Author Topic: Eternal Mafia Finale: The Darkness Comes  (Read 17559 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Eternal Mafia Finale: The Darkness Comes
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2010, 05:55:44 PM »
Here's hoping I learn a little from this game; hopefully I'll play better next time.
Does this mean we'll have you in the next one?

For what it's worth, I tried to kill Mop it up on day 2
Just curious on this, was there a reason or was it more of a random selection?

In my book, though, if the townies can figure out the mafia and have a greater number of players voting than the mafia, it might show some imbalance.  The only role with too much power was the bone thief, solely because we lost our counter to his role, Khush, so early, and there were too few people in the game.
Yeah, that's kind of what I'm saying. There's something unsettling about that.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 06:14:04 PM by Mop it up »

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2010, 06:55:15 PM »

The only reason is because you're a veteran player who's slightly less high profile than I am (at least in my mind).  After a few days veteran players who are still alive start to come under scrutiny.  After killing Khush on day one, I didn't want to take out anyone that I consider "higher-profile" than myself (e.g. thatguy) because I wanted to be able say "sure, i'm still alive, but so's so-and-so!".  Nothing personal about it--purely business.  ;)
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2010, 08:06:55 PM »

The only reason is because you're a veteran player who's slightly less high profile than I am (at least in my mind).  After a few days veteran players who are still alive start to come under scrutiny.  After killing Khush on day one, I didn't want to take out anyone that I consider "higher-profile" than myself (e.g. thatguy) because I wanted to be able say "sure, i'm still alive, but so's so-and-so!".  Nothing personal about it--purely business.  ;)

Then I'm even more glad we neutralized you, because that logic probably would have taken you to me next after her.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2010, 08:22:42 PM »
images you missed out on....

the preface to the giant birdo, the summon
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2010, 09:14:29 PM »
I get the feeling I wasn't playing right, but I didn't have an inclination on who to ask until after I already got popped. Hopefully it works out better next time, and congrats to the mafia.

* Shaymin takes the cannolli
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2010, 09:29:09 PM »
I get the feeling I wasn't playing right, but I didn't have an inclination on who to ask until after I already got popped. Hopefully it works out better next time, and congrats to the mafia.

* Shaymin takes the cannolli

Yeah, you were a victim of my "randomly kill people Maxi isn't mentioning" strategy. I don't like to kill newbies, but that strategy also resulted in taking out Toruresu, so I have no regrets.

J.P. Corbran

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2010, 09:33:57 PM »
I'd like to thank the other members of the mafia for dealing with my life during this game. I'm sorry for that, and it didn't work out as well as it could, but at least it brought Maxi out into the open. ;)
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2010, 03:19:07 PM »
And a particular well done to maxi for sending me a PM.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2010, 03:36:39 PM »
Why don't you ever send me PMs, Plugabugz?

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2010, 04:53:32 PM »
I have been thinking about the game more and I have a few questions for everybody. Had I went after someone else other than jrlibrarian would you of followed me. Maybe going after apdude instead. Reason I would of took this path is because after jrlibrarian I would have no info.

If I had contacted you vudu on Day 2 and said you were the killer what would you have done?

I was actually going to propse this to you since you knew he was the bodyguard and had no offensive ability to try going after someone else so we could save jrlibrarian for at least another day.  I would have tried to direct you to go for someone else you named earlier like thatguy, or Mop it Up but figured it was too risky since you also had insanolord in your list.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2010, 02:07:18 AM »
I wanted to vote out Insanolord on day 1.  No, Khush said.  I'll vouch for him.  It took three or four days to find out it was just Khush saying that to put things together, and that he hadn't been investigated.

Whoops. On day 1, the first pm I got was this from Insanolord:

I've never been very good at Mafia, but you always seem to be nice to me with it, so I guess I'm turning to you again. You know this game better than anyone, so I'd like to work with you. Interested?

I had no reason to doubt his sincerity and I can not recall the last time, if any, a mafia member, let alone the godfather was so bold as to reach out to me at the start of the game and offer to work with me. Even Maxi contacted me later in the game after investigating me. So, I really thought he was legit. I thought so right up to the last day when I began to get a sinking feeling that maybe I shouldn't have been telling people Insanolord can be trusted.

As for my time in the game, I didn't really get a chance to do much. I was right to target a new player but I choose the wrong one this time. When Maxi contacted me, he had two investigations left. I had him investigate jrlibrarian and I'm happy for that since as far as I'm concerned that got rid of the biggest obstacle to the townies when it came to the mafia. You can argue the bonethief and vampire were pretty important also but with the Greater Guardian gone, there would be no fear of day votes wasted. But for some reason, Maxi also investigated Sundoulos. And I'm still not sure why he did it since Sundoulos was the majority vote at the time and looked like he was going to get voted out and then his identity would be revealed. He also investigated stevey, another of my recommendations.

So, at the end of day 1, Maxi gives me the results of his findings. At the moment, Thatguy is leading the vote 4 - 3 over Sundoulos and Mop it up is at 2 votes. I don't know how Thatguy ended up leading the vote but I figure I'll take a chance and believe Thatguy is a townie as he has told me. Even if he is using me, I'm sure I owe him from a couple games so this my chance to return the favor. I can't vote out Sundoulos since I know he is an innocent townie so therefore I change a Thatguy vote to Mop it up and create a 3 way tie. Just not sure what the bonethief will do. Turns out, he does nothing. Fine. Tomorrow, we strike the mafia and take out jrlibrarian and we have a four strong townie alliance at least of myself, Maxi, Stevey and Sundoulos. I then have a second tier reserve of Thatguy and Insanolord hopefully on my side but not vindicated. Moreover, with this info, we should be able to get the Doctor to come forward to us as well and maybe even throw out a feeler to the detective.

Instead, Vudu shoots my plan down the drain and Insanolord makes a wise hit getting rid of the detective and nothing seems to materalize beyond getting rid of jrlibrarian. Moreover, I've told Maxi and Thatguy that Insanolord can be trusted. That's the game. I still think I was right to at least bugger up the first day vote and save two townies.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2010, 03:34:04 AM »
Let me clear something up Khushrenada as far as Sundolous goes. I never searched Sundolous. How could I?I only had two searches left.
jrlibrarian and stevey were my searches.

Earlier Sundolous said he didn't get a role PM and like just before the voting ended on day one I sent in my searches for stevey and jr.I also asked Stratos if he sent out role PMs to townies.Stratos said he didn't send any out to townies so I took Sundolous comment as being truthful.He would have had to contact Stratos and asked him the same question to get the right answer. Considering that Stratos wasn't on to answer PMs that much I took what Sundolous as truth.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2010, 11:05:32 AM »
Here's hoping I learn a little from this game; hopefully I'll play better next time.
For better or for worse, I plan to give it a go again.

It's too bad that all the Day I stuff made me a little too hesitant to trust or listen to thatguy.   Since I was a townie, I had thought he was mafia joining in on a push to get rid of a townie once Khush singled me out.  Oh, well...
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2010, 11:07:53 AM »
For better or for worse, I plan to give it a go again.

It's too bad that all the Day I stuff made me a little too hesitant to trust or listen to thatguy.   Since I was a townie, I had thought he was mafia joining in on a push to get rid of a townie once Khush singled me out.  Oh, well...

Hopefully you've learned I'm the most trustworthy player in the game by now.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2010, 12:55:18 PM »
Hopefully you've learned I've been the killer twice in a row now so there's no chance I'll be anything but a townie in the next game.  ;)
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2010, 06:07:19 PM »
It's too bad that all the Day I stuff made me a little too hesitant to trust or listen to thatguy.
Here are some basic rules of Mafia:
-Actions speak louder than words.
-Never trust Thatguy.
-Vudu is always Mafia or killer.
-Stratos must be stopped.

The only reason is because you're a veteran player who's slightly less high profile than I am (at least in my mind).  After a few days veteran players who are still alive start to come under scrutiny.
Yeah, it makes sense, thanks for telling me. I guess I should take it as a compliment that you think I'm a skilled player in any capacity.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2010, 06:22:51 PM »
"Never trust thatguy" should be higher on that list, and possibly repeated a couple times.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2010, 06:25:15 PM »
So I've been told...by multiple people. :)
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2010, 07:24:07 PM »
Hey, to be fair, if it is a game where you can trust me, you should never trust vudu.  We're almost always on opposing sides.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2010, 07:32:24 PM »
It's too bad that all the Day I stuff made me a little too hesitant to trust or listen to thatguy.
-Never trust Thatguy.

Also add to the list:

-Tell Khushrenada your role right away so things can get organized fast.
-If you are the doctor, protect Khushrenada right away! Don't wait for facts first!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2010, 12:46:39 AM »
-Never trust Thatguy.
-If you are the doctor, protect Khushrenada right away! Don't wait for facts first!

+

-Always vote Mop it up first ;)
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2010, 12:52:21 AM »
Since it was requested, we are having a vote in this thread for Game MVP. Nominate and vote for who you think deserves recognition in this game.

I'll start by voting for Insanolord because he was really on fire the whole game. He tricked the townies into trusting him and held the act up until the end of the game and led the mafia to a pretty strong victory.

Voting will last for about a week. I'll probably shut it off by next Tuesday unless it seems everyone has voted before then.
My Game Collection

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2010, 01:31:05 AM »
I'll second Stratos and cast my MVP vote for the mafia's fearless leader

Vote Insanolord

He was helpfull in ironing out my statigies and while being involved in the fray somehow managed not to get a single vote against.

And a rule to add to the list
- vote for a newbie on the first day it freaks them out
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 01:33:02 AM by apdude »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2010, 02:24:03 AM »
I'll second Stratos and cast my MVP vote for the mafia's fearless leader

Vote Insanolord

He was helpfull in ironing out my statigies and while being involved in the fray somehow managed not to get a single vote against.

And a rule to add to the list
- vote for a newbie on the first day it freaks them out

-Vote for Maxi on the first day, it freaks him out ;)
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2010, 03:21:23 AM »
It's been a while since I've played a game with Insanolord, so I don't recall anything about him. I probably should have taken a closer look at him, as anything suspicious I just passed off as him being rusty. Big mistake.

The first one is extremely lame and cheapens the game, but the second one is definitely true. To add to it: If Khushrenada isn't killed on Day 1, he's Mafia.

-Always vote Mop it up first ;)
You a copycat, ain't ya

-Vote for Maxi on the first day, it freaks him out ;)
Voting Maxi on any day freaks him out, even when there are seven votes for another player.