Author Topic: The Animal Crossing: New Horizons Thread of Madness  (Read 104696 times)

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
Re: The Animal Crossing: New Horizons Thread of Madness
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2020, 04:36:37 PM »
Different note, has anyone that's unlocked expanded residential services/townhall received the "assess 3 fossils" Nook Miles + task? I'm thinking it goes away after the first few days, and I'm addicted to Nook miles so I've been saving my fossils.

Offline Armak88

• Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2020, 06:26:05 PM »
Different note, has anyone that's unlocked expanded residential services/townhall received the "assess 3 fossils" Nook Miles + task? I'm thinking it goes away after the first few days, and I'm addicted to Nook miles so I've been saving my fossils.

I've received and completed this task several times. My experience has been that they usually give it to you at the beginning of the day with a multiplier, I haven't ever gotten stuck because I've already assessed the fossils on my island from that day. Definitely not something worth hoarding fossils over.
"I'm not going to ban you yet just in case you really are a huge fan of bean bag chairs..." - Pale

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2020, 12:24:17 PM »
Yeah, you always find like three fossils each day anyways, so if you really wanted to be sure you could float a couple for assessing.

I agree the miles program is a great feature. It really helps drive my play is some ways. I wish Nintendo would implement a system-wide achievement system, but this one does the job for this game rather well.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2020, 03:21:23 PM »
Yeah, the Nook Miles REALLY work well for me. They're so naturally integrated into what you want to do in the game anyways, and they feedback into that loop so well with the Flight tickets and being used for some endgame luxury redemptions. The bonuses to do at least the first 5 each day are also really exciting and work well to motivate!

I swear the first couple days of AC I was playing more for the miles than the bells. In fact, that's still how I measure my moment-to-moment progress in the game: "Oh, that's a goal I can accomplish pretty easily, so let me craft some DIY recipes (I can always use more fish bait!) and then see if the next task that takes its place is also easy."

If Nintendo came up with a system wide achievement system, daily activity goals would be a neat addition (in addition to the "earn once" trophies), but what would you redeem it on? Nook Miles are almost a form of currency in AC:NH so their appeal is immediate. I don't think platinum coins are that appealing with how lackluster My Nintendo is these days outside of the beloved Gold Coins... Maybe Nintendo could finally come up with a themes system driven mainly by the play points? (Also maybe bring back a bit of Streetpass Coins where you could use them in-game for certain unlocks or bonuses?)
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2020, 01:39:04 PM »
Anybody need fossils? or should I just sell them all and make the bells?
Stego Skull, Sabertooth Tail, Parasaur Torso, Brachio Tail, Amber, Acanthostega...
(i assume these are all pretty common, but if not, they are up for grabs - I need the storage space back)

Also looking to purchase some turnips today, and hopefully sell at a profit tomorrow.

and looking to find more flowers. Just got a DIY that requires a red rose, so need to expand my flower collection.
I currently have: Red Wildflower, White Hyacinths, Yellow Lillies, and Orange Wildflowers.
I'm assuming I need to plant seeds, so who's got seeds for sale?

Good lord this game is a time sink. LOL

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2020, 01:51:34 PM »
Anybody need fossils? or should I just sell them all and make the bells?
Stego Skull, Sabertooth Tail, Parasaur Torso, Brachio Tail, Amber, Acanthostega...
(i assume these are all pretty common, but if not, they are up for grabs - I need the storage space back)

Also looking to purchase some turnips today, and hopefully sell at a profit tomorrow.

and looking to find more flowers. Just got a DIY that requires a red rose, so need to expand my flower collection.
I currently have: Red Wildflower, White Hyacinths, Yellow Lillies, and Orange Wildflowers.
I'm assuming I need to plant seeds, so who's got seeds for sale?

Good lord this game is a time sink. LOL

With fossils if you have a duplicate then you can sell them if no one wants to take them off your hands. 

I know you can purchase flowers from Nook so you don't really need the DIY recipe unless if it uncommon. 

And yes it can be but one can make things how you want with your own creativity.   

I saw a video the other day of someone who made the whole LTTP map in New Horizons.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2020, 01:57:45 PM »
all the fossils are duplicates. I've donated the first of everything I've found so far to the museum.

do they also take flowers for the botanical side of things?

the DIY I found was a welcome mat, but it has a red rose as a material needed.
I don't have any roses on my island. Also, if I dig up a flower, can I replant it? I tried picking them but that obviously didn't work? I just started lining out my property with a fence and moved some trees and basically killed about 3hrs this morning doing stuff I had no intention of doing when I fired this game up for a quick 20 minute check in. LOL

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2020, 02:34:32 PM »
all the fossils are duplicates. I've donated the first of everything I've found so far to the museum.

do they also take flowers for the botanical side of things?

the DIY I found was a welcome mat, but it has a red rose as a material needed.
I don't have any roses on my island. Also, if I dig up a flower, can I replant it? I tried picking them but that obviously didn't work? I just started lining out my property with a fence and moved some trees and basically killed about 3hrs this morning doing stuff I had no intention of doing when I fired this game up for a quick 20 minute check in. LOL

As to flowers and the museum if you go inside. The whole assortment of items will have a section for the particular type of item.  I know fish, fossils and bugs are in there but check and see if there is anything else.

As to flowers yes you can dig up the flowers with a shovel and then plant them later on to a more suitable place.   As to finding different flowers I do know if you fly to a different island it will have different things on it.  It is one of those randomly occuring islands so each time you go on a flight it will be a new island.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2020, 09:34:07 PM »
Well.... I was trying to shop at someone elses Nook store, but I guess I'll go raid some random islands. LOL

Who has collected all the Bunny items.
Outside of the clothing items for Earth, Leaf, Wood, Sky, and Water (I'm missing Stone)
I have 12 of the 18 DIY items. I hear the 18th don't show till 4/12 when Mr. Bunny Suit comes back

Anybody got all 17 available Bunny Day items?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2020, 10:42:38 AM »
In an act of Quarantine kindness.... I bought my friends son a digital copy of Animal Crossing for his Switch. +1 to those US totals.

I also added him as a friend to my daughters account, so hopefully they'll be able to play together online. Hopefully he doesn't get turned off by all the April Bunny stuff dominating the game right now.
I've already thrown out all the Eggs in my house... not sure what I'm gonna do for breakfast now, but I just couldn't stand pulling out one more egg from anywhere at this point. If I plan to make that omelette, I'm gonna have to go back to the store and collect 2-3 eggs for this DIY

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2020, 12:21:37 PM »
I’ve got all Bunny Day recipes. I’ve been crafting them for the credit and then selling them off. I can craft anything if you need.

Well.... I was trying to shop at someone elses Nook store, but I guess I'll go raid some random islands. LOL

Who has collected all the Bunny items.
Outside of the clothing items for Earth, Leaf, Wood, Sky, and Water (I'm missing Stone)
I have 12 of the 18 DIY items. I hear the 18th don't show till 4/12 when Mr. Bunny Suit comes back

Anybody got all 17 available Bunny Day items?
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2020, 12:48:18 PM »
Is there a special credit for crafting each one? or are just referring to the Nook Miles credit?
I can't find enough stones to break to get stone eggs to craft everything.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2020, 12:49:45 PM »
I'm missing a recipe or two, and I need a few more stone and earth eggs. I'm now getting duplicate bunny day recipes, while missing the arch!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2020, 03:30:42 PM »
Wait, are you breaking your rocks, or just smacking them? You can get up to 8 items from hitting them with a shovel or axe, just make sure you don't have any fruit power.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2020, 04:23:26 PM »
FYI just discovered you can leave bugs and fish outside in cases for others to pick up. This must be a new feature.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2020, 04:34:51 PM »
Wait, are you breaking your rocks, or just smacking them? You can get up to 8 items from hitting them with a shovel or axe, just make sure you don't have any fruit power.

WUUT O_o

I've been doing it all wrong. no wonder I'm always short on iron ore.... I keep breaking them, as any other time I smacked it (once or twice on accident) I never got anything from it.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2020, 05:32:38 PM »
I've been doing it all wrong. no wonder I'm always short on iron ore.... I keep breaking them, as any other time I smacked it (once or twice on accident) I never got anything from it.
Yeah, it only works once per day, and you have to keep hitting the rock as quickly as you can to get all 8 items to pop out. It will also not work if you have company over.

FYI just discovered you can leave bugs and fish outside in cases for others to pick up. This must be a new feature.
This doesn't work with online players. Still no online trading of those.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2020, 05:17:37 PM »
I didn't buy turnips yesterday and I think that'll have a positive effect on my mental health this week.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2020, 04:20:21 PM »
Found a great resource for the Nook Miles Islands and what are on each one and the chances of landing there.

https://wuffs.org/acnh/mysterytour.html
My Game Collection

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2020, 01:43:41 AM »
Quite engaged with making my island my home away from home. Still a WIP but I'm liking how it's shaping up.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2020, 01:53:02 AM »
Daaang. Wait, do you have to "beat the game" (roll credits) to get access to the customization tools?

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2020, 02:01:57 AM »
Yes, that is when you get the option to purchase water construction, cliff construction, and different path construction with Nook Miles.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2020, 09:35:05 AM »
I got the construction stuff a few days ago. I didn’t think I was going to use it, but laying down paths and being able to move things around easily- except for flowers and even then I’ve been invested in growing them. I found a secret beach that I had to carve a path to reach and I put my house on top of a remote cliff of the island. Bunny Day was never great, but I feel like this year is the worst because you can’t ignore it. K.K. Slider is finally coming to play weekly and there’s a fishing tourney happening soon. I haven’t been able to spot shooting stars yet and I still don’t have all the fruit. I’ve been playing a ton and it feels like the ground work is set and I’m excited to see how it builds up.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Armak88

• Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2020, 08:38:51 PM »
My gates are going to be open for the next hour or two. I think I have most of you on my friend list, but my code is SW-3242-4617-4615. I've spent the last few days really working on the construction and path, so take a quick tour and let me know what you think.
"I'm not going to ban you yet just in case you really are a huge fan of bean bag chairs..." - Pale

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2020, 08:53:45 PM »
Had anyone here thought of doing a "catalog exchange"?

Meet and exchange buyable items not available in your shops, then return them to the original owner, and now you can buy them in your shop too?