Author Topic: Super Bowl Sunday... Deals on EDTVs and HDTVs  (Read 1856 times)

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
Super Bowl Sunday... Deals on EDTVs and HDTVs
« on: January 15, 2007, 01:23:50 PM »
Last I recalled, the best time to grab a TV is just after the Super Bowl.  If that's changed let me know.

In any case, my TV has this amazing[ly agrivating] feature that forces progressive signals to be placed on one set of inputs and non progressive signals to be forced onto other inputs (one input cannot handle both).  This makes playing games like Zelda and Trauma Center fun rounds of cable swapping.

Anyways, with the potential of some pitfalls when looking for a new set, such as signal processing time that can cause delay's between user input and the on screen action, I thought it would be nice to have a thread to point to or list any helpful knowledge.  Pointers or information regarding:

* Buyer Bewares
* Positive Usage
* Collection of Research Notes
* Good Deals  

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE: Super Bowl Sunday... Deals on EDTVs and HDTVs
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 05:48:36 AM »
Great thread; unfortunately, no one will ever post here.

Maybe it should be moved to General Chat.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 01:54:36 PM »
I'm not sure that I can move it...  if the mods agree feel free too.

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 03:53:22 PM »
Well I'm seeing a ton of TV's in the ads... to bad they all seem to be over $1000.

I remember seeing a few 40+ in LCD's go for under a grand, but maybe my memory deceives...

Offline Darc Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 12:30:10 PM »
Shecky go to www.newegg.com New Egg has some good prices on HDTV's. I order all my PC stuff from them and I kinda wished I would have waited to get my HDTV from them.
"Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding."