Author Topic: Nintendo Direct Announced For Tomorrow  (Read 8622 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Nintendo Direct Announced For Tomorrow
« on: March 31, 2015, 02:26:00 AM »

Like the man said, this is no joke.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/39956/nintendo-direct-announced-for-tomorrow

The next Nintendo Direct will air on April 1st at 6pm ET/3pm PT for North America, midnight on April 2 in Europe, and 7am in Japan. Wii U and 3DS games are both slated to be discussed, and a Treehouse Live will air immediately following the Direct.

Keep it tuned to NWR for all of the breakdown of the Direct announcements.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Direct Announced For Tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 09:33:15 AM »
Treehouse! I missed it.

Too bad it will be 4 am for me...
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 09:39:18 AM »
They'll reveal the Zelda delay was just an early April fools joke and that the real game is actually done right now and will be on the eShop right after the Direct. :cool;
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 10:16:57 AM »
Finally, a direct. Took longer than I expected but I am quite curious to see what Nintendo wants to discuss. There's the obvious business like Xenoblade Chronicles, 3D, Splatoon and Smash Bros. Mewtwo DLC. However, I think there's a good chance we see an announcement or two on some new projects or updates on ones not majorly shown yet (like Star Fox). I imagine Nintendo is probably still saving a surprise or two for E3 so I don't expect a whole lot of new announcements. Just some morsels to start the hype to E3.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 10:27:23 AM »
Sweet.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 11:00:12 AM »
One more step towards this stupid holiday finally being killed off. Nice.

As for the Direct itself, with it coming on the heels of the Zelda delay I think we're going to get teased with some Zelda & Star Fox footage as some form of damage control. The main focuses of the Direct will probably be Splatoon and Yoshi's Wooly World, since both of them should be out soon. I can't imagine we'll see new game announcements this close to the E3 Direct, though.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 12:17:36 PM »
As for the Direct itself, with it coming on the heels of the Zelda delay I think we're going to get teased with some Zelda & Star Fox footage as some form of damage control. The main focuses of the Direct will probably be Splatoon and Yoshi's Wooly World, since both of them should be out soon. I can't imagine we'll see new game announcements this close to the E3 Direct, though.

Didn't Nintendo say that Zelda won't be at E3?  If they could show Zelda footage at a Direct why couldn't they have a new trailer at E3?  I figure we won't see anything of Zelda for a while now.

The Direct is damage control for the Zelda delay though.  Has to be.  They can't just drop bad news like that and have no follow up.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 12:42:29 PM »

Didn't Nintendo say that Zelda won't be at E3?  If they could show Zelda footage at a Direct why couldn't they have a new trailer at E3?  I figure we won't see anything of Zelda for a while now.

Note the wording: Zelda won't be "at" E3. That doesn't mean they can't throw out some footage of it.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 12:55:39 PM »
If it's damage control for Zelda, I can't wait to see what laughably bad holdover they consider is satiating.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 01:00:00 PM »
The Zelda news was dropped early in order to not crap all over the Direct.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 01:22:38 PM »
If it's damage control for Zelda, I can't wait to see what laughably bad holdover they consider is satiating.

Metroid: Other Music - a mashup of Other M and Wii Music... and Urban Champion!  Let's just go all he way in the hatred!

Offline Zaraki

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2015, 02:08:15 PM »

Note the wording: Zelda won't be "at" E3. That doesn't mean they can't throw out some footage of it.

The exact wording of Aonuma's message was "we've decided to not [/size]show[/size] the game at this year's E3." If they went out of their way to specify that, it seems unlikely that there'll be any footage, unfortunately.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2015, 02:21:46 PM »
The exact wording of Aonuma's message was "we've decided to not show the game at this year's E3." If they went out of their way to specify that, it seems unlikely that there'll be any footage, unfortunately.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2015, 04:37:49 PM »

You're taking this Zelda thing WAY too hard.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2015, 06:14:55 PM »
Honestly, though. There's nothing that can really "replace" that game for this year- the onl possible exception I would make is Metroid. Even then, I see that coming to 3DS instead.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2015, 07:51:40 PM »
I don't know if I'll believe anything from this until the 2nd.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2015, 08:29:21 PM »
It's already April fools here!
Where's the DIRECT!
Made you look ****.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2015, 09:00:45 PM »
This Direct better have some real meat to it. ND aren't used for bad news so it's good that Zelda was a separate announcement. Now on to the business:

MewTwo and Mario Kart 8 DLC's
3DS NFC PORTAL Bundle With Mewtwo Amiibo
Splatoon Trailer
XC 3D Trailer
Devils 3rd Trailer
Secret Famitsu Game (Dragon Warrior?)

plus them setting the stage for E3. Digital Event, 2nd Smash Invitational, Splatoon Tourney and Treehouse Live 15.

Nothing else

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2015, 01:36:40 AM »
No one is speculating that tomorrows ND, the day after Club Nintendo ends, is maybe about what is to replace it?
Maybe shed some more light on this NX business, which to me sounds a lot like a software platform of some sort. Universal accounts, no more hardware specific attachments to anything, now all account based, universal VC regardless of hardware (available games depend on power of hardware).

either way, I think there will be a mention of what is to follow up ClubN.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2015, 06:06:49 AM »
An email that was sent out confirmed there would be no talk of the NX or the DeNA deal.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2015, 08:21:01 AM »
I think the first four things Nile listed are safe bets. I'd add Xenoblade Chronicles X and some e-shop stuff like Puzzle and Dragons. Mario Maker, Star Fox, and Yoshi's Wooly World are long shots. I'm not banking on any surprise announcements such as that Famitsu game Nile mentioned or something out of left field entirely. I'm managing my expectations since we're so close to E3. I'd love to be wrong though.

I have doubts over any NX or DeNA related news. Nintendo probably wants to blow the doors off that at E3.

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2015, 08:25:21 AM »
Famitsu DS+Wii was suppose to have a "major" announcement soon for a Nintendo platform, I wonder if that will be covered in this.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2015, 10:00:47 AM »
Price Drop for WII U, at least $50 if not $100 off.  Nintendo needs to generate a few positive numbers prior to e3, hell I'm surprised they didn't pull the gun since Sept.  It's long overdue.

Some Smash Brothers news, DLC and update/patch coming prior to evo2k15.   

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2015, 11:35:24 AM »
Internet ate my first stab at predictions. People need to temper their expectations.

- Smash Mewtwo/Tournament/Level Share/Miiverse Stage update dated.
- Mario Kart 8 DLC dated, 1-2 tracks revealed.
- Box Boy made available for download during the presentation.
- Devil's Third a short new trailer.
- Yoshi's Woolly World and Mario Maker get trailers/info.
- Amiibo Wave 4 gets dated, pre-orders open and sell out before the Direct even finishes.
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3D with 3DS NFC (and Shulk amiibo cruelly detailed)
- Hope you like Indie sizzle reels Affordable Space Adventures gets an in-depth preview.

The Direct ends with Splatoon info (which makes it easy to segue to the Treehouse Live thing, which should be mostly about Splatoon), maybe a Wii U/game/Inkling amiibo bundle is announced.

No NX, No mobile, No Club Nintendo successor(though there will be a mention of the final rewards), no mobile, no Zelda, No Fire Emblem If, no Metriod, no items, Fox only, Final Destination.

Now for the predictions that have zero chance of happening
- Fatal Frame 5 localization announced.
- First (and only) batch of DS Virtual Console on Wii U games announced and dated.
- SMTxFE gets a new teaser trailer and the world collapses slowly around me.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2015, 03:16:31 PM »
Mario Maker has to be shown. It's been an entire year since the game was announced and since then we haven't gotten any new info besides the short Game Awards trailer. I want to know how the level sharing works, does it use Miiverse? How long can the levels be? What enemies and objects can we use from each game?
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931