.

There was one game where I tried saying everything the opposite of what I meant. That resulted in me confessing I was mafia in the thread, and saying I wanted to be voted out. As it was happening, I proclaimed that the people playing the game were very smart and making the best moves possible. I died shortly after. I'm not sure if any players caught onto what I was doing, but it was a little fun while it lasted.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2013, 03:47:34 PM »
Oh. I remember that! Shoot. What game was that? I think you explained to me what you were doing so as it went on, and you were saying the opposite of what you thought of the other players, I was just laughing to myself since I knew what the "code" was but I don't think anyone else figured it out until you had died and explained it.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2013, 03:50:31 PM »
Oh. I remember that! Shoot. What game was that? I think you explained to me what you were doing so as it went on, and you were saying the opposite of what you thought of the other players, I was just laughing to myself since I knew what the "code" was but I don't think anyone else figured it out until you had died and explained it.

I don't recall, but you were the host, and I did let you in on it ahead of time.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2013, 03:51:36 PM »
Thatguy, you are the 'Joker' of Mafia games. You try off-the-wall tactics, sometimes just for the fun of it or to see what happens.
My Game Collection

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2013, 06:18:36 PM »
Even a blind squirrel can stumble into a nut.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2013, 06:26:08 PM »
Ha. Yeah. I was surprised no one picked up on that. It was sort of a face palm moment for me because he is a new player and he right away posts that he is Muldoon. I thought someone was going to notice that post or wonder about it but I guess due to Lucariofan99's posting habits no one took a second glance at it.
That was extactly my plan ::)  i have watched jurassic park u know!
Made you look ****.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2013, 06:57:24 PM »

The most active players were gone days ago. In fact, the whole reason I did the tie was because no one else was actually playing, including the vigilante. Might as well try and get rid of as many inactive people as possible to weed them out.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2013, 06:58:45 PM »
Except it also removes cannon fodder and active townies.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2013, 07:07:10 PM »
What active townies? Only two of those four people actually posted that day, and none of them voted. Sure it could have gone any way, but it ended up getting the killer and no townie of any significance.

I would not have done the tie if more people were showing up and voting. I have no idea what else interesting you guys think would have happened when no one was even doing anything.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2013, 07:14:28 PM »
Are you going for another one then....

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2013, 08:59:45 PM »

There is one man who has led us all here... one man who has sought to make fools of us all... one man who has toyed with us this entire time like a bunch of cheap puppets he got at Hobby Lobby. In the name of peace and sanity we must vote for the true villain here...

vote kushrenada

The vote is in...Mr. Hammond must die.  Yes, a bloody horrible death to be sure.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2013, 04:23:08 PM »
If no one were to vote, does that mean that there is no vote or is it a tie? Hmmmmm.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2013, 04:34:28 PM »
I always thought it would be fun to have a game where you could challenge the host. If the host was voted out then the challenger took over hosting duties. A lot of problems would come up so I'm not sure it would be possible to make it work.
My Game Collection

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2013, 05:26:07 PM »
I always thought it would be fun to have a game where you could challenge the host. If the host was voted out then the challenger took over hosting duties. A lot of problems would come up so I'm not sure it would be possible to make it work.
Like the Host just giving it to someone on the third day?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2013, 05:39:57 PM »
If no one were to vote, does that mean that there is no vote or is it a tie? Hmmmmm.

I don't think a no vote is as bad as a tie.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2013, 05:45:46 PM »
That could be interesting. Or perhaps anonymous hosting. The original host posts the story of the 'mystery host' which rotates each round. If the mystery host is killed then there is some added bonus or catch.

Another idea:
The host has a goal of manipulating the outcome of the game. They have one 'follower' that is a player. Each day the host can select a new 'convert' to join the 'enlightened' (must be a non-role townie). This group acts like the mafia in that their goal is to survive and win. The townies are the ones resisting against the will of the gods and are commencing a witch hunt to burn all of the 'enlightened'. Maybe give the enlightened some powers. First convert can hide from investigations, second can change a vote, etc.

That could work in a zombie/global virus/vampire setting as well where you start the game with one 'infected' person and each day they pass the virus on to one other person. Game ends when the infected are all wiped out or cured.
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2013, 06:05:47 PM »
I think no vote means game's over and everyone spontaneously combusts,

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2013, 08:09:10 PM »
The worst part when I hosted a game was that I didn't get to play. It'd be interesting to get the host in on playing a game... but I think it'd be real tough to get that to work well.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2013, 09:13:34 PM »
I'm really sorry. I've been hosting another mafia game on a separate forum and playing on a different one as well... and I focused really poorly on this particular round. Maybe just because I was tired of townie roles. Regardless, I had a chance to step up and do something but instead I laid back and pretty much painted an "I'm really shifty, kill me!" sign on me.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2013, 11:31:09 PM »
Are you kidding the best part of this game is being the host.  You know EVERYTHING.  You see every little trick and lie in public, and you see the actions and peoples thinking as they write you.

I love hosting this game as much as playing...if not more.